• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

Hi, I was having an issue where it was pulling the image to display from the first additional image if there was any additional images as I have that contrib installed and Spooks advised me to comment out that one line in products_listing.php. That did solve that issue, however, it is still creating distorted thumbnails. It appears to be using the small image and mutating it so it is distorted and out of proportion. Any suggestions??

additional images seems to alter the defualt image, which is the one used if you have additional images disabled. The image width only is set by the 'Product Listing Image Width' setting in admin, so if its a small image, reduce that setting to it don't get streched, or set a blank value, so the image size is used.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

additional images seems to alter the defualt image, which is the one used if you have additional images disabled. The image width only is set by the 'Product Listing Image Width' setting in admin, so if its a small image, reduce that setting to it don't get streched, or set a blank value, so the image size is used.

Setting the 'Product Listing Image Width' to a blank value did it! My images look great now!

Thank you!!!!!

Hey there guys. I was hoping that someone could tell me how to remove the manufacturer's drop down menu.

i am setting up a photography store and since all the photos come form on photographer, and the prints are from one printer, there is NO NEED to have manufacturers as an option.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

In column_left.php

find:

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
echo tep_cache_manufacturers_box();
 } else {
include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturers.php');
 }

and comment out, or remove.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

i meant the dropdown menu that shows on my product listing pages.. not the actual manufacturers box.

In my subcategories that had a product in it, manufacturers were showing.. That was because i still have the default products in there that had manufacturers applied.. so it seems as long as i dont apply a manufacturer to a product, it will not show.. AWESOME.. sorry for the stupid question. I just went through and deleted all the stock products

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Hi All

I also have this problem (as previously posted) where the contents are distorted in thumbnail view, regardless of settings I try in admin. I also tried blank for the product listing image width. List view is perfect. I do have Ultra Pics for product info...don't know if that might be the cause of the distortion. My URL is here.

Thanks in advance, for any help.

Its the opposite, images are distorted in list mode as both width & height are set, but not in thumbnail as only width is set, compare the image proportions in the listing against that of full image (zoom mode)

Sam

Contributions:

Its the opposite, images are distorted in list mode as both width & height are set, but not in thumbnail as only width is set, compare the image proportions in the listing against that of full image (zoom mode)

Hi Spooks, thanks for the quick reply.

Where would I compare image proportions ? Also, in admin there is no setting for product listing image height, only width. Is that right ?

Undistorted image here

Distorted here

Yes, only image width is set to stop image getting distorted.

If you don`t care about distortion (your customers might!!)

to set both, in produc_listing.php find (295):

$image = (!$grid && $column_list[0] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' ? '<br>' : '') . $link . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, ($addimages ? (tep_not_null($selected_image['images_description']) ? $selected_image['images_description'] : (tep_not_null($selected_image['products_image_description']) ? $selected_image['products_image_description'] : $products['products_name'])) : $products['products_name']), PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH, '') . '</a>' . '<br>';

Replace with:

$image = (!$grid && $column_list[0] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' ? '<br>' : '') . $link . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, ($addimages ? (tep_not_null($selected_image['images_description']) ? $selected_image['images_description'] : (tep_not_null($selected_image['products_image_description']) ? $selected_image['products_image_description'] : $products['products_name'])) : $products['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>' . '<br>';

If you do care, in admin set SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT to blank (nothing).

Sam

Contributions:

I see your point. I would prefer the undistorted image.

What's bothering me is the line up of product name and product price across the boxes when the image size is different. Any way I could fix this ?

Thats what Product Listing Image Vertical Space is for, its detailed in the instructions.

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

The link to the download is here. I just downloaded it.

Thanks, but that's where I tried to get it, too... the URL I get is

http://de3.oscommerce.com/contributions/Pr...%20Enhancements

or

http://oscommerce.sunsite.dk/contributions...%20Enhancements

(which takes longer but same result)

I've tried it in Safari and Firefox from a Mac.

Thanks, but that's where I tried to get it, too... the URL I get is

http://de3.oscommerce.com/contributions/Pr...%20Enhancements

or

http://oscommerce.sunsite.dk/contributions...%20Enhancements

(which takes longer but same result)

I've tried it in Safari and Firefox from a Mac.

Post your email address. I will try to mail it to you as an attachment.

ok> i have been trying to customize this to fit the new site that i am working with, and i have to say that this contribution TOTALLY rocks!

Anyways, i was able to remove the price from the listing, but i CAN NOT figure out how to replace the product name with the model. i guess its not a huge deal, i can make the name and model the same thing. The thing is, i am selling prints of images, so there is not price or NAME for the images, just attributes for them and a file name/number.. So the image SHOULD be BFC_001 for Branscombe family cats image number 1. This way i can always find it on my cpu when it comes time to order the prints.

i also need to align the model or product name to center.. i THOUGHT i did it, but apparently i touched the wrong code.

And finally, i THINK i found the answer to this above, i just wanted to clarify. I want to make the spacing between the image, model number, and buy now buttons a LOT smaller.. is that done with this: Product Listing Image Vertical Space

ok.. nevermind. I realized that i was THINKIGN about my old version on my other site, not realizing the controls were riht there in admin. Spooks, this really is the PERFECT product listing contributon. SOOO EASY.

Anyways, i am still haveing issues centering the model name that i have showing. I also need to remove the sort order completely. It just doesnt make sense to have it there since the ONLY thing that is shown is the image and the details button.

see here:

bscphoto product listing

ok.. i still need to try to center just the model number .. i can NOT figure it out..

yes it does.. if you choose the option in the admin to hide product name and show model number.. that is what i have because i am selling prints of images and there are SOO many and i need the model number to be shown because it corresponds to the file name.

yes it does.. if you choose the option in the admin to hide product name and show model number.. that is what i have because i am selling prints of images and there are SOO many and i need the model number to be shown because it corresponds to the file name.

Hi, been away, but back now!!

Model number should be centered in thumbnail, have you checked your css, what site is this on, not your ffs site?

Sam

Contributions: