• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

nope.. its in the www.bscphoto.com/catalog site.

thanks for coming back SPOOK

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

just so you can see.. here is my css from your contribution.. where ever it defines a text align, it says center, so i am unsure as to where to change this.

/*product listing thumbnails*/
infoBoxProducts {
 text-align: center;
 border: solid 1px #999999; 
 font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
 font-size: 10px;
 font-weight: normal;
 background-color: transparent;
 color: #333333;
 margin-bottom:-8px;
}
infoBoxProducts a {
}
TD.infoBoxGrid {
 border: 1px;
 border-style: solid;
 border-color: #b6b7cb;
 border-spacing: 1px;
}
/* set pos buy/details button on list */
img.buy_now {  
 margin-bottom:10px;
} 
/* set pos buy/details button on thumbnail */
img.thm_buy_now {
 margin-bottom:-3px;
} 
/* set style buy/details seperator thumbnail */
buy_now {
 font-weight: bold;
font-size: 18px;
color: #999999;
} 
infoBoxList {
border: ridge 4px #faf0e6;
border-collapse: collapse;
background-color: #000000;
}
thumbcontent {
 color:#666666;
 text-align:center;
}
TD.noborderbox {
  background-color: #000000;
}

I thought maybe it was in the box class, but i am not good at reading those classes.

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

My store is so customised that I'm scared to add the files in! Is there a way to manually edit each file? Including the ones added? I really don't want to mess up my store right now!

Thanks!

Correction, I just added it! It worked out semi-ok, except for on my index page... my new products aren't showing, only one product shows. Plus, which contrib do I use for the short descriptions please?

thanks as always

SPACE FOR RENT!

That is odd that it changed the quantity of new products listing.. maybe check you admin settings to see if there is a default setting that got changed.

As for the short descriptions, he added a link right in the contribution description for it.. its kinda easy to add..

Just a little note, if you are ever worried about uploading a completely new file, you can use a comparisson program like WinMerge(for windows users) or Diffmerge (for mac) they basically show you the files side by side and highlight where there are differences... you will see differennces on both sides, but you just want to change where it shows there is something on the contribution page that your page doesnt have, you dont really want to take anything out unless it the contribution code replaces your existing code, and even then you have to be careful because there might be other contribution's coding in that code..

The more contributions you add, the more difficult it is going to be to add others, but it is doable, and it teaches you more and more about coding

That is odd that it changed the quantity of new products listing.. maybe check you admin settings to see if there is a default setting that got changed.

As for the short descriptions, he added a link right in the contribution description for it.. its kinda easy to add..

Just a little note, if you are ever worried about uploading a completely new file, you can use a comparisson program like WinMerge(for windows users) or Diffmerge (for mac) they basically show you the files side by side and highlight where there are differences... you will see differennces on both sides, but you just want to change where it shows there is something on the contribution page that your page doesnt have, you dont really want to take anything out unless it the contribution code replaces your existing code, and even then you have to be careful because there might be other contribution's coding in that code..

The more contributions you add, the more difficult it is going to be to add others, but it is doable, and it teaches you more and more about coding

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll defo look into that. Ok, from looking into stuff a lil deeper, I figured something out. The new products listing shows products ONLY from the very first category. hmmm... I'll have to work around it I guess... I'll post what I find...

SPACE FOR RENT!

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll defo look into that. Ok, from looking into stuff a lil deeper, I figured something out. The new products listing shows products ONLY from the very first category. hmmm... I'll have to work around it I guess... I'll post what I find...

So I installed this contrib, but it wasn't exactly as I had hoped it would be unfourtunatly... How would I uninstall if please?

please excuse me if this sounds rude.

SPACE FOR RENT!

Edited by spooks

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

I can't see why its not centering, I`ve tested on a test server & cannot reproduce, it always centers.

You could try this change:

(product_listing.php)

line 341:

'params' => $style . ' width="'.(PRODUCTS_PER_ROW ? (100/PRODUCTS_PER_ROW) : '').'%" valign="top"',

change to:

'params' => $style . ' width="'.(PRODUCTS_PER_ROW ? (100/PRODUCTS_PER_ROW) : '').'%" align="center" valign="top"',

have my doubts though.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Correction, I just added it! It worked out semi-ok, except for on my index page... my new products aren't showing, only one product shows. Plus, which contrib do I use for the short descriptions please?

thanks as always

If you check the instructions it state that a date limit is added & the code is commented, if you alter that you will get more.

Sam

Contributions:

hmm i made that change and still nothing. i guess i could just use the file name as the product name and hide the model> That is not impossible for me to do...

It still shows as aligned left though.. Odd.. atleast i dont feel like an idiot for not being able to do it!!!

btw, i am still waiting on osc moderators to help me get a sponsorship in your name

There is one other thing to try:

find(320):

$display .= $model;

replace with:

$display .= '<table summary="" width="100%" ><tr><td class="thumbcontent">'.$model.'</td></tr></table>';

Also check your model fields don't contain trailing spaces.

Sam

Contributions:

nope.. my model fields are just IMG_001 (the same as the file name in my computer)

yes, still no change!! how freaking weird.. i literally did not touch ANY of your code, just so you know.. Should i undo the FIRST change you asked me to make to see if then it will center it..????

Edited by lindsayanng

You might as well delete the first as it do nutn,

Its double weard if name is centered, as thats the same effectivly???

Sam

Contributions:

i KNOW.. let me get into my admin and double check that the product name is centered, but i am 99% sure it was last time i messed with it

OOPS i lied.. now the product name is showing justified left too..

Hi Sam,

I'm having a little trouble with this module. I have added the appropriate text and files as listed in the .txt file included with the download.

I did the intall and configured my settings, but neither my product nor the listing box show up on my index page.

I only have one product, no categories, and no manufacturers.

I'm suspicious that the problem is not with the product listing module, but with the product itself because nothing appeared in the standard "New products for September" list either.

Any help on this would be great! Thanks!

Chad

This is entirly due to the queries applied in index.php, they require that products are within categories, if you have no categories you will get no product listing, also search will not work.

Either modify index.php & search pages to correct this, or, much simpler, put your products in categories.

Sam

Contributions:

This is entirly due to the queries applied in index.php, they require that products are within categories, if you have no categories you will get no product listing, also search will not work.

Either modify index.php & search pages to correct this, or, much simpler, put your products in categories.

Thanks Sam,

I did put the product into a category, but I still get nothing. :(

Chad

What does it show when you view that category?

Sam

Contributions:

Oooops, I`m blind!!!

It is your css, you have no style applied, thats why!!!

You have:

infoBoxProducts {

}

etc

it should be:

.infoBoxProducts {

}

That full stop is imperitive!!

Check the rest of your css as well

;)

Sam

Contributions:

What does it show when you view that category?

It shows the product in the category but not on the main page.

I tried installing this mod into a fresh (unmodified version) of osCommerce on a test site I have. It does the same thing. It will show the product on the categories page, but not on the main page.

http://respsimplified.com/html//catalog/

I would expect the box to show up under "Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?"

But nothing.

Chad

Thats not what you said to start, you said no product listing at all.

Have you read the section in the instructions that says:

You can also apply the thumbnail display to the new_products module & products_new page. NOTE: These files have an extra date function, original will just list product to set limit, this adds a max age for product (default is 60days) to change edit the commented line.

And have you edited accordingly??

Sam

Contributions:

i love you sam.. my site looks AWESOME now with that little change.. it also inspired me to make a change inthe colors (not that i can see the changes i make!!!)

Really though, you freaking ROCK THE HOUSE!!!

Now i need to find where the code calls for that details button because i have to make it a png.

$button = (LISTING_BUTTON != 'none' && PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW ? (LISTING_BUTTON == 'buy now & details' ? '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button($buypic, IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW, 'class="thm_buy_now"') . '</a> <span class="buy_now">|</span> ' . $link . tep_image_button('button_details_small.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_DETAILS, 'class="thm_buy_now"') . '</a><br><br>' : (strstr(LISTING_BUTTON, 'buy now') ? '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button($buypic, IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a><br><br>' : '<br>' . $link . tep_image_button('button_details.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_DETAILS) . '</a><br><br>' )) : ' ');

Sam

Contributions: