• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

Someone asked elsewhere about an issue with the add to cart button, that if the product has atributes, but atributes are not included in the listing the add to cart will put the product strait into the cart (without atributes) instead of going to product_info.php

This issue is due to an oversight on my part when adding the atribute option, sorry. blush.gif

To Fix, in application_top.php find:

// customer adds a product from the products page
	case 'add_product' :	if (isset($_POST['products_id']) && is_numeric($_POST['products_id'])) {

add after:

if (tep_has_product_attributes($_POST['products_id']) && PRODUCT_LIST_OPTIONS != 'true') tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $_POST['products_id']));

OOOps, I forget to check there the refering page, instead of the above, the code addition should be:

if (tep_has_product_attributes($_POST['products_id']) && PRODUCT_LIST_OPTIONS != 'true' && basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO) tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $_POST['products_id']));

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

CREATED NEW PAGE!!!!!

When u add a new page u must edit its language file as per changes to others using same module, ie make the same changes as for includes/languages/english/advanced_search.php

I've spent so much time looking in the wrong place I couldn't see the wood for the trees, cheers Spooks

OOOps, I forget to check there the refering page, instead of the above, the code addition should be:

if (tep_has_product_attributes($_POST['products_id']) && PRODUCT_LIST_OPTIONS != 'true' && basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO) tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $_POST['products_id']));

Thanks, it's works perfect.

/Aliwin

Have downloaded "Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings" and I'm very happy to have found it. Thanks a lot Spooks, your the star.

After your help, thanks, product_listing.php now works perfect.

Regarding:

A. products_new.php and new_products.php

1. I can't get them to show "manufacturers name" for each product.

2. Regarding prices: I would like them to act like product_listing.php regarding "old_price" and "special_price", which means that if there's a special price it will also show up, otherwise leave it empty

3. Have discovered that if one has a "top category" containing several subcategories which also contains subcategories, no new products will show when clicking on the "top category". See example below

Example:

Top category 1:

+ TEAMSPORTS (66 is catnr in db)

subcat 1 in TopC 1:

+ Soccer (66_39 is catnr in db)

> Shoes (66_39_78 is catnr in db)

> Protectors (66_39_79 is catnr in db)

> Misc. (66_39_80 is catnr in db)

subcat 2 in TopC 1:

+ Icehockey (66_45 is catnr in db)

> Skates (66_45_76 is catnr in db)

> Protectors

> Gloves

> Misc.

Top category 2:

+ WINTERSPORTS

subcat 1 in TopC 2:

+ Downhill

> Skies

> Shoes

Maybe one has to change some code elsewhere to get it to work due to wishes?

The ultimate would be to present new products in a cluster for each subcategory.

In this case for Top category 1: cluster a= "New products - Soccer", cluster b = "New products - Icehockey", each containing a range of randomly selected new products. In each "cluster header" there would be a click option like "See all". When clicking on that option it could link to like, product_listing.php and show all new products within the choosed cluster.

In admin set the range of how many products to view

I hope to be helped and have a testshop, not ready to go live yet, but...

here's the address LINK TO TESTSITE

Don't hesitate to ask for explanations if you have any questions

/Aliwin

I have had this contribution installed for a while now and it was working fine in the thumbnails in grid mode which is what I prefer. However, now that I have added the simple multi image contribution I need to have it set to list as my images are huge in the grids where before they were small thumbnails. I checked the image source in each mode and found that in list mode I see this before the image source: /product_thumb.php?img= and in grid mode, that is not there, so it is just pulling the full image directly.

Is there somewhere in the coding where I can change it so the grid mode will work so they will be small thumbnails?

Thanks

I have had this contribution installed for a while now and it was working fine in the thumbnails in grid mode which is what I prefer. However, now that I have added the simple multi image contribution I need to have it set to list as my images are huge in the grids where before they were small thumbnails. I checked the image source in each mode and found that in list mode I see this before the image source: /product_thumb.php?img= and in grid mode, that is not there, so it is just pulling the full image directly.

Is there somewhere in the coding where I can change it so the grid mode will work so they will be small thumbnails?

Thanks

It sound like an issue with your thumbnailer, which contrib are u using.

PS simple multi image does nothing with the listing, so its not that.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

It sound like an issue with your thumbnailer, which contrib are u using.

PS simple multi image does nothing with the listing, so its not that.

Hi Sam,

I am not sure which thumbnail contrib I installed as it has been so long now, but I will try to go through my old notes as I believe I still have them after we moved, I hope. Is there any way to check in the coding to tell which one I have installed that way?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Sam,

I am not sure which thumbnail contrib I installed as it has been so long now, but I will try to go through my old notes as I believe I still have them after we moved, I hope. Is there any way to check in the coding to tell which one I have installed that way?

Thanks for your help.

Thinking about it I suspect you have On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library as that has product_thumb.php, thats another thumbnailer that failed to work allways when I last tested them, the only one I recomend is osCThumb, but without its filename encryption option. smile.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Thinking about it I suspect you have On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library as that has product_thumb.php, thats another thumbnailer that failed to work allways when I last tested them, the only one I recomend is osCThumb, but without its filename encryption option. smile.gif

I believe you are right On the Fly, sounds like it. I will work on changing this later today when I have a block of time to devote to it. I will post back my results.

Thank you for your help and all your contributions. They are Great!!!!

I believe you are right On the Fly, sounds like it. I will work on changing this later today when I have a block of time to devote to it. I will post back my results.

Thank you for your help and all your contributions. They are Great!!!!

I was just wondering if you thought that this thumbnail issue might have anything to do with another problem I am having which I have been ripping my hair out to try to find the solution. I cannot for the life of me get the ajax attribute manager contrib elements to show anymore on my product page in admin, so I cannot add or change any of the attributes there now. Do you think this thumbnail contribution issue is related??

I was just wondering if you thought that this thumbnail issue might have anything to do with another problem I am having which I have been ripping my hair out to try to find the solution. I cannot for the life of me get the ajax attribute manager contrib elements to show anymore on my product page in admin, so I cannot add or change any of the attributes there now. Do you think this thumbnail contribution issue is related??

I'm afraid I don't know those well enough to say, but I would have though it unlikely, its most likely changes at the start of the file r causing your issues though.

Sam

Contributions:

hi Spooks, I love your Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails etc... v1.85 been using for close to a year. I would like to be able use it in combination with Multiple Products ( add multiple products to cart simultaneously ). Multiple products changes the layout from grid back to list --- would you have any helpful tips or advice how I can get the two contributions to work together?

thanks liz

hi Spooks, I love your Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails etc... v1.85 been using for close to a year. I would like to be able use it in combination with Multiple Products ( add multiple products to cart simultaneously ). Multiple products changes the layout from grid back to list --- would you have any helpful tips or advice how I can get the two contributions to work together?

thanks liz

I'll look at adding it as an option in a future release, its not straitforward as a number of things need to be altered. smile.gif

Sam

Contributions:

i am having trouble after adding the listing enhancement.

http://www.dondrummstudios.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=19_33

There aren't any images showing up. With the standard product_listing.php images showed up. It's also not on the product_info page, but in the cart if you add something. I have images set in admin

Display Product Image 1

Display Product Manufaturer Name 0

Display Product Model 0

Display Product Name 2

Display Product Price 3

Display Product Quantity 0

Display Product Weight 0

Display Buy Now column 4

Display Product Options true

Display Category/Manufacturer Filter (0=disable; 1=enable) 1

Display a Quantity Input Box false

Location of Prev/Next Navigation Bar (1-top, 2-bottom, 3-both) 2

Product Listing Style thumbnails in grid

Product Listing Manufacturers Description false

Product Listing Short Description false

Product Listing Image Width 140

Product Listing Image Height.

Product Listing Box Width 200

Product Listing Box Height 180

Product Listing Image Vertical Space 100

Product Listing Name Vertical Space 25

Product Listing Price Size 3

Product Listing Per Row 5

Product Listing Buy Now / Details Button details

Product Listing Headings true

Product Listing Style Switch true

Display Product Image

I tried adding a new image and it didn't work. In the admin, when looking at the list of products, even products with an image say IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST. If I click on it to edit, I can see an image listed and if I submit I can see the image in the preview. Then it appears when in cart. Just not in the listings.

Any ideas or somewhere to point me? I've been working on this for 2 days and the client is getting pretty upset.

no images showing

i asume you found your problem, I just visited & all was fine (IE7) smile.gif

Sam

Contributions:

I have not been able to figure this out. I installed another contribution and now my images in the "grid" mode are all coming up as the full image size, but they are the thumbnail size in "List" mode. I am not sure where this information is pulled from so I am at a lost as to where to look. I have to keep it set to List mode, but I set it to Grid mode and saved it here: My link -Grid View and here is the page when I have it set to "list" mode: My link -list view

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have used this contribution for a while and it's great.

I do also use the appended new_product.php and products_new.php.

Regarding products_new.php;

1. If a product has a special price I would like it also to be viewed along with the original price(like in products_listing.php).

Regarding new_products.php

1. If a product has a special price I would like it also to be viewed along with the original price(like in products_listing.php).

2. I would like to show the manufacturers name on every product(like in products_listing.php).

I have tried to change the code, but with no success

Greatful for some help

Aliwin

I have used this contribution for a while and it's great.

I do also use the appended new_product.php and products_new.php.

Regarding products_new.php;

Regarding new_products.php

2. I would like to show the manufacturers name on every product(like in products_listing.php).

I have tried to change the code, but with no success

Greatful for some help

Aliwin

1. As I have said b4, as this is illegal in many countries it will not be added, where are u from, how come its not illegal there, is there no consumer protection?

2. If you look in the listing code there is a function:

function tep_get_manufacturer_name($manufacturer_id) {
  	$manufacturers_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$manufacturer_id . "'");
	$manufacturer = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_query);

return $manufacturer['manufacturers_name'];
	}

you could add code around that in the other files. smile.gif

Sam

Contributions:

I have not been able to figure this out. I installed another contribution and now my images in the "grid" mode are all coming up as the full image size, but they are the thumbnail size in "List" mode. I am not sure where this information is pulled from so I am at a lost as to where to look. I have to keep it set to List mode, but I set it to Grid mode and saved it here: My link -Grid View and here is the page when I have it set to "list" mode: My link -list view

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Do u have the latest version?, there was a bug thats been fixed re image size. wink.gif

Sam

Contributions:

1. As I have said b4, as this is illegal in many countries it will not be added, where are u from, how come its not illegal there, is there no consumer protection?

2. If you look in the listing code there is a function:

function tep_get_manufacturer_name($manufacturer_id) {
  	$manufacturers_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$manufacturer_id . "'");
	$manufacturer = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_query);

return $manufacturer['manufacturers_name'];
	}

you could add code around that in the other files. smile.gif

spooks

Regarding #1.

I'm not sure I'm following you, do you mean that it's illegal, in many countries, to show the "Before price" and "Now price" together on a label/tag

Aliwin

spooks

Regarding #1.

I'm not sure I'm following you, do you mean that it's illegal, in many countries, to show the "Before price" and "Now price" together on a label/tag

Aliwin

What the law says is that a new product cannot have a discounted or secial price as to have one is clearly mearly a con to make the consumer believe they are getting a special deal, when, since its a new product, that special price must be really the true price.

You must sell the product at a higher price for a minimum period, b4 you can offer a discount, by which time its no longer a new product.

Sam

Contributions:

Was there ever interest in adding the review stars in the product listings? I really want my store to be customer rating oriented with just the simple star rating on the product listings and then the full review stuff in the full product page. I'm using an add on that adds the review info into the product details page but I have yet to find how to add just the star rating on product lists. I just need it to display stars if ratings exist or just say not yet rated or something if no ratings exist.

What the law says is that a new product cannot have a discounted or secial price as to have one is clearly mearly a con to make the consumer believe they are getting a special deal, when, since its a new product, that special price must be really the true price.

You must sell the product at a higher price for a minimum period, b4 you can offer a discount, by which time its no longer a new product.

I've checked with a Swedish consumers adviser and the law says that "after 1 sold pc at original price, the seller are allowed to set a discounted or special price even if the seller consider the product as new." He also said that it was impossible to control that the law was complied.

Aliwin

I've checked with a Swedish consumers adviser and the law says that "after 1 sold pc at original price, the seller are allowed to set a discounted or special price even if the seller consider the product as new." He also said that it was impossible to control that the law was complied.

Aliwin

Thats bad for consumers in Sweden then!, in the UK the minimum period is 30 days & it don't matter how many you sell plus trading standards do check & prosecute. smile.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Hey Spooks! Great contribution! How do you change the Results/Page?

Right now, the drop down displays results in 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160, 180 & Show All.

What if you wanted to only display items in different intervals (i.e. 12, 24, 36, etc.)

I've searched this topic and can't seem to find a solution.

I've also been having issues with the spacing around the product listing table. I've checked the css and classes/boxes.php and changed the cellspacing/padding to 0 and still now luck.

Here's a snapshot to give you a better idea.

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af138/thisisbolo/Picture4.jpg

Thanks!