• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

Its a IE issue only, caused by the javascript routine running b4 the page has been fully built, check in your page-header-inc.htc file you have

onLoad=DD_roundies.addRule('.infoBoxProducts', '20px');

, if you do look at adding additional delays

Hi Spooks.

I have just checked the fiel and that line is in there towards the end. You mentioned adding additional delays. I'm afraid i don't know what you mean by this or how to go about it.Please can you advise? Will this slow down page loads which i'm already finding quite slow??

Hi Spooks,

I am trying to incorporate this contribution (Ultimate SEO URLS 5) to your contribution.

Since I'm using your product listing I need to do a manual install for the above contribution.

The install instructions say...in product_listing.php...

catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

5- Find ...

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

Replace with ...

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'products_id')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

I can't seem to find that line in your file. How would I go about incorporating the above line to your contrib?

Thanks for all your help!

plse look 1st, asked & answered already, not required.wink.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Delay round borders

Will this slow down page loads which i'm already finding quite slow??

Use

onLoad=setTimeout(DD_roundies.addRule('.infoBoxProducts', '20px'), 2000);

that will add a delay of 2000 mSecs, it will not effect page load, only when borders are made round. smile.gif

Look in tips for site speed otimising, ie turn off category counts. wink.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

the limit for that field type is 65,535 bytes, does that make any difference!! blink.gif

Well the reason I was asking was that I was hoping to put a long manufacturers description on the manufacturers page that's separate from the product descriptions.

http://demo.oscommerce.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=2

For instance in the demo setup here there would be a long description of Microsoft itself instead of a short 'Let's See What We Have Here' or some other one sentence description before customers click on any of the specific products. I haven't come across any contribution that does this so I was wondering if your contribution can be edited to allow for that. Either way, as I said before, this is a great contribution and a big upgrade over the stock setup.

Well the reason I was asking was that I was hoping to put a long manufacturers description on the manufacturers page that's separate from the product descriptions.

http://demo.oscommer...ufacturers_id=2

For instance in the demo setup here there would be a long description of Microsoft itself instead of a short 'Let's See What We Have Here' or some other one sentence description before customers click on any of the specific products. I haven't come across any contribution that does this so I was wondering if your contribution can be edited to allow for that. Either way, as I said before, this is a great contribution and a big upgrade over the stock setup.

Well, as I said, just increase the limits for the field & you can have it as big as you wish.

Sam

Contributions:

Before I burn any more braincells, can you please confirm the way things SHOULD work!

I have some products listed in Specials and the prices display correctly on the 'Product List', 'Product Info' , 'New Products' pages and 'Specials' box, i.e. with both the normal price with strikethrough, plus the new special price. However, on the 'New Products for (month)' list, only the normal price is displayed (I think the vanilla version does this as well).

Since this could be confusing, I need to be able to display the Specials price on this first page to be displayed.

I've had no success with my efforts to tweak new_products.php - any suggestions or pointers to what I should look at would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

can u help break the law!!

However, on the 'New Products for (month)' list, only the normal price is displayed (I think the vanilla version does this as well).

Since this could be confusing, I need to be able to display the Specials price on this first page to be displayed.

I've had no success with my efforts to tweak new_products.php - any suggestions or pointers to what I should look at would be appreciated.

special price on new products is illegal ohmy.gif , read the doc rolleyes.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Delay round borders

Use

onLoad=setTimeout(DD_roundies.addRule('.infoBoxProducts', '20px'), 2000);

that will add a delay of 2000 mSecs, it will not effect page load, only when borders are made round. smile.gif

Look in tips for site speed otimising, ie turn off category counts. wink.gif

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick. I will keep an eye on it as it was only an occasional problem anyway.

RE: Optimising, i have already turned off cat counts in admin and have had a read though some of the forum topics but there doesn't seem to be much of an idiots step by step guide, it is all rather technical.

Thanks Spooks - cracking support on the contribution once again!

I am looking for a contribution that will allow for multiple columns in the product listings.

It will do that, all details are in the doc, ie:

Features

• Products in columns with thumbnails in a distributed display or a strict grid mode, you can set how many columns in admin.
  • Products in a variety of list modes including a block mode (like new products display) where you control whats in what column.
  • Rounded Borders: Product thumbnails can have rounded borders.
  • Manufacturer: The option of manufacturer headings and if wished a manufacturer short description.
  • Drop down boxes for display sorting.
  • Drop down boxes to set number of products to show per page.
  • Listing mode switch, allows your visitors to switch between two modes.
  • Quantity input boxes with incremental buttons.
  • Drop Down Quantity Box: Option of a drop down for the quantity box instead of a input box.
  • Checkboxes: Option to show a checkbox field in place of other quantity boxes, will only show for multi add to cart.
  • A multi buy option (with attribute support) to allow visitors to purchase multiple products from the listing in mutliple quantities at once.
  • Global Headings: List mode global headings, you can have the product name & price on its own line above all other fields.
  • Tool tip images: Product images can have a tool tip mouseover zoom.
  • Tool tip info boxs: Any text field can have tool tip info box (set in your language file).
  • Set Column Contents: Set contents of center & rightmost columns in any list block mode.
  • Product attributes (options) can be included in the listing.
  • Review Rating: The option of showing the products average review rating within the listing.
  • Product Description: A truncated version of the product description can be included, you set how big.
  • A short decription can be included if you add the Short Description add-on (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3123)
  • Supports Additional Images (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1032)
  • Supports Easy Graphic Borders if you want pretty borders(http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1702)
  • Supports Products Extra Fields (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2202)
  • Supports SaleMaker (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1340)
  • CSS control of most aspects of any element displayed.
  • Control over the inclusion of category paths in product links.
  • Control of heading displays.

Sam

Contributions:

Thanks for your reply - I have installed it and am working out some display bugs.

Can you please visit http://paintballwarehouseny.com/index.php?cPath=149 and tell me why Dye Elbow Pads: Olive Camo doesn't have a Buy It now button while all of the others do? I have noticed this on some of the other pages too

And also, I have tried to set the cart to show both buy it now and details buttons but only buy it now shows up.

Can the spacing between the top of the boxes and the name of the item, and between the name of the item, the price, and the quantity box be reduced so the items take less space on the page?

The buy it now buttons don't line up evenly within the boxes - is there any way to fix this so they are even?

AND - I tried to turn on zoom on hover and it adds an enlargement in box next to the thumbnail (think I missed something on the install on that one)

Sure I will have other questions but these are the immediate ones.

Thanks for the contribution - it really seems to answer a lot of my needs

Sue

Design by Sue

Thanks for the contribution -

Please read through the doc.

Yes you have not completed the install!!

ie button uploads, tool tip edits, includes etc

as I said complete the install, read the doc, then come back if you still have trouble. wink.gif

oh & it says in the doc when the buy button is not displayed.

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

hmmm, so I can go ahead and install that contribution without making the changes on the products_listing.php?

Hey Spooks! Can I go ahead and install that contribution without making the changes on the products_listing.php and it'll still work with the SEO 5 contribution?

Edited by thisisbolo

Ultimate SEO 5

Hey Spooks! Can I go ahead and install that contribution without making the changes on the products_listing.php and it'll still work with the SEO 5 contribution?

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/307010-product-listing-enhancements-thumbnails-manufacturer-headings/page__view__findpost__p__1474933

Sam

Contributions:

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick. I will keep an eye on it as it was only an occasional problem anyway.

RE: Optimising, i have already turned off cat counts in admin and have had a read though some of the forum topics but there doesn't seem to be much of an idiots step by step guide, it is all rather technical.

Thanks Spooks - cracking support on the contribution once again!

Oh dear. I was wrong, it isn't doing thew trick at all. I'm getting a lot of boxes not showing across the site this morning and i have now spotted an error showing in the bottom left of the IE window saying:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Tablet PC 2.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; Media Center PC 6.0; AskTB5.6)

Timestamp: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:40:46 UTC

Line: 65

Char: 3

Code: 0

URI: http://www.orchardstables.co.uk/

Having looked at the page source line 65 is:

onload=setTimeout(DD_roundies.addRule('.infoBoxProducts', '20px'), 2000);

... which is the line i added to try to fix the boxes problem. Any idead why this might be happening??

Any help gratefully received.

Matt

Sorry I misunderstood the directions - I thought the heavy dashed lines were optional - please tell me where the manufacturers.php is referred to here:

2. If you edit a manufacturer in admin without changing the picture, the image will be deleted from the database.

to fix, in manufacturers.php find near 40

Thanks

Sue

Its that b... bill at it again!!

Its yet another ie8 issue.

change the code to:

window.onLoad=DD_roundies.addRule('.infoBoxProducts', '20px');

then edit your index.php & advanced search results.php & any others that call the listing:

immediatly after the

<head>

add:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />

you should note that following this change your ie8 will render the page much quicker.

Sam

Contributions:

Osc Bug fixes

Sorry I misunderstood the directions - I thought the heavy dashed lines were optional - please tell me where the manufacturers.php is referred to here:

2. If you edit a manufacturer in admin without changing the picture, the image will be deleted from the database.

to fix, in manufacturers.php find near 40

Thanks

Sue

The osC bug fixes arwe optional, only do them if you have the issue detailed.

that refers to the file in admin, but thats not the part of the install u missed that i was refering too. wink.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Please read through the doc.

Yes you have not completed the install!!

ie button uploads, tool tip edits, includes etc

as I said complete the install, read the doc, then come back if you still have trouble. wink.gif

oh & it says in the doc when the buy button is not displayed.

OK - I went over it again and think I got everything (as stated before, I misread the instructions - sorry - and I did find the admin manufacturers.php)

It is looking much better now but I still have the following questions

1. Can the spacing between the top of the boxes and the name of the item, and between the name of the item, the price, and the quantity box be reduced so the items take less space on the page?

2. I have the hover turned on and the hover on the columns to the left are appearing under the image for the item to it's right. How can the enlargement be displayed on top of the item instead of underneath it. see http://paintballwarehouseny.com/index.php?cPath=149 and hover over one of the items in the right column.

Again, I thank you for the contribution!!!

Sue

OK - I went over it again and think I got everything (as stated before, I misread the instructions - sorry - and I did find the admin manufacturers.php)

It is looking much better now but I still have the following questions

1. Can the spacing between the top of the boxes and the name of the item, and between the name of the item, the price, and the quantity box be reduced so the items take less space on the page?

2. I have the hover turned on and the hover on the columns to the left are appearing under the image for the item to it's right. How can the enlargement be displayed on top of the item instead of underneath it. see http://paintballware...x.php?cPath=149 and hover over one of the items in the right column.

Again, I thank you for the contribution!!!

Sue

in grid mode, you can start the thumb content stuck to the border by removing the <br /> in the line

$border = (!$grid ? '<div class="infoBoxProducts" style=" width:'.PRODUCT_LIST_WIDTH.'px; height:'.PRODUCT_LIST_HEIGHT.'px;" >' : '<br />');

if u really like it that squashed, for the rest, most are adjusted with the css, use standard tools, see the doc

2. Its another ie8 issue, to obtain a consistant look across the ie browsers:

edit your index.php & advanced search results.php & any others that call the listing:

immediatly after the

<head>

add:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />

You probably want to add the hover.htc, see the install doc for hover effects.

Sam

Contributions:

Where is this line: (sorry but my search is not finding it)

$border = (!$grid ? '<div class="infoBoxProducts" style=" width:'.PRODUCT_LIST_WIDTH.'px; height:'.PRODUCT_LIST_HEIGHT.'px;" >' : '<br />');

Hover working much better now (I had the csshover.htc installed but the name of the downloaded file was csshover3.htc (so I changed it to csshover.htc) - hopefully that was the correct thing to do)

Where is this line: (sorry but my search is not finding it)

Hover working much better now (I had the csshover.htc installed but the name of the downloaded file was csshover3.htc (so I changed it to csshover.htc) - hopefully that was the correct thing to do)

ITS IN THE product listing.php file, edits are nearly always there.

if u have csshover.htc then u forgot the edit to your body tag.

Sam

Contributions: