• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

Hi...

I am new to osCommerce and PHP but not to programming in general.

I am modifying a new site initially on a Windows XP under IIS until I can get it into a state ready to upload.

I installed this contrib and have modified the look of it a bit by tweaking the CSS.

I also turned off the buy button feature in the admin controls, but now I need to show them.

Only problem is that the button doesn't show up when I turn it back on in the Admin controls.

On further investigation it seems that $button has no image reference in it.

Would this be because LISTING_BUTTON is undefined somewhere? If so, where do I make sure that it does have some definition.

Please help - this whole PHP thingy is driving me absolutely crazy!!!!

Regards

KdB

I am having a problem and after reading most of this thread I have not found an answer. It seems to be an easy fix, but I am loosing what hair I have left trying to find it. The home page of my site is fine - except for some colors I have to fix, no big deal - but when I go to a catagory it shows everything just like I want except the center part of the screen with the three columns of products is slightly wider than the home screen and it is making my the right column wrap around and look wierd.

I think there must be somewhere that I can change the width of the center window but I can not find it. Please help me as I am new to all of the and I am really trying, but I need some help on this one.

Websit URL is http://naughtywithclass.com if you would like to have a look.

Thank you very much in advance for any help you might be able to offer. If anyone needs to look at the code, I will be happy to let you.

In Admin under product listings, reduce the size of Product Listing Box Width

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

In Admin under product listings, reduce the size of Product Listing Box Width

Thanks for the help, Sam, but that doesn't seem to change anything. It must be something in the template I am using is changing the size after your contrib but I am at a loss to find it.

You currently seem to have it set to 300, as you full width is 1000 thats too big, have you tried setting say 250?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

You currently seem to have it set to 300, as you full width is 1000 thats too big, have you tried setting say 250?

I have tried it as low as 80 and just a bit ago put it up to 300 to test something and I found a clue. If you look at the top little red line above the header, it changes width from the home page to the categories page. Before I added your wonderful contrib. it changed width, but it went down to the width of the picture in the heading. I am not sure if that is understandable, but it is at the same width as the wrapped corner of the right column, so I think that is an indication of the problem.

By the way, I changed the width to 100 and the screen looks the same.

Edited by brokert

Yes your 100 setting now shows, so the setting are working.

the problem is your css, you have: table {width:100%;}

so all tables are 100% thats why the 100px setting is getting overdden

Sam

Contributions:

Yes your 100 setting now shows, so the setting are working.

the problem is your css, you have: table {width:100%;}

so all tables are 100% thats why the 100px setting is getting overdden

Should I remove that line is the css, or what should I change it to??

Should I remove that line is the css, or what should I change it to??

remove it, or change it to say:

table.max {width:100%;}

then put <table class="max"> where you need to use that class

Sam

Contributions:

I see you've reverted, no doubt removeing that messed your template somewhat, its disgusting that your template provider should use such techniques. :o :o

Would you mind saying who you got it from, so others know who to avoid.

;)

Sam

Contributions:

Hi Sam

I added the contribution and all shop disappeared :( I will search why and give it an other try.

Anyway, I restored the store and no problem, the only thing that remain is the product listing option in the configuration of admin.

How to remove this?

Edited by multimixer

No doubt you made some error & have error displays turned off, so do'nt know what error was!!

Removal is delt with in this thread already.

Sam

Contributions:

I see you've reverted, no doubt removeing that messed your template somewhat, its disgusting that your template provider should use such techniques. :o :o

Would you mind saying who you got it from, so others know who to avoid.

;)

I got the template from template monster, Sam. Nice template, but very very highly modified code. Hard to add anything and their support for what I would call normal changes is "that is beyond the scope of our support, you need to contact the author for modifications" at a cost of course.

I thought it might be, template monster do some rubbish coding, know I know their css is just as bad.

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

First thank you for this great MOD I tried to use installer for POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V2.1rc2a version but the page then goes blank after I try to install..

so I manually installed databse in the Customer section of the admin menu Im getting this database error on the customers_points_referral.php

customers_points_pending.php

and /orders.php?page=1&oID=11&action=edit

1146 - Table 'zest_cart.table_customers_points_pending' doesn't exist

select points_status from TABLE_CUSTOMERS_POINTS_PENDING where points_status = 1 and points_type = 'SP' and orders_id = '11' limit 1

[TEP STOP]

1146 - Table 'zest_cart.table_customers_points_pending' doesn't exist

select sum(points_pending) as pending_total from TABLE_CUSTOMERS_POINTS_PENDING where points_status = 1 and customer_id = '1'

I checked the database and I see this table there...also when I go into the admin in the config area I see Points rewards and I see the config settings and Im able to change so the admins writing to the database

I had no problems installing except CATALOG STEP = 5. which was alittle confusing

please help thank you

This is not the support thread for POINTS AND REWARDS.

Please post in the correct thread.

:lol:

Sam

Contributions:

Sam,

Looks like a great mod! Hopefully will look just as good on my site when i get it working. I have run through all the instructions as specified in the latest v1.8, when manually browsing to prduct_listing_setup.php i get the following:

A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again.

The file has read,write and execute permissions for all (777)....

Whats going on.

I checked your file, and realised it was just running a bunch of SQL which i saw posted in one of your recent comments, so manually run the insert, which ran fine, but now on product listing pages i get a pop up:

"Setup Error Please Ensure You Have Run The Product Listing Setup File"

Is there a flag I must set to disable this, whats going on?

Hi, sorry, that sql is incomplete, I said it was untested.

This should complete ity for you:

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES

( 'Product Listing Name Vertical Space', 'PRODUCT_NAME_VSPACE', '60', 'Name Vertical Space, sets vertical space for name + description in thumbnail.', 8, 20, now(), NULL, '', ''),

('Product Listing Image Vertical Space', 'PRODUCT_IMAGE_VSPACE', '130', 'Image Vertical Space, set to height of largest image in thumbnail.', 8, 20, now(), NULL, '', ''),

('Product Listing Price Size', 'PRODUCT_PRICE_SIZE', '3', 'Product Listing Price Font Size.', 8, 20, now(), NULL, '', ''),

( 'Product Listing Per Row', 'PRODUCTS_PER_ROW', '2', 'Number Of Products To List Per Row.', 8, 21, now(), NULL, '', '');

The complete listing should have been

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES('Product Listing Short Description', 'PRODUCT_SHORT_DESC', 'true', 'Display Product Short Description In Listing', 8, 16, now(), NULL, NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),'),('Product Listing Image Width', 'PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH', '140', 'Product Listing Image Width.', 8, 17, now(), NULL, '', ''),('Product Listing Box Width', 'PRODUCT_LIST_WIDTH', '200', 'Product Listing Box Width.', 8, 18, now(), NULL, '', ''),('Product Listing Box Height', 'PRODUCT_LIST_HEIGHT', '250', 'Product Listing Box Height.', 8, 19, now(), NULL, '', ''),('Product Listing Buy Now / Details Button', 'LISTING_BUTTON', 'none', 'Display a ‘Buy Now’, ‘Details’ Button or Both', 8, 22, now(), NULL, NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''none'', ''buy now'', ''small buy now'', ''details'', ''buy now & details''),'),('Product Listing Manufacturers Description', 'MANU_DESCRIPTION', 'true', 'Display Manufacturers Description In Listing', 8, 16, now(), NULL, NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),'),('Product Listing Headings', 'LISTING_HEADINGS', 'false', 'Show Listing Column Headings (false prevents user sorting listing).', 8, 23, now(), NULL, NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),'),('Product Listing Style', 'PRODUCT_THUMBNAIL_VIEW', 'thumbnails', 'Product Listing As Thumbnails, Product List or Manufacturer List. Straight or block list.', 8, 15, now(), NULL, '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''list'', ''list in blocks'', ''thumbnails'', ''thumbnails in grid'', ''manufacturer'', ''manufacturer in blocks''),'),('Product Listing Style Switch', 'LISTING_SWITCH', 'true', 'Provide the user the option to switch listing style.', 8, 24, now(), NULL, NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),'),

( 'Product Listing Name Vertical Space', 'PRODUCT_NAME_VSPACE', '60', 'Name Vertical Space, sets vertical space for name + description in thumbnail.', 8, 20, now(), NULL, '', ''),

('Product Listing Image Vertical Space', 'PRODUCT_IMAGE_VSPACE', '130', 'Image Vertical Space, set to height of largest image in thumbnail.', 8, 20, now(), NULL, '', ''),

('Product Listing Price Size', 'PRODUCT_PRICE_SIZE', '3', 'Product Listing Price Font Size.', 8, 20, now(), NULL, '', ''),

( 'Product Listing Per Row', 'PRODUCTS_PER_ROW', '2', 'Number Of Products To List Per Row.', 8, 21, now(), NULL, '', '');

Sam

Contributions:

To remove that border look in your css file:

TABLE.productListing {

border: 1px;

border-style: solid;

border-color: #b6b7cb;

border-spacing: 1px;

}

Change to:

TABLE.productListing {

border: 0px;

border-style: solid;

border-color: #b6b7cb;

border-spacing: 0px;

}

;)

I tried this but it did not remove the border - any other suggestions?

Thanks

Hi, Sam,

I've download the V1.8 package. After the installation, I cannot see the configuration/Product Listing in the administration side. I have runned product_listing_setup.php and have saw that the configuration table had been changed... Why dosen't it show?

PS: When I turn to the list of products on my site, it shows un erreor:

1054 - Unknown column 'pd.short_desc' in 'field list'

select p.products_quantity, p.products_weight, p.products_model, m.manufacturers_name, pd.products_name, p.products_image, pd.short_desc, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '4' and p2c.categories_id = '10' order by pd.products_name limit 0, 20

Thanx for your help.

Edited by hoken

Please read the included instructions fully.

1. The settings appear under 'product listings' in admin.

2. You have not followed the install correctly, you have done a part that was only to be done if you have the short description mod specified, go over the install again.

Sam

Contributions:

Hi, sorry, that sql is incomplete, I said it was untested.

The complete listing should have been

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES('Product Listing Short Description', 'PRODUCT_SHORT_DESC', 'true', 'Display Product Short Description In Listing', 8, 16, now(), NULL, NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),'),('Product Listing Image Width', 'PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH', '140', 'Product Listing Image Width.', 8, 17, now(), NULL, '', ''),('Product Listing Box Width', 'PRODUCT_LIST_WIDTH', '200', 'Product Listing Box Width.', 8, 18, now(), NULL, '', ''),('Product Listing Box Height', 'PRODUCT_LIST_HEIGHT', '250', 'Product Listing Box Height.', 8, 19, now(), NULL, '', ''),('Product Listing Buy Now / Details Button', 'LISTING_BUTTON', 'none', 'Display a ‘Buy Now’, ‘Details’ Button or Both', 8, 22, now(), NULL, NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''none'', ''buy now'', ''small buy now'', ''details'', ''buy now & details''),'),('Product Listing Manufacturers Description', 'MANU_DESCRIPTION', 'true', 'Display Manufacturers Description In Listing', 8, 16, now(), NULL, NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),'),('Product Listing Headings', 'LISTING_HEADINGS', 'false', 'Show Listing Column Headings (false prevents user sorting listing).', 8, 23, now(), NULL, NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),'),('Product Listing Style', 'PRODUCT_THUMBNAIL_VIEW', 'thumbnails', 'Product Listing As Thumbnails, Product List or Manufacturer List. Straight or block list.', 8, 15, now(), NULL, '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''list'', ''list in blocks'', ''thumbnails'', ''thumbnails in grid'', ''manufacturer'', ''manufacturer in blocks''),'),('Product Listing Style Switch', 'LISTING_SWITCH', 'true', 'Provide the user the option to switch listing style.', 8, 24, now(), NULL, NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),'),

Sam

Contributions:

Great Contribution and Thank you

what file controls the default main pages product layout? I need to put the item name to top of the product photo on the new products box on the index page...

also my products_new.php isnt working I get a blank page..

Thank You for your help

SAM

can u help me with these questions.. in this image help.jpg ..

1) How can i remove the category image listed as 1

2) How can i get a nice border look.. i am not using the graphic border option.. but i was wondering if i can use a nice css colour scheme for the border.. instead of that hard old html look

3) How can i move that from the bottom and place it to the top of listing ??? Also can i change the listing to 5, 10, etc .. instead of starting at 20 ?

Now with this second image help2.jpg

How show the full image size instead of the scretched small one and also the cut out one.. i want to show the full image i have there..

And lastly with this image help3.jpg ..

how can i get the Category headings there to be in a nice border thingy like the rest..

please advise.