• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

date limiting function

As detailed, both those files have a date limiting function, perhaps you want your new products older than 60 days?

function is commented in the files.

Thanks Spooks,

Resolved, that was exactly the problem and now works fine. The New_product works with version 2.6 but Product_New only version 2.5 because a 2.6 is very large and takes the box to the right column down, but version 2.5 is good, what is best in Product_News 2.6?

AH! The New_Product can work with random system?

Thank you very much

Shazam

São Paulo - Brasil

Bug in Product_New.php

because a 2.6 is very large and takes the box to the right column down,

Ah, you found the bug!! blush.gif

near the bottom, on its own, find:

</table></td>

</tr>

and delete.

Yes you could modify the sort order to however you like.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Hi

I have converted products_new.php from Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings V2.6 to work with Specials.

See it here

www.came(remove-this)racentre.co.uk/specials.php

If you wish to try it the code is here

www.came(remove-this)racentre.co.uk/test.php

I do hope someone can get the sort order working.

Sam

Feel free to add this to the contribution if you wish. But it would be improved if the expiry date were added. And the sort was working.

Regards

Ken

Bug in Product_New.php

Ah, you found the bug!! blush.gif

near the bottom, on its own, find:

</table></td>

</tr>

and delete.

Yes you could modify the sort order to however you like.

Hi

Unfortunately it did not work with random products. I tried several ways to let new_products randomized but did not accept any, even the modules downloaded from osCommerce or changing the lines of "date_added" for rand, or so it worked.

So just give to use Product_listing and Product_new because in New_product can not be the same products every time you open the store.

Regards

Shazam

São Paulo - Brasil

There is a thread here on setting the products order.

PS If you don't give code u try cant say why it don't work. wink.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Hello Sam!

I have a question, how can I erase "Sort Order:" It is not working correctly on my website and I prefer to erase it. The other day you were trying to help me but I couldn't find the problem.

You can see my website here: http://angelseductions.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=31

Thank you for your help!! :thumbsup:

Hello Sam!

I have a question, how can I erase "Sort Order:" It is not working correctly on my website and I prefer to erase it. The other day you were trying to help me but I couldn't find the problem.

You can see my website here: http://angelseductio...ex.php?cPath=31

Thank you for your help!! thumbsup.gif

Your issue is because you have failed to complete the install. But if youy wish to remove the drop its stated in the doc how.

edit the file:

$no_drop = false; set to true to remove resuls/page & sort order drop downs
Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

Your issue is because you have failed to complete the install. But if youy wish to remove the drop its stated in the doc how.

edit the file:

I wanted to keep that part but it didn't work, as you said I tried to reinstall everything but I don't know why it didn't work... Thanks I'm going to do what you told me to do to remove the drop.

Thank you

http://www.atickmobi.../shop/index.php

sir in 2.6 do you have a included look like in my home page now. "whats new product"

the "list in blocks" mode the products without borders. we want to make the whole site with this type of listing .. or maybe i can just copy something and paste it in the other php file?

To get the display on your home page, select 'thumbnails in grid' mode and edit your css

Sam

Contributions:

There is a thread here on setting the products order.

PS If you don't give code u try cant say why it don't work. wink.gif

Hi,

Ok, I have read all the pages link you mentioned above but says nothing about my question, the discution is the Product_listing but for me this works very well, product_new also works very well here, see for yourself in my store: www.shazammagicas.com but you will see that I'm not using New_product of their contribution because I could not operate the random. For me not serves to have the order of names, dates, prices or weights because in New_product have to be random, look at my store in "home" click refresh and see the products, they change with each refresh, so it has to work, Check the following code that works in New_product original:

ORIGINAL:

$ new_products_query = tep_db_query ( "select p.products_id, p.products_id, p.products_tax_class_id, if (s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from". TABLE_PRODUCTS. "p left join". TABLE_SPECIALS. "s on p.products_id = s.products_id where products_status = '1 'order by p.products_date_added desc limit ". MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);

RANDOM ORDER:

$ new_products_query = tep_db_query ( "select p.products_id, p.products_id, p.products_tax_class_id, if (s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from". TABLE_PRODUCTS. "p left join". TABLE_SPECIALS. "s on p.products_id = s.products_id where products_status = '1 'order by rand () DESC limit ". MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);

But use your contribution "Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings V2.6" and its page New_products not accept this code or others who tried to use.

Regards

A happy new year to you and your family!

Shazam

São Paulo - Brasil

Hi Sam,

A question on tweaking your great contrib:

With V2.5, when a customer selects List or Thumbnail View, I want the displays to be List Block or Thumb Grid. I've been messing about for several hours now so can you put me out of my misery?? Presumably an inputted param somewhere in Modules/Product_listing.php?

Also I managed to 'lose' the optional display sort box, but no great prob there because it displayed an SQL fault which I couldn't resolve.

Finally, I notice that a previous contrib, Category Header, no longer displays - no great prob there either, I'll just have to work around it.

After all the above, does V2.6 provide better controls and will it upgrade or is it a complete new install?

Thanks a bunch and Happy New Year

Mike

New products module, setting random order

If make changes to files and your not sure what your doing, do it in little bits, as much less likely to fail than when you make big changes! wink.gif #

in the file the query ends

order by p.products_date_added desc

just change that to

order by rand() 

smile.gif

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

on installing 2.6 v do i just have to execute the sql file or i have to replace some php files i cant find any notes on upgrading ong intall. txt??

In the download and here and in the doc it says

UPGRADING

Upload the changed files & apply SQL upgrade file.

How many more times do you want it?? blink.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Finally, I notice that a previous contrib, Category Header, no longer displays - no great prob there either, I'll just have to work around it.

After all the above, does V2.6 provide better controls and will it upgrade or is it a complete new install?

Heading display is an admin setting, please read the doc.

upgrade instructions are provided with every update.

Sam

Contributions:

Hi,

I have version 2.4.5, what is the best way to upgrade? Do I use the 1.9 to 2.6 docs? I don't want to jump right in because I have a heavy modified cart and see that it says 2.6 is a complete rewrite.

Thank you for your suggestions,

No, it says the doc has been re-written, not the code.

Sam

Contributions:

sir can i display on categories the "show all" option.. and thumbnail view for all of your modes? example im using list in blocks.. so it will look good on the home page then when the customer open the categories its on "show all" and "thumbnail mode"(not list mode) so customers have a quick look.

Don't know how to apply an sql?

Perhaps the tips here will help:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=343384&st=0#entry1432157

PS Don`t use image shak, they have nasty popups

Sam

Contributions:

Heading display is an admin setting, please read the doc.

upgrade instructions are provided with every update.

Thanks Sam,

Yep, read the doc but this is a different header, an addin for Category Description which is displayed above Product Listing. Got there eventually by inserting code above script for 'function changeValue..'.

Did a 'clean' install of V2.6 so discovered that I had to add manufacturers_description field manually; previous version had it in product_listing_setup.php but not included in 'Install SQL V2.6.txt' listing. Minor problem.

Bit more confusing is the SQL error I get when selecting either Price sort order (both Name options are OK):

"1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 20' at line 1

select p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '76' order by final_price , pd. limit 0, 20"

You have provided the option to remove this option display so no great problem, but I cannot find where these lines are to try to change the syntax.

This forum must keep you as busy as coding your next contrib!!

Cheers & Happy New Year,

Mike

Thanks Sam,

Yep, read the doc but this is a different header, an addin for Category Description which is displayed above Product Listing. Got there eventually by inserting code above script for 'function changeValue..'.

Did a 'clean' install of V2.6 so discovered that I had to add manufacturers_description field manually; previous version had it in product_listing_setup.php but not included in 'Install SQL V2.6.txt' listing. Minor problem.

Bit more confusing is the SQL error I get when selecting either Price sort order (both Name options are OK):

"1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 20' at line 1

select p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '76' order by final_price , pd. limit 0, 20"

You have provided the option to remove this option display so no great problem, but I cannot find where these lines are to try to change the syntax.

This forum must keep you as busy as coding your next contrib!!

Cheers & Happy New Year,

Mike

The error is in your index.php file thats where the query is created, it would appear you have put order by final_price , pd instead of order by final_price

Sam

Contributions:

Hi Sam

I am trying to convert this contribution to make an ‘All Products’ listing.

I have everything working except the page links (Results/Page, Sort Order, Result Pages)

Clicking ‘page 2’ takes me to the index page.

Could you tell me where this is set please?

Thanks

Ken