• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

I hope this better explains the problem I am having.

I installed on the stock oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817 and on a stock oscommerce-2.2rc2a and add Easy Graphical Borders

I used stock installs for testing as I have a heavily modified oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817 store, and to verify that that no other contributions are interfering with contribution.

I do not use a template.

In the Categories info box column left I have:

Hardware-> (6)

Software-> (4)

DVD Movies-> (17)

When I click DVD Movies-> (17) The page shows Categories below the breadcrumb and below that

New Products For November in a Graphical Border.

I then click category (Action) and the page shows (Let's See What We Have Here) below the breadcrumb

and the title (Action) is in the Graphical Border where the products are displayed.

All is good so far.

I then add a NEW category in admin called Test (no sub categories)

In the Categories info box column left I now have:

Hardware-> (6)

Software-> (4)

DVD Movies-> (17)

TEST (1)

When I click TEST (1) The page shows (Let's See What We Have Here) below the breadcrumb and below that

(Graphics Cards) in a Graphical Border where the products are displayed instead of (Test).

Thanks, your expenation is clear smile.gif #

I'm afraid your issue is not with this though, this mearly displays the sql that is passed to it:

index.php builds the query, then product_listing.php outputs the query having passed it through the split_page_results.php class for pagination.

graphical borders mearly wraps the tables in styled borders, again does nothing with the data.

so your problem is in index.php, but there is a bug in some versions of osC (don't recall exact details) that tends to occur when displaying a category that has no products, perhaps your issue? wink.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Thanks for the reply, I did find while checking index that there is a miss spelling, see below:

$category_depth = 'top';
 if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
   $categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
   $cateqories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);
   if ($cateqories_products['total'] > 0) {
     $category_depth = 'products'; // display products
   } else {

Note the q instead of g, this seems to appear in every version of oscommerce I downloaded.

I changed them to g but same problem, I'll search the forum for problems with index.

Just a note, I did have one product in the TEST category.

I'll add another just to be sure.

I'll report back my findings.

Thanks

Very slow to load (most will leave if no content within 7 secs) I suspect you have too much on home page, big files etc.

Your site has serious errors, you have 2 head and 2 body sections, you must have only one of each.

you are right... how did you find out??? :o :o :o i double checked it and you were right

what do you suggest to have a light site that appears in 7 seconds??? install ver. 3 or not? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: thankyou for hellping me dude :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by arash.najafi

you are right... how did you find out??? ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif i double checked it and you were right

what do you suggest to have a light site that appears in 7 seconds??? install ver. 3 or not? thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif thankyou for hellping me dude rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

I don't think that would help, osC 2.2 can do it fine, but if you add too much & don't manage your file sizes things get too big & slow.

Ie with this there have been many changes to the listing file, but each time the file size change is small, sometimes it goes down!!. You just have to be efficient with your code, the first project I ever did had to fit in a 8k memory space, now there's loads of memory, but its bad to use the MS method & bloat your code. wink.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Hi Sam

I hope you like it

Like it……………………We think it’s great

Could you please take a look at new_products.php line 29

$image = (!$grid && $column_list[0] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' ? '<br>' : '') . $link . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, ($addimages ? (tep_not_null($selected_image['images_description']) ? $selected_image['images_description'] : (tep_not_null($selected_image['products_image_description']) ? $selected_image['products_image_description'] : $products['products_name'])) : $products['products_name']), PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH, '') . '</a>' . '<br>';

This code is causing the images to be distorted.

My images are square but this code causes the images to display at 160px × 42px

I replace the line with this (from product_listing.php)

$image = (!$grid && $column_list[0] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' ? '<br />' : '') . ' <span class="ttip">' . $link . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, $alt_text, PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH, PRODUCT_IMAGE_HEIGHT)  . ($ttip ? tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, $alt_text, $ttip_width, '', 'class="large"') : '' ) . '</a></span>' . '<br />';

and now the images display correctly at 160px × 160px however I have lost the Alt text and title Text

Regards

Ken

and now the images display correctly at 160px × 160px however I have lost the Alt text and title Text

I bet you have a thunbnailer installed!!

anyway just add $alt_text = $products['products_name']; b4 that line to restore the text. smile.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Hi Sam

Thanks. The new products module is working fine now

I do have On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library installed. I have never had a problem with it before. I did notice from an earlier post that you recommend osCThumb without filename encryption.

At least we have a solution in case anyone else is using On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer

Regards

Ken

Hi Sam

Thanks. The new products module is working fine now

I do have On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library installed. I have never had a problem with it before. I did notice from an earlier post that you recommend osCThumb without filename encryption.

At least we have a solution in case anyone else is using On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer

Regards

Ken

Yes, I`ve seen that with that b4, the issue is the due to bugs in its code, if you only pass one size paramater (as you don't want your ratios distorted) with many image sizes it totally messes the calculation, hence your very odd output size. ohmy.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Hi all. Spooks, thank you for this great contribution,one of the best i´ve tried so far.

I have 2 questions, and i hope you could help me. I´ve installed the contrib and everything is working well. But i´m trying to add a quantity box to the

product info page, but all of the contribs i see, changes your contrib in the product listing page. Could you help me to figure this out ?

Then, i would like, if its possible, to change the quantity box for a dropdown box.

Thank´s in advance.

Keep up the good work.

Hi all. Spooks, thank you for this great contribution,one of the best i´ve tried so far.

I have 2 questions, and i hope you could help me. I´ve installed the contrib and everything is working well. But i´m trying to add a quantity box to the

product info page, but all of the contribs i see, changes your contrib in the product listing page. Could you help me to figure this out ?

Then, i would like, if its possible, to change the quantity box for a dropdown box.

Please don't ask unrelated questions in existing threads (hijacking), its rude. huh.gif

In any case you need to look first better, see my list of contribs!!! wink.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Please don't ask unrelated questions in existing threads (hijacking), its rude. huh.gif

In any case you need to look first better, see my list of contribs!!! wink.gif

Sorry, if i shouldn´t ask those questions in this thread.

I allready tried one of your contributions " Product Quantity Drop Down Box in Product Info V1.1" but i couldnt make it work because the changes that were made in application_top, while installing "Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings". I don´t know too much of php. Sorry for my english.

In catalog/includes/application_top.php

Around Line 364 Find:

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+1, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

Replace With:

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'])) + (int)$HTTP_POST_VARS['quantity'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

This code was changed, and i dont know what to do.

I hope you understand why i´m asking in this thread. If you cant help me, at least point me a way, please. I´m stuck.

Thanks

Edited by inforgm

Sam

Contributions:

Hi

Sorry to post here, but I'm a newbee on this forum and my english is very too bad, and I try to install this Add-Ons. But when I extract zip file, a password is needed on few files... I don't saw how to do.... Please help me !

Moderator be tolerant please ;-)

Thanks

Enge

Hi

Sorry to post here, but I'm a newbee on this forum and my english is very too bad, and I try to install this Add-Ons. But when I extract zip file, a password is needed on few files... I don't saw how to do.... Please help me !

Moderator be tolerant please ;-)

Thanks

Enge

file is not protected, could be a windows error, download again & maybe try using ultimate zip to open. smile.gif

Sam

Contributions:

file is not protected, could be a windows error, download again & maybe try using ultimate zip to open. smile.gif

I had to create a different folder... my winzip didn't like the long folder names. Then I was able to unzip the file. Hope this helps you

No css styles

go over the install again & complete all stages fully.

the default is centered. wink.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Hi Andrew

I had the same problem.

It is caused by the descriptions which wrap onto two lines.

The solution is to go to Admin - Product Listings and increase the Product Listing Name Vertical Space

Hope this helps

Ken

how to change quantity box to a dropdown box, in product listing. Is it possible ?

This will be an option on the next release, but for now;

replace:

if (PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY_BOX == 'true' && strstr(LISTING_BUTTON, 'buy now')) { 
    if (tep_has_product_attributes($products_id) && PRODUCT_LIST_OPTIONS != 'true') return false; else return '<table  cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td class="quantity" >' . QUANTITY . tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity' . ($multi_add ? '[]' : '') , ($multi_add ? '0' : '1') , 'maxlength="5" size="2" id="qid'.$products_id.'"') . ($multi_add ? tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products_id) : '') . '</td><td><a href="javascript:changeValue(document.getElementById(\'qid'.$products_id.'\'),1);">' . tep_image_button('btn_up.gif',MORE) . '</a><br><a href="javascript:changeValue(document.getElementById(\'qid'.$products_id.'\'),-1);">' . tep_image_button('btn_down.gif',LESS) . '</a></td></tr></table>';
        } else { return false; }

with:

if (PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY_BOX == 'true' && strstr(LISTING_BUTTON, 'buy now')) { 
    if (tep_has_product_attributes($products_id) && PRODUCT_LIST_OPTIONS != 'true') return false; else 
    	$qty_array = array(); $pstock = min(tep_get_products_stock($products_id),MAX_QTY_IN_CART);
   	 for ($i=0; $i<=$pstock; $i++) { $qty_array[]=array('id' => $i, 'text' => $i); }
    	return ($pstock ? QUANTITY . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cart_quantity'.($multi_add ? '[]' : ''),$qty_array,($multi_add ? 0 : 1)) : '') . ($multi_add ? tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products_id) : '');
    } else { return false; }

Not fully tested, so I hope it all works. smile.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Hi,

I tried a fresh install (price is centered now), but not all of the item text is being centered

Capture%7E0.PNG

the left hand side ones on here are not centered.

On my homepage where it shows 'all' new products, the 3 latest items I created, the text is aligned to the left (price is centered)