• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

Hi Sam, I am using this hack, but it is not compatible with your contribution :(

Quantity Box in Product Listing v1.0

1) in catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

find:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':

$lc_align = 'center';

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a>';

break;

}

replace with:

$lc_align = 'center';

$lc_text = '<form name="cart_quantity" method="post" action="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product', 'NONSSL'). '"><input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="' . $listing['products_id'] . '"><input type="text" name="quantity" value="1" maxlength="5" size="5"><br>' . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</form>';

break;

}

After installing your contribution, it doesn't work anymore :(

Please how to add Quantity Box in Product Listing ?

this contribution does not add a quantity box in the product listing.. this is just simply a layout change for the product listing. You need to install a different contribution for that

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Hi thank you for the reply but that's what i did, i have installed another contribution named Quantity Box in Product Listing v1.0

It worked, but after installed Sam's Product Listing Enhancement contribution, the Quantity Box in Product Listing v1.0 doesn't work anymore..

(I won't both of them)

:( :( Help me please

Edited by newbie2009

I;m sorry, i cant help you. You will have to post your code and hope someone else can see it and help you.

oh yea, I forgot to ask.. did you overwrite your files and merge them??

Edited by lindsayanng

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

I did replace them with product listing contribution files, but this is not a problem because Quantity Box in Product Listing v1.0 is only this hack:

1) in catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

find:

$lc_align = 'center';
$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a>';
break;
}

replace with:

$lc_align = 'center';
$lc_text = '<form name="cart_quantity" method="post" action="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product', 'NONSSL'). '"><input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="' . $listing['products_id'] . '"><input type="text" name="quantity" value="1" maxlength="5" size="5"><br>' . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</form>';
break;
}

I did this .. but no effect. :-(

there was no change to application _top.php with the quantity box contribution..

Hi

First of all what a GREAT contribution.

I too would like to replace the 'Buy Now' & 'Details' icons with a Quantity Box and an Add to Cart button at the end of the listing.

It would be fantastic if this could be added to the 'Product Listing Style' function in admin so 'Buy Now' & 'Details' icons where replaced with a quantity box

see image >>

quantity-box.gif

I have spent all today trying to get this to work, there are some conributions that work great on the standard product_listing.php but I can't adapt any to work with this.

Regards

Frank

Marker achieved this some time ago http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1279207

Ask him what contrib he used.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

That's great news, hopefully Marker will post in this thread how he acheived it and which contrbution he used.

Doubt if Marker will help. I PM him last November and had no reply.

Just looked at his profile and he hasn't been on this forum for over 4 month's so that probably why.

I'm desparate to add the quantity boxes, like webmaster69 and Newbie2009.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I have this contribution for quantity boxes which has worked well for me.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3022

Doubt if Marker will help. I PM him last November and had no reply.

Just looked at his profile and he hasn't been on this forum for over 4 month's so that probably why.

I'm desparate to add the quantity boxes, like webmaster69 and Newbie2009.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I have this contribution for quantity boxes which has worked well for me.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3022

Sorry for confusion, when I say it works well for me I meant on the existing product_listing.php not the updated one that this thread relates to.

I tried to download the files from the contrib section but i cant unzip the files. It say "cant find file" when I unzip them and inside some of the files are not possible to open.

Is there another place where you can download it? I tried version 1.8 to 1.3 all has the same problem.

I tried to download the files from the contrib section but i cant unzip the files. It say "cant find file" when I unzip them and inside some of the files are not possible to open.

Is there another place where you can download it? I tried version 1.8 to 1.3 all has the same problem.

Works fine for me, must your system or software.

I'll add it to my list to do when I get time, don`t hold your breath though!!

:D

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

I'll add it to my list to do when I get time, don`t hold your breath though!!

:D

Hi Sam

That's great news.

Frank

ps. Don't know if you still use the hosting account that I set up for you on 20-05-08? I can remember offerring a hosting account for a year to anyone who helped with a contribution and you sorted it for the second time. So I know owe you 2 accounts. I have just amended the first account not to expire so it's yours to keep. Let me know what you want to do with the second account or if you want any domain names registering or linking to them.

I know you've heard this 100 times already but excellent contribution.

I've searched and searched this forum for the answers before posting my question so I apologizes if you have already answered these questions but I couldn't find the answer.

2 Questions:

Question 1. I want to Sort the Descriptions in the Sort Drop Down Box.

At the moment mine reads:

1. Manufacturer,
  2. Description,
  3. Price, Low - High,
  4. Manufacturer, Reverse,
  5. Description, Reverse,
  6. Price, High - Low.

I would like to be able to change this sort order to:

1. Manufacturer,
  2. Manufacturer, Reverse,
  3. Description,
  4. Description, Reverse,
  5. Price, Low - High,
  6. Price, High - Low.

Question 2:

I would like to only have the Drop Down boxes appear at the top of the Product_Info, but leave the bread crumbs >> visible at the bottom.

I know this might seem very simple or trivial questions, but I've spent ages trying to sort myself with no joy.

Any help greatly appricated.

If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough!!

as detailed, within pre-existing product listing

Sam

Contributions:

No, they weren't not there. configuration_group_id of new rows added to configuration table were all "0".

I've edited them through phpmysql and replaced 0's with 8(id of product listing).

Now it's OK. I see the new variables in admin/product listing.

I think you found a bug, this has grown so much they can creap in. The size setting will only work in thumbnail mode.

I'll put a fix on next release, as long as I don't forget.

:blush:

Sam

Contributions:

Hi,

Thank you for creating this module! I've been using it for a couple months and it's been working great.

One thing I can't quite figure out-- Since I've installed the module, the new products on the homepage disappear after a month. Since no new products have been uploaded in the past month, the new products table is empty: http://jenniferdesignsjewelry.com/shop/ I'm not using the new products page and I have my max value of new products set to "3" in the admin. I know that the new products are supposed to just rotate the most recently added products, no matter when they were added, but that's not working for me now.

Do I need to set up something on the New Products page, even if I'm not using it? Or is there a setting I need to change?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

Thank you for creating this module! I've been using it for a couple months and it's been working great.

One thing I can't quite figure out-- Since I've installed the module, the new products on the homepage disappear after a month. Since no new products have been uploaded in the past month, the new products table is empty: http://jenniferdesignsjewelry.com/shop/ I'm not using the new products page and I have my max value of new products set to "3" in the admin. I know that the new products are supposed to just rotate the most recently added products, no matter when they were added, but that's not working for me now.

Do I need to set up something on the New Products page, even if I'm not using it? Or is there a setting I need to change?

Thanks for your help!

You must have used a file from the package!! though you thing not, there are 2 new products files new_products.php and products_new.php, one in catalog the other in modules.

In mine you will find:

$date = strtotime("-60 days"); // set max age of displayed product

it does what it says.

;)

Sam

Contributions: