• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

Hi

I have this installed and wonder if it is causing my problem. From the client side I can now only see the first 20 products when the category is selected - thought it says there are 27. If I select next, page 2 or show all I still only get the first 20.

I really cannot figure out what I have done wrong, please can someone help?????????

Thanks

Lotti

Hi

I have this installed and wonder if it is causing my problem. From the client side I can now only see the first 20 products when the category is selected - thought it says there are 27. If I select next, page 2 or show all I still only get the first 20.

I really cannot figure out what I have done wrong, please can someone help?????????

Thanks

Lotti

This uses the sql generated by index.php, its fed through split_page_results.php for pagination.

The number shown per page is set by search results (its detailed)

So look at those to files to find your error.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Please make it clear what u want to do, I hate it when poeple give little snippits & u have to guess what they want!!

I assume u mean u want to remove the complete header??

in new_products.php module:

replace

new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents);

with

// new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents);

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Uploaded new version 1.85

Corrected some syntax errors in products_new.php

Made a couple of additions to product_listing.php & new_products.php, if the products price or products stock are zero the buy now button is removed, a details button will be shown if thats set in admin (ie set for buy now & details).

Changed files: product_listing.php, products_new.php, new_products.php

UPGRADING

Just replace all the changed files

Sam

Contributions:

hello,

I installed the previous version (Product Thumbnail listing V1.1) nut i guess my problem can be similar in this contribution.

I installed with no problems at all!

the only thing is that the border around each box only shows up on IE and Safari (not Firefox)

Does anybody have an idea on what could fix this?

Thanks for your help

If u install a superseeded contrib u may have bugs that were fixed ages ago, always use the latest!!

use the css from the latest & u wont have an issue

Sam

Contributions:

If u install a superseeded contrib u may have bugs that were fixed ages ago, always use the latest!!

use the css from the latest & u wont have an issue

Did the trick!

Thanks for the help

(i was a but worried to install the newest contrib. because my product listing page is heavily contributed, and my coding isn't that good...)

The only function i needed was to show the products in a grid and nothing else, and this sure did the trick :-D

Tank you again

I am interested in using the manufacturers details part of your enhancements.

I am setting up a site selling sheet music and have modified (descriptions only) products to become items and manufacturers to become composers. I am reluctant to modify the product display side as I have already added the ability to play mp3 files and display Sibelius Scorch files (musical scores) on line. However, the addition of manufacturers brief descriptions would give me the possibility to add composers brief biographies to the site.

Is it possible to install the manufacturers description part of your modifications on their own. I am reasonably coding literate but by no means an expert.

Is it possible to install the manufacturers description part of your modifications on their own. I am reasonably coding literate but by no means an expert.

Certainly, you will see in the install its a seperate section, to read the data just look at the query in product_listing.php for manufacturers, it commented

Sam

Contributions:

found solution on page 46 for featured products.

now I have to do all products

Would you like to share with everyone else what exactly was your problem & how you fixed it?

By sharing help, it should not be just one way!!

Sam

Contributions:

Would you like to share with everyone else what exactly was your problem & how you fixed it?

By sharing help, it should not be just one way!!

hello sam

I mean I want to use this for featured products and all products module. I found the solution for featured products on page 46 of this thread.

It still needs to done for all products.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

This contribution is a much changed version of Product Thumbnail Listing that I started only a short while ago, but as thumbnails is now only one part I felt it should be a new contribution.

I was requested to make a contribution to Group Product Listing By Manufacturer with a manufacturer short description. This does exactly that based around the original product listing, so the old admin controls apply along with some new ones.

The thumbnails part displays products with thumbnail images in a grid layout, you define how many boxes per line plus image & box sizes. It shows the product image in a box with product name, price, short description (if you have that) & buy now or details button. This also supports Additional Images (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1032) If you have this it will select the medium size image if it exists.

The customer can switch between thumbnails & manufacturer if you set default to either. If you change default you must select a new category to reset your display.

Extra setting are added to admin, additionally existing settings controling the display of Product Name & Price Are Honored.

The database query used is unchanged from the original, so order you set in admin etc will apply as before.

The style of the display is controlled by a new entry in your css, you can set there if you wish a background image, colours, borders etc.

Page views are included in the package so you can see the result.

Written on osC2.2 rc1 with PHP5 and has been tested on PHP 4 & 5, SQL 4 & 5, osC 2.2 ms2, rc1 & rc2a and is register_globals compatible.

Contribution can be found at: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6051

i followed the instructions and the product listing is displayed as it was described, i am having a problem with the sort drop downs that are at the bottom of the list.

When I am in thumbnail mode, I get a 404 error message from the browser when I select anything other than the default value that is in the box. Could there be a conflict in what I have specified in the admin for the maximum items to display per page(which in my case is 9)?

Secondly, before this contribution I have been using width value of 0 and a height value of 160. this allows the thumbnails to always have the same height for each photo and dynamically adjust the width for each photo, the box surrounding the photo is padded to accomodate any size with in reason so the grid layout is consistant for each row.

My problem is, this new product listing is calculating the photo size based on the width only and there is not a value to specify for the height. I thought about replacing the width values for the height in the code but I can't seem to locate where PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH is bound to the width.

Possibly your server has trouble with $PHP_SELF, what is it, what versions, do u have any form of seo, if so what?

PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH is set it admin in product listing, read the docs!!

There is a post in this thread detailing how to add height.

Sam

Contributions:

Possibly your server has trouble with $PHP_SELF, what is it, what versions, do u have any form of seo, if so what?

PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH is set it admin in product listing, read the docs!!

There is a post in this thread detailing how to add height.

I'm running it on a test windows system currently and it has

Apache 2.2.11

MySQL 5.0

PHP 5.2.9-2

No SEO contributions installed yet. I do have search engine friendly option enabled in the admin.

I know PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH is in the admin. I'm not asking that. I'm asking where in the code does it say to use that specifically as the width's value. I found one line in the code where it uses that but it doesn't say anything about width equalling something like all the other code that sets the value for the width and height.

the search engine friendly option in admin can cause issues with $PHP_SELF

did u do the bug fixes detailed at the end of the contrib install?

PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH is used with a standard function call

Sam

Contributions:

Uploaded new version v1.9

Added the option of a quantity box within the listing (controled in admin)

Added the option of a attribute drop downs within the listing (controled in admin)

Added a Product Listing Image Height setting in admin (Recommend this is left empty)

Modified the setup routine to allow for other languages (Though all added items are in english still, sorry)

Changed files: product_listing.php, application_top.php, product_listing_setup.php

UPGRADING

There are some edits to application_top.php required.

Upload the changed files.

Run the new product_listing_setup.php

Too many wnated to set the hieght (and distort their images) so now they can!! ;)

Enjoy :)

Sam

Contributions:

the search engine friendly option in admin can cause issues with $PHP_SELF

did u do the bug fixes detailed at the end of the contrib install?

PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH is used with a standard function call

did the bug fixes..

I did notice that there was no command at the top for debug set to yes or no.

what is the full command that I can put at the top of the file to turn on debugging?

btw, thanks for the new version that includes height, i'll give it a try later tonight when I get home.

did the bug fixes..

I did notice that there was no command at the top for debug set to yes or no.

what is the full command that I can put at the top of the file to turn on debugging?

btw, thanks for the new version that includes height, i'll give it a try later tonight when I get home.

debugging was removed long ago (read the version history) as it proved of little use, there is a line at the bottom of product_listing.php the is commented out, if you un-comment that line you will see the sql presented to the file.

Sam

Contributions:

debugging was removed long ago (read the version history) as it proved of little use, there is a line at the bottom of product_listing.php the is commented out, if you un-comment that line you will see the sql presented to the file.

after I disabled the search engine friendly url option provided by osCommerce, the sort option worked. Thanks.

after I disabled the search engine friendly url option provided by osCommerce, the sort option worked. Thanks.

That option often causes issues, I reccommend ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6768 if your server is able

Sam

Contributions:

Hi,

I'm quite new to osc and not really great with computers but I have used this mod in the shop we are building, mainly for the thumbnails.

The first page I wrote was fine:

http://completestyling.com/index.php?cPath=28_29

But the next set of products I started working on don't load properly, and I haven't altered any code or used any other add-ons since I added the first set:

http://completestyling.com/index.php?cPath=1_64

The buttons don't appear and where the price should be i get TEXT_POA

Probably some school boy error but I can't sus out whats wrong.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by completestyling

You have failed to complete the install! Make sure you make changes to all language filesa detailed & upload all included images to the correct places.

Your product has a price of 0 by the way!!

For install tips see http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=0#entry1432157

Sam

Contributions:

I have been running this for a while now and it is a great contribution.

Here is my infomation

Server Information

Server OS: Linux 2.6.28.8-20090428g-filemon-idmap-grsec

Database: MySQL 5.0.81-log

HTTP Server: Apache

PHP Version: 4.4.9 (Zend: 1.3.0)

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

product listing v 2.1.5

I am running into problem where the images are not being displayed correctly, where ERROR 300 Multiple Choice kicks in and it grabs the closes file that would match 22345.jpg when I am really looking 22354.jpg.

Where in the products_listing.php modules can I test to see if the image exists in the directory and if not replace with 0.jpg (NO Image picture).

I tried to put this code listed below on line 388 of my file

<?php
$filename = $image;

if (file_exists($filename)) {
$image = $image;
} else {
$image = "0.jpg";
}
?>

Just after this code and it does not work, I keep getting NO image.

$addimages = (file_exists(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'displayimages.php')); // Additional Images Present
	if ($addimages) { 	
	$image_query = tep_db_query( "SELECT ai.medium_images, ai.images_description, ai.popup_images, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_description  FROM " .  TABLE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES . " ai, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p WHERE ai.products_id=p.products_id and ai.products_id = '".(int)$products['products_id']."'");
$selected_image = tep_db_fetch_array($image_query);
	$image = ($selected_image['medium_images'] ? $selected_image['medium_images'] : ($selected_image['products_image_med'] ? $selected_image['products_image_med'] : ($selected_image['popup_images'] ? $selected_image['popup_images'] : $products['products_image']))); 
										}

Any help in showing me how to test for a file exist and substituting a NO image if the file is not there would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Edited by sandwick