• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

that sounds great, but just before i do this, there isn't a simpler version, to install. i installed the sort order, and coupons mod, AND attribute sets...

This can do 4 colums with the Details and Buy it now link with this, you don't need manufacturer, this is a contribution for the way the products list on a page.!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sincerely,

no

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Search the thread, gaverp did that

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Restore your backup & Do the install again, you have created errors

Sam

Contributions:

Search the thread, gaverp did that

I think I am toast, I did not make a back up I guess I am a dumb rookie :blink: Is there anyway to mitigate the damage done. I made all the modication to the pages after reading the instructions better. At first I just did the install without making modifications.

Please Help I have a deadline to get my site up by Friday!

I am going to try and find gaverp

I think I am toast ....I have a deadline to get my site up by Friday!

Sounds like your doing this for a client, we don`t like giving free help to those who are selling thier incompitance!!

Changes to index.php are very minor you must have been very careless.

Restore original, then start again.

Sam

Contributions:

Sam,

Is splitpage supposed to work on product_new.php and new_products.php?

I've spent a few hours now trying to find and fix the split page function on that page... I've got about 30 new products and can't get the splitpage to show up on the home page with all the "New products for December".

It's working fine on the category pages...

G

Edited by gaverp

Gaver

diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" - while you look for a rock.

Sounds like your doing this for a client, we don`t like giving free help to those who are selling thier incompitance!!

Changes to index.php are very minor you must have been very careless.

Restore original, then start again.

Cheers mate, thanks for entertaining this incompitent newbie. I am not a client I am a hard pressed owner of a bookstore. :blush:

ok, how about this, all is great, except.. i am going to have several photoshoots for different of my clients. So then I am posting those shoots under different "categories"

problem... i would like to not show the links to eachothers categories, meaning.. i would send them a direct link to there category and photoshoot...

so in that top breadcrump, i would like to get rid of "top" and "catalog" and change Photoshoot1 and Photoshoot2 to just be a link that says "Return to View Photoshoot" or something so they know they have to click that to get back to there photoshoot.

OR how would i make a button that would link to the photoshoot, just as the breadcrumb trail thing does, it automatically knows what category they are in so i can get rid of that category box.

i just dont want others being able to access other peoples shoots...

any ideas would be 100% appreciated fully.

thank you SINCERELY.

http://traciegrant.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21

Sincerely,

Hi Sam

I just notice this now. When I do a search the results don't show up in list view (which is default). If you click thumbnail view the results are there. I have no idea if this is due to a mod I made somewhere along the way, but advanced_search and advanced_search_results are unmodified. If you want to look just search for something like batteries.

Ashley

Question on sub categories..

I have a category called "Basket Ball" with multiple sub categories "ball and accessories", "hoops" and "footwear".

What i want to do is.. that when i am in the sub category "Hoops" I want to be able to see the other category headings in a box..

is this possible ?

Hi

I've modded my specials page to display in a list like the main product listing. Is it possible to add the sort order and results per page to the specials page?

If you have a look at My Website you'll see sthe styling. Specials.php looks the same

Hope that makes sense

Cheers

Ian

I suspect this has something to do with your manufacturer organisation in your dbase, its trying to show a manu but not matching a product to the matching manu. try setting to pure list mode instead of manufacturer, or put default to thumbnail

Sam

Contributions:

I suspect this has something to do with your manufacturer organisation in your dbase, its trying to show a manu but not matching a product to the matching manu. try setting to pure list mode instead of manufacturer, or put default to thumbnail

Thanks Sam. I set to list mode and it works 100%.

My mistake. I had a product on the top level with my categories that I deleted, and it now works with the thumbnail setting.

Thats correct, detailed in instructions

Sam

Contributions:

Hi,

I searched the topic, but didn't find anything, so I ask:

I have installed the following contributions:

Header Tags SEO 3.1.0

Ultimate SEO URLs 2.6

SID KILLER 2.0

Now my problem is, that if I install this contribution (which I like), I can't get the "buy now" button work. I use also the Button to Form mod, but I didn't change anything on the main page, so the buy button is still a normal link, but not even so does it work. If i click it, it adds nothing to the shopping cart.

From the new products page (where all new products are listed) the button "add to shopping cart" is working as intended even with the button to form mod.

Never mind! I managed that.

Now only on the listing page I don't get it to work, because of the SEO URLs.

I changed all

<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button($buypic, IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW, 'class="thm_buy_now"') . '</a>

To

<form name="buy_now_' . $products['products_id'] . '" method="post" action="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now', 'SSL') . '"><input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="' . $products['products_id'] . '">' . tep_image_submit($buypic, IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW, 'class="thm_buy_now"') . '</form>

And it works, but not on product listing, although I changed "$products['products_id']" to "$listing['products_id']"

(If you want to use this, note the SSL! If you dont want SSL, correct it to NONSSL)

Edited by Hunnenkoenig

Hi

I've modded my specials page to display in a list like the main product listing. Is it possible to add the sort order and results per page to the specials page?

If you have a look at My Website you'll see sthe styling. Specials.php looks the same

Hope that makes sense

Cheers

Ian

Still no answer. Surely someone out there can answer this

Ian

Its easily done, just copy the method used in the product listing file.

I`m afraid I have no time to write the code for you, maybe in a month or so.

Those needing free suport must be patient.

:)

Sam

Contributions: