• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

Hi, first of all thank you for the contribution.

I have a problem, after installation i receive this error:

Warning: Missing argument 3 for currencies::display_price(), called in /home/tweb/domains/giocoleria.eu/public_html/store/includes/modules/new_products.php on line 35 and defined in /home/tweb/domains/giocoleria.eu/public_html/store/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 72

And non prices are shown.

If I modify currencies.php the problem fixes but no prices are shown in new product and all product so I think there is to edit de function show_prices() in product listing.php can you help me please?

Modified currancy class makes code fail!!

Warning: Missing argument 3 for currencies::display_price(), called in /home/tweb/domains/giocoleria.eu/public_html/store/includes/modules/new_products.php on line 35 and defined in /home/tweb/domains/giocoleria.eu/public_html/store/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 72

And non prices are shown.

If I modify currencies.php the problem fixes but no prices are shown in new product and all product so I think there is to edit de function show_prices() in product listing.php can you help me please?

Thanks smile.gif

The class is being used in a standard manner & should be fine, argument 3 is optional, if its not for you its as you have modified the class, I suggest you revert so it works with standard code. wink.gif

PS in the class argument 3 should be $quantity = 1

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

A little tip, when your pasting in code from another page or section always examine the existing code first, as often variables change & ignoring that means failure ohmy.gif

in this case the data array is $products, but you are refering to $listing, since that is empty you get nothing!! wink.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me clean up these gaps in the product info listing, etc. I think this will make more room and look cleaner.

Here is an image of my product listing and the areas I am looking to adjust and have exhausted my ability to do so: Note I put red arrows for specific areas trying to adjust.

ProductInfoPage.gif

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me clean up these gaps in the product info listing, etc. I think this will make more room and look cleaner.

Here is an image of my product listing and the areas I am looking to adjust and have exhausted my ability to do so: Note I put red arrows for specific areas trying to adjust.

ProductInfoPage.gif

Have you tried playing with the values in admin, ie

Product Listing Box Width

Product Listing Box Height

Product Listing Name Vertical Space

Product Listing Image Vertical Space

Also most sections have css settings, play with those too, use standard tools. cool.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Hi, Sam

I got a MySQL Database Error Disclosure Vulnerability from Mcafee secure during the scan. it shows me the test query manufacturers_id=59sort=2amax=x';",)` on my site it will shows the sql query. Even I install the Security Pro Anti xx and other security contributions you method in other post, but it still not pass. Also under the response detail shows Content-Encoding: Gzip, Vary -Accept-Encoding. I really like this contribution, so do you have any idea how to fix it.

ken

thank you

Hi, Sam

I got a MySQL Database Error Disclosure Vulnerability from Mcafee secure during the scan. it shows me the test query manufacturers_id=59sort=2amax=x';",)` on my site it will shows the sql query. Even I install the Security Pro Anti xx and other security contributions you method in other post, but it still not pass. Also under the response detail shows Content-Encoding: Gzip, Vary -Accept-Encoding. I really like this contribution, so do you have any idea how to fix it.

ken

thank you

The strings you show are query string variables, not sql queries, therefore iether your error is invalid, or you have missinterpreted the result.

Provide a full & complete description if they can give anything further, otherwise ask Mcafee support for an ecplenation. wink.gif

PS your install of Security Pro appears to be faulty, as that will remove any (), put [w](o)%3Cr%3Ek|i*n^g into your search, if it don`t turn into a word u messed up blink.gif

I hate when people fail to do things properly, then jump to silly conclusions!! rolleyes.gif

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

Have you tried playing with the values in admin, ie

Product Listing Box Width

Product Listing Box Height

Product Listing Name Vertical Space

Product Listing Image Vertical Space

Also most sections have css settings, play with those too, use standard tools. cool.gif

Hi Spooks,

I actually did use each of the mentioned in Admin but for some reason I did not notice any changes at all. So I thought they were for something else.

Do you think I have something wrong that could be causing these particular admin fields not to work? All the other fields seem to be find just the adjustments don't work. :(

Hi Spooks,

I actually did use each of the mentioned in Admin but for some reason I did not notice any changes at all. So I thought they were for something else.

Do you think I have something wrong that could be causing these particular admin fields not to work? All the other fields seem to be find just the adjustments don't work. sad.gif

examine your generated source code & check the used values are there

Sam

Contributions:

Hi MR. Sam

i thought how nice it would be if there was a "#top" option in bottom of the "product_listing.php" page that user could click on it and go to top of page

i added code below but the /#top was added to the www.yoursite.com and not to the page adress i was there that was http://yoursite.com/index.php?cPath=11

<a href="#top"><span><font>Go Up!</font></span>

i add this at almost the end of product_listing.php in the line which begings with "if (LISTING_SWITCH != 'false' && !$empty_list) echo ........."

i know i should've used tep_href_link but i didn't know how :'( :'( :'( i know you give here lots of support, help me about this if you have time, if not never mind skip it! :thumbsup:

Edited by arash.najafi

wnat to add a anchor

i know i should've used tep_href_link but i didn't know how crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif i know you give here lots of support, help me about this if you have time, if not never mind skip it! thumbsup.gif

There are issues with anchors, probelms & fix detailed in this thread

Sam

Contributions:

Hi

Would like to know what the easiest way is to change the Buy Now button so it is a hyperlink i.e. just text with underscore instead of an image button?

Is this done in product_listing.php?

Many Thanks,

Tadman

ps. Great contribution btw ...

examine your generated source code & check the used values are there

Spooks, what is a used value?

Also I am thinking perhaps some of the areas won't adjust more because they are anchor points set for things like 'Instock' or Out of Stock' anchors, etc. Do you think this is the case?

Has anyone else effectively tightened up these areas?

easiest way is to change the Buy Now button so it is a hyperlink i.e. just text

not as easy as I initially though, it is in product_listing.php

the form is using the post method, so it must have a button, so just make a new button, but in the form of the text you want.

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

How do I change the 1 to 0 in the quantity box on Product Listing?

I think having the default as 1 may cause customers to think products are already selected for them for check out.

Thanks,

Charles

I doubt you customers are as stupid as you seem to think, customers naturally just click the add to cart to buy, they don't think of the quantity if they only want one, so you will get them cliking to buy 0, though with this that wont matter as my mod to app top sets minimum add qty to 1

look for

($multi_add ? '0' : '1')

in the code around 160 (appears twice), change the 1 to 0

Sam

Contributions:

I doubt you customers are as stupid as you seem to think, customers naturally just click the add to cart to buy, they don't think of the quantity if they only want one, so you will get them cliking to buy 0, though with this that wont matter as my mod to app top sets minimum add qty to 1

look for

($multi_add ? '0' : '1')

in the code around 160 (appears twice), change the 1 to 0

I hear what you are saying. People do surprise me though! Thanks for letting me know where to set it so I have that option.

Hi MR. Sam...

i have a site selling PC Main Boards

i would like have more fields for each products that are listing in product_listing.php of your suitable contribution. so please offer me a "extra field" add-on (based on DB) that is compatible with your contribution and those fields will be "USB Ports" "Chip set" "Slots" "Ram support" and the like (Main Boards specifications) and these fields will be shown is "list in Blocks" mode. if no add-on is normally compatible so please help me how can i have something as i explained...

i don't think you will accept such a cheap orders to php code them :blush: ... but however light me up what can i do :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by arash.najafi

Hi MR. Sam...

i have a site selling PC Main Boards

i would like have more fields for each products that are listing in product_listing.php of your suitable contribution. so please offer me an "extra field" add-on (based on DB) that is compatible with your contribution and those fields will be "USB Ports" "Chip set" "Slots" "Ram support" and the like (Main Boards specifications) and these fields will be shown is "list in Blocks" mode. if no add-on is normally compatible so please help me how can i have something as i explained...

i don't think you will accept such a cheap orders to php code them :blush: ... but however light me up what can i do :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

v2.1

Added support for products extra fields (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2202), see the doc. wink.gif

Sam

Contributions:

v2.1

Added support for products extra fields (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2202), see the doc. wink.gif

thankyou so much...

we have a support forum for OScommerce (in persian language) in our country Iran but millions of light-year should pass till someone reply my post... but here sometimes an hour... thankyou again :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hello (again!) ;)

I've got my grid set as thumbnails and it looks awesome with 9 products (3 on each row) BUT if there are an amount of products that isnt a multiple of 3... then the bottom set of images isn't laid out from left to right... it's sort of scattered across the page. (see image below for example)

screenshot2.jpg

Am I missing an option in the admin settings, or is there another way to configure this?

Hello (again!) wink.gif

I've got my grid set as thumbnails and it looks awesome with 9 products (3 on each row) BUT if there are an amount of products that isnt a multiple of 3... then the bottom set of images isn't laid out from left to right... it's sort of scattered across the page. (see image below for example)

screenshot2.jpg

Am I missing an option in the admin settings, or is there another way to configure this?

You have set to thumbnail mode, where the doc says it will evenly distibute the bottom row, if you want it all an a pure grid, you must select thumbnail in grid mode (in admin) its stated in the doc. wink.gif

Why do so many find it so hard to simpy read the doc that comes with a add-on, instead they guess at stuff & wonder why its not as they expect!! blink.gif

Sam

Contributions: