• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

hey dudes!

can anyone tell me where to edit in product_listing.php to add a "Thumbnail View" Switch option while using "List in Blonks" Style????

since i have no idea about PHP, the more i search the more i get lost in Google... but this option is of high importance to me

tnx for any F1 in advance :thumbsup:

Edited by arash.najafi

Uploaded new version 2.1

Take care some parts of this versionm are un-tested.

Added support for products extra fields (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2202), see settings for use.

Added a css image tooltip, if enabled when the mouse is hovered over a product pic a larger version will show, see settings for use.

Changed files: product_listing.php, products_new.php, index.php, advanced_search_result.php, CSS

UPGRADING

Upload the changed files.

Edit index.php & advanced_search_result.php to add new style section in the head

Add new entries to your style sheet

tested on PHP 4 & 5, SQL 4 & 5, osC 2.2 ms2, rc1 & rc2a and is register_globals compatible.

Enoy. smile.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Uploaded new version 2.1

Take care some parts of this versionm are un-tested.

Added support for products extra fields (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2202), see settings for use.

Added a css image tooltip, if enabled when the mouse is hovered over a product pic a larger version will show, see settings for use.

Changed files: product_listing.php, products_new.php, index.php, advanced_search_result.php, CSS

UPGRADING

Edit index.php & advanced_search_result.php to add new style section in the head

tested on PHP 4 & 5, SQL 4 & 5, osC 2.2 ms2, rc1 & rc2a and is register_globals compatible.

Enoy. smile.gif

ooo my goodness... thankyou Mr. Sam... are you a genius or something?! :o :o

what have you done??? a hover toolpit??? :o :o :o its fantastic :thumbsup: God speed you! :thumbsup:

hey dudes!

can anyone tell me where to edit in product_listing.php to add a "Thumbnail View" Switch option while using "List in Blonks" Style????

since i have no idea about PHP, the more i search the more i get lost in Google... but this option is of high importance to me

tnx for any F1 in advance thumbsup.gif

Had a moment to look smile.gif , in product_listing.php, find (near bottom):

if (!strstr(PRODUCT_THUMBNAIL_VIEW, 'list') && LISTING_SWITCH != 'false' && !$empty_list) echo '<br /><span class="smalltext"><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('list')). 'list='.(strstr($thumbnail_view, 'thumbnails') ? 'manufacturer' : 'thumbnails')) . '">' . (strstr($thumbnail_view, 'thumbnails') ? LIST_VIEW : THUMB_VIEW).'</a></span><br /><br />';

replace with:

if (LISTING_SWITCH != 'false' && !$empty_list) echo '<br /><span class="smalltext"><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('list')). 'list='.(strstr($thumbnail_view, 'thumbnails') ? 'manufacturer' : 'thumbnails')) . '">' . (strstr($thumbnail_view, 'thumbnails') ? LIST_VIEW : THUMB_VIEW).'</a></span><br /><br />';

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

sorry for frequent questions

i've installed new version (2.1) for the toolpit but the large image is still and is shown all the time, no matter hover a mouse or not

should i add some lines in stylesheet.css???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

my site (lang. is persian): http://filmyab.phu.ir/index.php?cPath=10_11&sort=1a&list=thumbnails

tnx for your support here :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Uploaded new version 2.2

Added incremental buttons to quantity box (images in buttons dir) if you wish these (& any others) to have a hover effect, add http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7126

Added product heading title, gives each listing entry its own product TITLE header (list modes only) see settings for use.

Added option to remove column width settings in list modes, see settings for use.

Improved the code efficiency.

There is currently on-going development of this contribution, so some controls that currently require changes within the code will ultimately be ported to admin controls.

Changed files: product_listing.php, CSS, new button images.

UPGRADING

Enjoy. smile.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Tool tip don't work

i've installed new version (2.1) for the toolpit but the large image is still and is shown all the time, no matter hover a mouse or not

should i add some lines in stylesheet.css???? rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Did you make the changes to index.php detailed at the end of the doc for the tool tip?

Did you make the change in product_listing.php to enable the option, detailed in settings.?

Its always best to read through included docs, the answers are usually there already! wink.gif

Sam

Contributions:

I have just installed the new version, I still have the problem of retained title.

Is there anyone other than me experiencing this problem?

I'm using:

oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817

Easy Graphical Borders 1.1

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings V2.2

I loaded a stock shop on localhost test site.

Added Easy Graphical Borders & then Product Listing Enhancements, with no other mods.

All looks good until I add a new category called TEST and there are no sub-categories in it.

The Hardware title appears in the box heading when clicking on the TEST category.

Thanks

can u at least provide a pic of the page, as your not making it clear exactly where this title is & why you think its a retained one.

PS retained title means the title of a previous object is used for a subsequent, un-related one.

Also why is your stock shop 2.2ms2 when that is outdated & the latest is rc2a, or are you using templates, with their in-numerous compatibility & bad code issues!!

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

The stock shop was only loaded to test the problem I'm having installing the contribution on my highly modified test site (localhost).

I haven't added to live site as it has the error.

I stay with oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817 and haven't upgraded as my live site is very heavily modified, no template though.

I call it retained title as that's what is was called in the Graphical Borders thread though it was about if no reviews and I thought that was what I'm experiencing, if incorrect I do apologize.

The last Category I added was TEST with no sub-categories, when I click TEST the title in the Graphical Border is Hardware.

I do hope I'm explaining it right and sorry as unable to supply a pic.

Thanks

Ps.

I do appreciate your contributions and the hard work you put in.

the title in the Graphical Border is Hardware

WHERE!!! Graphical borders styles all info boxes, so are you saying that title appears in all boxes!!!

If your not prepared to be precise & exact I cannot help!! Are you trying to difficult!! Write then imagine you have not seen it, see u can tell what u mean!! crying.gif

Sam

Contributions:

As far as I can understand, I have done all things said it the installation doc. But I get duplicate photos in the product box. I sort of can live with it if I put the "Product Listing Image Width" to 1 as the the 'real' image doesn't show only the unnecessary 200 pixel width image.

I also have the "Quantity" in english though the shop is localized to Finnish and I have gone through all php-files under "languages/finnish" and I can not find the text "Quantity" anywhere!?

As far as I can understand, I have done all things said it the installation doc. But I get duplicate photos in the product box. I sort of can live with it if I put the "Product Listing Image Width" to 1 as the the 'real' image doesn't show only the unnecessary 200 pixel width image.

I also have the "Quantity" in english though the shop is localized to Finnish and I have gone through all php-files under "languages/finnish" and I can not find the text "Quantity" anywhere!?

i also have duplicated image in product listing... i think some lines should be added to CSS...

sure its not MR. Sam's fault... i think we did something wrong... however i hope Mr. Sam will tell us what should be done :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You will get this behaviour if:

tool tip is enabled in in product_listing.php, detailed in settings.? (Its enabled by default in the latest, sorry) blush.gif

AND

You did'nt you make the changes to index.php detailed at the end of the doc for the tool tip!

Parts of this are not multilingual, Quantity is on line 149

Sam

Contributions:

i also have duplicated image in product listing... i think some lines should be added to CSS...

Why did'nt you read my last reply to you?? huh.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Thank you - very pro!

I did localize "quantity" for me - it was in a few places.

Do you have any idea how to get 24 products on the same page - I now use 4/row and I have 24 items per "page" so it would be nice to have them all visible, instead of having to change page for the last four! I assume it's somewhere deep in the original code this 20/page!?

KR, Dick

number of products shown per page

Do you have any idea how to get 24 products on the same page - I now use 4/row and I have 24 items per "page" so it would be nice to have them all visible, instead of having to change page for the last four! I assume it's somewhere deep in the original code this 20/page!?

Please read the doc b4 asking questions, most are already answered there!!! rolleyes.gif

The number of products shown per page is set by 'Search Results' in 'Maximum Values'
smile.gif

Sam

Contributions:

i did... and i performed all you said

but i have still duplicated images

then you have iether failed to upload the changed files, or modified the wrong ones for your site.

Sam

Contributions:

then you have iether failed to upload the changed files, or modified the wrong ones for your site.

You were right to a hundred percent... i followed your clues and it worked...

now there is just one image and toolpit appears as hover

i was wondering how nice it would be if you could manage to mix a java lightbox to the Product_listing.php and when clicking on the image the lightbox appears

i know you're as busy as a honey-bee and you know the priorities better than others :thumbsup:

Edited by arash.najafi

Uploaded new version 2.3

Added option for multi-add to cart (with attributes support) has some provisos, so read the notes in settings.

Adjusted modes for 'Details Button'.

Added further css styling for form elements.

Moved some new text into language files (Not guaranteeing I've not missed any!!)

Added hover info box

There is currently on-going development of this contribution, so some controls that currently require changes within the code will ultimately be ported to admin controls.

Changed files: product_listing.php, application_top.php, language files, new buttons, CSS

UPGRADING

Upload the changed files. Edit altered ones.

There may be the odd missed bug in this version, when I first looked at the multi-add to cart option I thought it would be staight forward, but it turns out there are a lot of little things to consider, many places in the code that have to be altered to allow for the option (but old code must remain too in-case the option is'nt used) As this now has many different configuration options, it has many operating modes, too many to test all possible variations.

Please make sure you read the notes in settings before you raise any issues.

I hope you like it. biggrin.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Hi Mr. Sam... i don't know if i should post this or not... if not accept my excuse in advance :rolleyes:

i was googling for a JS tooltip and i found this (http://www.walterzorn.com/tooltip/tooltip_e.htm) and i wanted to combine this to the alt of images which is the product_name, i succeeded for set the Tooltip to images or texts which submit myself but i almost broke my neck but it was an experience of frustration when i wannted to set the Tooltip to Product_image :( :(

(i even don't know which files should be edited ... index.php? product_listing.php? html-output.php? :blink: :( :( )

Description tool tip

i was googling for a JS tooltip and i found this (http://www.walterzorn.com/tooltip/tooltip_e.htm) and i wanted to combine this to the alt of images which is the product_name, i succeeded for set the Tooltip to images or texts which submit myself but i almost broke my neck but it was an experience of frustration when i wannted to set the Tooltip to Product_image sad.gifsad.gif

(i even don't know which files should be edited ... index.php? product_listing.php? html-output.php? blink.gifsad.gifsad.gif )

There is a Description tool tip planned for addition later, but it will be css based, I do not use javascript unless absolutly neccessary, if others wish to prettify things with it then its up to them to sort it out themselves.

This is more complex that it may appear, so I suspect outside your abilities, I think u would do better spending time fixing your site, when I visited I noted the following:

Very slow to load (most will leave if no content within 7 secs) I suspect you have too much on home page, big files etc.

Your site has serious errors, you have 2 head and 2 body sections, you must have only one of each.

Sam

Contributions: