• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

Then u must fix your site, there is nothing that can be done that will do thatt!!

Use the 'show source' option @ w3c & with the comments its easier to find errors.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Then u must fix your site, there is nothing that can be done that will do thatt!!

Use the 'show source' option @ w3c & with the comments its easier to find errors.

okz

thanks alot

you have done great help already

i'll try to fix it myself.

bye :blush: :rolleyes:

Awesome mod, thank you very much! Just started working on a clients site, and this does a lot of what they had asked for out of the box.

However :-)

I see in version 1.85, you state that "if the products price or products stock are zero the buy now button is removed, a details button will be shown if thats set in admin (ie set for buy now & details)."

My problem is that my client has no prices setup for certain products. (All prices zero, the price is strictly in the options attributes, size in this case).

Might there be a simple way to force display of the buy now/add to cart button even if the base price is zero? Or would you recommend I download the older version & just use that?

Thanks!

Perhaps I should make it an option, 2 changes should sort you

line 157

if ($listing['products_price'] == 0) $button = (strstr(LISTING_BUTTON, 'details') ? '<br /><span class="buy_now"> </span>'. $link . tep_image_button('button_details_small.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_DETAILS) . '</a> <br /><br />' : '');

delete

line 337

if ($products['products_price'] == 0) $button = (strstr(LISTING_BUTTON, 'details') ? '<br /><span class="buy_now"> </span>'. $link . tep_image_button('button_details_small.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_DETAILS, 'class="thm_buy_now"') . '</a> <br />' : '');

delete

that should be it.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

that should be it.

And it did.

I thank you profusely! Beautiful! You saved me many hours of learning more than I really wanted to know about oscommerce.

If I could ask one more thing. Any idea why it might only add 1 item to the cart regardless of the quantity entered in the quantity box?

THANK YOU!

Edited by southcomputers

why it might only add 1 item to the cart regardless of the quantity entered in the quantity box?

Because you failed to complete the install!!

application top edits!!

Sam

Contributions:

Because you failed to complete the install!!

application top edits!!

Duh!

Didn't realize there were more instructions in the text file, thought it was a revision history, hadn't looked below the versions.

Got it!

Thank you once again!

Awesome!

Edited by southcomputers

how to set thumb image height?

Product Listing Image Height in admin if u have the latest release!!

Sam

Contributions:

first, it looks like you have failed to complete the install, did u upload all the new files??

1st page uses new_poducts module, 2nd uses product_listing module.

plse read instructions & look at settings.

Sam

Contributions:

hi spooks! thank you very much for this great contribution and work! was just what I wanted! very professional look all of a sudden!

Would like to however add a minor function to it to make it perfect for my use

function is adding a -- sort order: by date added(or date decending) -- in the drop down menu and as default sort order

also would like to add the "List View/Thumbnail view" function which is found at bottom of page to the top just below the pixel_trans.gif

wondering if these are possible functions

thank you for your help!

ken

I downloaded the file and it's requesting a password.

The files are not password protected, you may have a corrupted download, try again.

i prefer ulimatezip for compression, try that if u still have trouble

Sam

Contributions:

The files are not password protected, you may have a corrupted download, try again.

i prefer ulimatezip for compression, try that if u still have trouble

Sam the Man!!! Thank you. I love it!!!! The only thing I may need to adjust is making all of the boxes the same height without making the picture out of porportion. I will re-read your notes on this.

Do you have a contribution on how to remove the login page so customers can go stright to checkout?

Rainey :D

Do you have a contribution on how to remove the login page so customers can go stright to checkout?

There are contribs for that, I`ve not done any myself.

Sam

Contributions:

I'm not sure if this was somewhere earlier in the support thread b/c there was 50+ pages and I don't have time to read all of that. But I downloaded the add on and viewed the screen shots and it looks pretty close to what I want.

I would just like to know if you can remove the images completely. I don't need images for my products and it actually is better not to have them so I can display more products per page.

Thanks in advance for your help.

There are contribs for that, I`ve not done any myself.

thanks spooks, I saw some but it requires replacing PHP files which makes me nervous. I've modified some of the files the want me to import.. I like your way. Adding code to existing PHP files.

can I remove the images completely.

Yes, this uses the standard osC admin controls plus some new ones, so set Display Product Image to 0 & they are gone.

Sam

Contributions:

Yes, this uses the standard osC admin controls plus some new ones, so set Display Product Image to 0 & they are gone.

I've run into an issue with the search feature. It seems that the search results are used with the product listing and therefore the heading title as well. Under normal usage, the HEADING_TITLE variable is displaying correctly the category, subcategory, etc, what ever I select, the HEADING_TITLE variable displays something. Problem is when I go to search for a product, the results are displayed but the Header at the top that that is presented in the results shows HEADING_TITLE. And rightfully so because the search result HEADING_TITLE does not have actual text that can be presented. I have all the correct text in the english files, but because this header is coded to look for HEADING_TITLE, it doesn't know what to put in there.

this search are is actually using the product listing as part of the results of the search and I can't figure out how to modify that without affecting the actual heading that is correctly displayed when browsing through categories.

to see what I'm talking about go here and then search for something, say Tee, or Tank, or raglan. The results will show you what I'm talking about.

http://www.rockstarmoms.com

nothing to do with this!! ie no HEADING_TITLE within module!!

product listing is a module, you need to look at the calling page & language file to find your error

Sam

Contributions:

nothing to do with this!! ie no HEADING_TITLE within module!!

product listing is a module, you need to look at the calling page & language file to find your error

except that heading, the wide header box, the dropdown sort was never was there until after I addded this module. I looked for the language file but to no avail. I'll keep checking but figured I'd throw it out there in case someone else came across this same issue.

That heading is there in the standard osC, that page is not modded by this contrib, only the module.

look in advanced_search.php language file.

Sam

Contributions:

That heading is there in the standard osC, that page is not modded by this contrib, only the module.

look in advanced_search.php language file.

I did, that file has a ton of if, else, case statements and in the html is the following..

require(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING);

that is what's making me believe its using the product listing to produce the output for the search results.

seems that all my product listing page files are using the heading from the product listing, not their own so when ever any product listing or output is used, its product_listing.php that is providing that heading.

for the heck of it I edited the language file advanced_search.php and added a define statement for HEADING_TITLE and the text but its not being used because the search results page doesn't really have a heading title, it relies on the results served up from the product listing page.

the advanced search page seems to be nothing but a bunch of sql select statements with filters, orders, sorts, etc but still needs some code to produce the output so it uses product_listing.php to do that.

its driving me nuts.

How does everyone else use the search feature with this product listing contribution and not have this problem in the header box?