• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

2 points, please examine the code where u make your addition first, simply copy/paste rarely works as variables etc may change.

your using $lc_text but that section uses $text

also you need to make your addition b4 the

if (!$last) {$display .= $text . '<br />'; $text = '';}

as that sets whats in what column. wink.gif

I've got everything displaying now. Just got some minor issues and then its perfect:

1. I have a massive gap between the free shipping icon and the qty box and its even bigger in Internet Explorer (see first screen shot 1 and 2 below) how do reduce this gap?

2. In Internet Explorer there is a line seperating each product, but it doesn't show up in firefox. How do I get it to show in firefox.

3. In Internet Explorer the add to cart buttons are over the graphical boarders (see screen shot 2 below).

4. I would also like to put an Add qty to cart button in between the graphical boxes.

Firefox:

firefoxview.jpg

Internet Explorer:

prinie.jpg

Hi all,

I just did a quick search of this thread but can't see to find the answer anywhere.

Basically I had the MSRP (Display MSRP & Savings contrib) being displayed with my product listing, but since installing this cracking add-on... It's vanished and I can't seem to work out how to get it back again!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

When you make any posts regarding a add-on, especially an obscure one, its always best to either post the code you refer to, or a link to the specific contrib with version details, otherwise no-one will have much idea how to help!! wink.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Sorry wink.gif

The addon can be found here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3574

Just to give a bit of further info... I've analysed the installation file for that contribution and this one... and the only change I can see (that I haven't already taken account for is)...

10. In catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php find around line 110 the section that reads as follows:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
           $lc_align = 'right';
           if (tep_not_null($listing['specials_new_products_price'])) {
             $lc_text = ' <s>' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span> ';
           } else {
             $lc_text = ' ' . $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . ' ';
           }
           break;

and change it to read as follows:

$lc_align = 'right';
           if ($listing['products_msrp'] > $listing['products_price']) {
               $lc_text = ' <span class="oldPrice">' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_msrp'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '  ' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span> ';
             } else {
               $lc_text = ' <span class="oldPrice">' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_msrp'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>  ' . $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . ' ';
             }
           } else {
               $lc_text = ' <span class="oldPrice">' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span> ';
             } else {
               $lc_text = ' ' . $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . ' ';
             }            
           }
           break; 

But yet, when I've replaced this for the coding from Prodct Listing Enhancement contrib, the current product_listing.php still isn't including the MSRP! I'm very :huh: right now!

Edited by leelee2023

Remember the new file has many modes, for some the code looks nothing like the original.

What mode are you using the listing in?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

1. in the line

$text .= $form . $buytable . (PRODUCT_LIST_OPTIONS == 'true' ? '<div ' . ($last ? 'align="right"' : 'align="left"' ) . ' width="100%">' . attribute_drop($listing['products_id'],$listing['products_tax_class_id']) . '</div>' . $button : '
' . $button) . $buytableend;

The '<br />' . is not needed anymore

2. Its done with css, adjust it there

3. Its done with css, adjust it there

4. line 528, after

echo $border2end; 

add:

echo '<div class="multi_buy_now" id="gbutton2">' . $gbutton;

(no div close needed)

line 558:

if ($multi_add) { if ($global_add != 'top') echo '<div class="multi_buy_now" id="gbutton2">' . $gbutton; echo '</form>'; }

replace with:

if ($multi_add) { echo '</form>'; }

biggrin.gif

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

I'm using the Thumbnail listing option. I would have assumed that modifying that portion of code would then have made at least some modification to the display? If not, I really don't know where else to configure the code! crying.gif

You modified code used in a list mode, hence you saw no change.

In thumbnail modes, the price is done on line 440 --

$price = (function_exists(display_short_price)) ? $currencies->display_short_price($products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products['products_tax_class_id'])) : $currencies->display_price($products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products['products_tax_class_id']));  
if (tep_not_null($products['specials_new_products_price'])) {
        	$price = '<s>' .  $currencies->display_price($products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($products['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
       	} 

can you see how to mod that ?

Sam

Contributions:

Anyone know how to change or tighten the gaps all around the image box on Product Listing?

I am wanting to tighten the gaps between the:

1.) between image and above image

2.) between thumb title and price

3.) between price and quantity box

4.) between buttons (details/buy now) and bottom

I have successfully moved the buttons tighter to the quantity box in css but have exhausted all the others in all areas I can think of until my ears were turning red! :-"

Just found an error in my product listing, I am sure it is on my side.

In the sort order pull down it shows text in this fassion:

ProductNameALPHA_ORDER

PriceNum_Order

Product NameReverse_Alpha_Order

Etc.

Any idea where I created the error and where to fix?

Charles

Just found an error in my product listing, I am sure it is on my side.

In the sort order pull down it shows text in this fassion:

ProductNameALPHA_ORDER

PriceNum_Order

Product NameReverse_Alpha_Order

Etc.

Any idea where I created the error and where to fix?

Charles

Not being an expert (hence my other posts begging for help) I'm not great at this.. but to me I'd have thought the include file your referencing doesn't contain the right info.

It should be in the catalog/includes/language/english/index.php e.g.

define('NUM_ORDER', ': Ascending');
define('APHA_ORDER', ': A-Z');
define('REVERSE_ALPHA_ORDER', ': Z-A');
define('REVERSE_NUM_ORDER', ': Descending');

Even though this was fine for me, I had an additional page that was using the product listing (shop by price contrib) so therefore I had to input this information onto my catalog/includes/language/english/shopbyprice.php also

Hope this is of use to you!

$price = (function_exists(display_short_price)) ? $currencies->display_short_price($products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products['products_tax_class_id'])) : $currencies->display_price($products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products['products_tax_class_id']));  
        	$price = '<s>' .  $currencies->display_price($products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($products['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
       	} 

Ok thanks a lot spooks, I'll play around with this - and hopefully won't need to trouble you anymore (although... apologies if I do B) )

1. in the line

$text .= $form . $buytable . (PRODUCT_LIST_OPTIONS == 'true' ? '<div ' . ($last ? 'align="right"' : 'align="left"' ) . ' width="100%">' . attribute_drop($listing['products_id'],$listing['products_tax_class_id']) . '</div>' . $button : '
' . $button) . $buytableend;

The '<br />' . is not needed anymore

2. Its done with css, adjust it there

3. Its done with css, adjust it there

4. line 528, after

echo $border2end; 

add:

echo '<div class="multi_buy_now" id="gbutton2">' . $gbutton;

(no div close needed)

line 558:

if ($multi_add) { if ($global_add != 'top') echo '<div class="multi_buy_now" id="gbutton2">' . $gbutton; echo '</form>'; }

replace with:

if ($multi_add) { echo '</form>'; }

biggrin.gif

1. The changes worked for firefox but didn't make any difference to the size of the gap in internet explorer. The gap between the free delivery icon and the qty box is still rather large (in IE). :(

2. I can't find what controls displaying the line seperating each product is the css, the only referance I can find is "TD.separator {border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc;}" is that it? if so, how I change it so that the line shows in firefox as well as IE? :(

3. I found that, works great. B)

4. Worked perfectly, thanks. B)

1. The changes worked for firefox but didn't make any difference to the size of the gap in internet explorer. The gap between the free delivery icon and the qty box is still rather large (in IE). sad.gif

2. I can't find what controls displaying the line seperating each product is the css, the only referance I can find is "TD.separator {border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc;}" is that it? if so, how I change it so that the line shows in firefox as well as IE? sad.gif

3. I found that, works great. cool.gif

4. Worked perfectly, thanks. cool.gif

First, why don't you use firefox tools, save a lot of hastle?

1. If you used the above you would noted it has a valign="bottom" which comes from this line $buytable = '<table class="buytable" border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td valign="bottom" class="productListing-data">';

2. Yes you found the css, it works fine on all site I`ve used it in ie & firefox, so I don't know what you have to block it, perhaps a clash or error in your css, use firefox again to play & get fix. wink.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Spooks,

I noticed that on the New Products Listing that the cool script you did for quantity input with the red arrows is not there.

Is this a bug or is it on my side? blink.gif

Thanks

Charles

Sorry, The quantity input is a new feature & I`ve not had time to update the other files yet. blush.gif

It will be sorted on a future release. smile.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Sorry, The quantity input is a new feature & I`ve not had time to update the other files yet. blush.gif

It will be sorted on a future release. smile.gif

Sure thing Spooks,

Wasn't sure if it was me or just missing. You do wonderful work and are a great asset to OS. :thumbsup:

First, why don't you use firefox tools, save a lot of hastle?

1. If you used the above you would noted it has a valign="bottom" which comes from this line $buytable = '<table class="buytable" border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td valign="bottom" class="productListing-data">';

2. Yes you found the css, it works fine on all site I`ve used it in ie & firefox, so I don't know what you have to block it, perhaps a clash or error in your css, use firefox again to play & get fix. wink.gif

1. changed to valign="top" and it worked great.

2. I moved " TD.separator {border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc;} " to the top (1st entry) of the stylesheet file and now the line shows fine in firefox. Same goes to these are well: " .xtra-field-name{ color: #000; } .xtra-field-value{ color: #006600; } "

3. Thanks for all your help (again). :thumbsup:

P.S. Any plans to add a feature to display the average customer star rating on product listing, if the product has reviews? Just underneath the product extra fields, in product manufacturer block view naturally. Just a thought. ;)

} 

Ok Spooks.. I might need you help after all! B)

These were my original instructions:

"10. In catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php find around line 110 the section that reads as follows:"

$lc_align = 'right';
             $lc_text = ' <s>' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span> ';
           } else {
           }
           break;

and change it to read as follows:

$lc_align = 'right';
               $lc_text = ' <span class="oldPrice">' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_msrp'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '  ' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span> ';
             } else {
               $lc_text = ' <span class="oldPrice">' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_msrp'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>  ' . $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . ' ';
             }
           } else {
               $lc_text = ' <span class="oldPrice">' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span> ';
             } else {
             }            
           }  

Now I changed the portion of code starting at line 440 of this Product Listing contrib for the above code, but changing $lc_text to $price. But sadly it just brings all of the products at £0. Any ideas?

(Original code I altered)

} 

to this

$price = ' <span class="oldPrice">' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_msrp'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '  ' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span> ';
             } else {
               $price = ' <span class="oldPrice">' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_msrp'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>  ' . $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . ' ';
             }
           } else {
               $price = ' <span class="oldPrice">' .  $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>  <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($listing['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span> ';
             } else {
               $price = ' ' . $currencies->display_price($listing['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . ' ';
             }            
           }

Hi all,

First would like to say this is a fantastic contribution and really like it as it adds alot of enhancements, however I have a couple small issues with it and cannot trace the problems down. I come here seeking your assistance.

Website is http://www.keystoneairsoft.com/index.php

1st issue - When you go to any category page it is showing double images for every product in the product box.

2nd issue - Some items when viewing either from the home page, categories or sub-category pages the images are actual size and not thumbnails. This mod was added after these products were placed. For example if you go here http://www.keystoneairsoft.com/index.php?cPath=39_47 this is actually a sub-category landing page. This image is the actual image size.

I have tried numerous settings in the admin section and nothing seems to adjust them to thumbnails.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

First would like to say this is a fantastic contribution and really like it as it adds alot of enhancements, however I have a couple small issues with it and cannot trace the problems down. I come here seeking your assistance.

Website is http://www.keystoneairsoft.com/index.php

1st issue - When you go to any category page it is showing double images for every product in the product box.

2nd issue - Some items when viewing either from the home page, categories or sub-category pages the images are actual size and not thumbnails. This mod was added after these products were placed. For example if you go here http://www.keystoneairsoft.com/index.php?cPath=39_47 this is actually a sub-category landing page. This image is the actual image size.

I have tried numerous settings in the admin section and nothing seems to adjust them to thumbnails.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi airsofting, I was looking on my product_listing.php earlier and I was playing with the settings at the top. When I enabled $ttip as true it duplicated the images like with your first issue. I know that's probably not very useful, but it might be a start!

Ok.. one more *minor* issue I've been wondering about - the Sort by drop down... I would like to alter the order of the list... i.e. Product Name, Product Name, Price, Price instead of the current Product Name, Price, Product Name, Price...

I've looked in product_listing.php and tried altering the stuff on around line 32 (the cases - which is the only reference to ALPHA_ORDER etc) but I can't work out how to re-order! Any ideas?

Cheers

Hi airsofting, I was looking on my product_listing.php earlier and I was playing with the settings at the top. When I enabled $ttip as true it duplicated the images like with your first issue. I know that's probably not very useful, but it might be a start!

Hi leslee,

Thanks for that tip ;). I looked at those settings and saw the $ttip but didn't give it a thought as I thought it was a tool tip for mouseover like the desc states.

Disabled it and that part is working great now. Now if I can only find the other issue I will be happy happy happy.

Hi leslee,

Thanks for that tip wink.gif. I looked at those settings and saw the $ttip but didn't give it a thought as I thought it was a tool tip for mouseover like the desc states.

Disabled it and that part is working great now. Now if I can only find the other issue I will be happy happy happy.

It is a tool tip for mouseover, but you have to complete the install in full for it to work, see the doc. rolleyes.gif

Your other issue was mentioned on a few post back!! admin/images/Calculate Image Size set to true, read my previous for details. wink.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Re-order the sort drop down:

Ok.. one more *minor* issue I've been wondering about - the Sort by drop down... I would like to alter the order of the list... i.e. Product Name, Product Name, Price, Price instead of the current Product Name, Price, Product Name, Price...

I've looked in product_listing.php and tried altering the stuff on around line 32 (the cases - which is the only reference to ALPHA_ORDER etc) but I can't work out how to re-order! Any ideas?

Cheers

It is from line 32

Simple, remove the second 2nd section that does the 2nd part of the drop, then in the 1st after each array entry add the equivalent from the 2nd.

ie after

$sort_array[] = array('id' => $i+1 . 'a', 'text' => TABLE_HEADING_MODEL . APHA_ORDER);

add:

$sort_array[] = array('id' => $i+1 . 'd', 'text' => TABLE_HEADING_MODEL . REVERSE_ALPHA_ORDER);

Sam

Contributions: