• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

You've missed a section of the install out, do that & error gone!!

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

In the install instructions I have a question about the following text:

You can select block mode display in list/manufacturer listings similar to the 'new products' display. Thumbnail also has a pure 'grid' mode, there is same additional css for that.

You can also apply the thumbnail display to the new_products module & products_new page. NOTE: These files have an exrta date function, original will just list product to set limit, this adds a max age for product (default is 60days) to change edit the commented line. These files display image, name, manufacturer & price only, they will not display any 'special price' as that may be illegal in your country.

Can someone explain to me what would be illegal? I would like to have the special pricing show up in the new_products.php and products_new.php pages. Can someone tell me what I need to do to add the special pricing to those pages?

Thanks

It depends on your country, but the law in the UK states that you may not offer any product at a 'reduced' price until it has already been on sale at your store for a higher price for a period of not less than 28 days.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

It depends on your country, but the law in the UK states that you may not offer any product at a 'reduced' price until it has already been on sale at your store for a higher price for a period of not less than 28 days.

IC IC! Well I want to make sure that I am displaying the right information so what would you suggest I do with the specials infobox possibly showing a product in the new items but both will have different pricing?

Also I think I found a bug in the products_new.php page that you included. In the sort order pull down I have 4 fields the first being Date added, if you click on another say Product Nmae Reverse, the Dated added disappears and you can not longer re-sort the items by date added. I am getting used to the php world so I tried some different things to fix but was unsuccessful. Any help with that too.

Also had a problem with the products_new.php page pulling the text defines for the sort form from the Filename_default or index.php in language. I had to add the following to the includes->languages->english->products_new.php:

//  ******  Copied below from Index.php because could not get the require to work for Fileanme_default  *********
 define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'Model');
 define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name');
 define('TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER', 'Manufacturer');
 define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Quantity');
 define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'Price');
 define('TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT', 'Weight');
?>

Btw I really like the features of this add-on. Keep the improvements coming!

Also I think I found a bug in the products_new.php page that you included. In the sort order pull down I have 4 fields the first being Date added, if you click on another say Product Nmae Reverse, the Dated added disappears and you can not longer re-sort the items by date added.

Its not a bug but a feature, the default for products_new.php is sort by Date added, but there is no heading for that, this has added the sort options, but as no option was there before to select Date added, its still not there now.

Also had a problem with the products_new.php page pulling the text defines for the sort form from the Filename_default or index.php in language.

Your right, this is a bug I had'nt spotted, I'll look into it in time.

Sam

Contributions:

Yes, I can see your page has errors, If your wanting help then please start a new thread for that, its not a subject for this one.

Sam

Contributions:

Yes, I can see your page has errors, If your wanting help then please start a new thread for that, its not a subject for this one.

Sam I am using

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings V1.8

this contribution , and decide to reply here as a part of this add on

Specialls in not part of this contrib, nor will it be effected by it.

Sam

Contributions:

Hi,

I've had a few problems when implementing this contribution which I am hoping you can help with:

1. If I sort by price it is the NET price that seems to be sorted and not the GROSS price. Therefore if I have mixed products in a category i.e. Kids/Adults where kids are Zero Rated VAT the NET price for the adults is appearing before the price of the kids. I.e. £24.99 is showing before £22.99 as £21.27 is the gross of £24.99. Is there a fix for this? - I am guessing that a query just needs to be changed somewhere so it multiplies by the VAT rate (if applicable)

2. If I filter by a manufacturer the data is filtered as expected. If I then try to sort on these values, i.e. by Price the screen takes me back to a list of all the products and the sort is reverted back to Product Name. The sorting doesn't appear to work when the filter is used. I don't think I've done anything wrong on the install? - is this a known issue?

3. If I am not on the 1st page of results i.e. Page 2 and I try to apply the price sorting it doesn't work. However if I go back to Page 1, apply the sort and then go to page 2 it works.

I'd be really grateful if you can confirm if these are bugs and how I should fix them?

Many thanks

Mike!

Sam I know it is not in cotrb. but I just asked how to effect on special.php

Oh, thats not what you said, you just asked to look at specials. Always be clear what your asking, there are few phycics here.

I have no plans to incorporate specials, but there is noithing stopping you from doing so if your able.

Sam

Contributions:

1. If I sort by price it is the NET price that seems to be sorted and not the GROSS price. Therefore if I have mixed products in a category i.e. Kids/Adults where kids are Zero Rated VAT the NET price for the adults is appearing before the price of the kids. I.e. £24.99 is showing before £22.99 as £21.27 is the gross of £24.99. Is there a fix for this? - I am guessing that a query just needs to be changed somewhere so it multiplies by the VAT rate (if applicable)

This contrib is about display, it does not alter the applied queries, so the original price order is by final price as set in index.php, yes that does not allow for varying tax rates, I think for that issue to be addresses would mean a new contrib.

2. If I filter by a manufacturer the data is filtered as expected. If I then try to sort on these values, i.e. by Price the screen takes me back to a list of all the products and the sort is reverted back to Product Name. The sorting doesn't appear to work when the filter is used. I don't think I've done anything wrong on the install? - is this a known issue?

Not a bug I've seen, I suspect your loosing some of the $_GET, do you have seo url's on??

3. If I am not on the 1st page of results i.e. Page 2 and I try to apply the price sorting it doesn't work. However if I go back to Page 1, apply the sort and then go to page 2 it works.

same answer.

Sam

Contributions:

Hi,

Thank you for a wonderful contrib! I am wondering if I did something wrong or if I have a setting off somewhere. I have the Additional Images contrib installed as well and if I use the setting "thumbnail" it pulls the first additional image that I have added for the product and displays that instead of the main image for the product. If I have it set to listing view it is fine. Any ideas???

Thanks!

support for additional images is added to this contib, but I don't have that so rersults may vary, especially as there are variations in versions of additional images.

It is supposed to pick the medium size image, does it not do that?

If you wish to disable support, find in product_listing.php (289)

$addimages = (file_exists(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'displayimages.php')); // Additional Images Present

and comment out the line.

Sam

Contributions:

support for additional images is added to this contib, but I don't have that so rersults may vary, especially as there are variations in versions of additional images.

It is supposed to pick the medium size image, does it not do that?

If you wish to disable support, find in product_listing.php (289)

$addimages = (file_exists(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'displayimages.php')); // Additional Images Present

and comment out the line.

Thank you so much, that worked as far as it now brings up the correct image. However, I am noticing that some, not all, of the thumbnails are pretty tiny and I can't seem to figure out why. I thought it had something to do with the additional images thing, but as I look at it, I realize some of the products don't have any extra images, so I don't think that is causing it. Any thoughts on that one??

Thanks again for your help!!

i had installed product thumbnail listing v 1.1 to serve my purposes, but realized there was no page settings for x number of results on a page. I asked spooks, and he said that i should upgrade to product listin enhancements, thumbnails, and manufacturer headings v 1.8. He told me that i could run the update file and that would be it.

The old version worked perfectly minus the page issue, now that i have upgraded, i have distorted thumbnails, some are enlarged, and others are shrunk. i have the following admin settings:

admin.gif

and the following results (first two are distorted and enlarged way bigger than 110 pixels wide and second one is shrunken...all images are the exact same original size)

product.gif

I am running the on the fly thumbnailer contribution, but it worked fine with the original product thumbnail listing 1.1 contribution, so im not sure if there were changes made in how the product_listing.php gets the thumbnail from that version to this? Anyone with an idea or clue on where to start looking, I would thoroughly appreciate the time.

Why have you got settings at zero?? Set them to appropriate values as per the instructions.

Sam

Contributions:

Why have you got settings at zero?? Set them to appropriate values as per the instructions.

Sam, I would like to add the Model number to the products_new.php page so it looks similar to the product listing page, can you give me some help with that? I am assuming that is the way it was intended and not an error in my install.

Thanks

It displays as detailed in the instructions...

If you wish to add model:

add:

'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,

to column list, and:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
		$lc_align = 'center';
		$lc_text = ' ' . $listing['products_model'] . ' ';
		break;

To column select, and:

p.products_model,

to the query

Sam

Contributions:

Hi Spooks, thanks for a great contrib.

I have the Ultra Pics mod and Featured Products 161 with STS 453 instructions mod instead of the new products box on the homepage. Would it be possible to use your contrib for featured products module only and keep Ultra pics listing elsewhere ?

Hi Spooks, thanks for a great contrib.

I have the Ultra Pics mod and Featured Products 161 with STS 453 instructions mod instead of the new products box on the homepage. Would it be possible to use your contrib for featured products module only and keep Ultra pics listing elsewhere ?

I have no plans to incorporate the featured products module into this contrib, but there is nothing stopping you from doing so if your able.

Sam

Contributions:

It displays as detailed in the instructions...

If you wish to add model:

add:

'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,

to column list, and:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
		$lc_align = 'center';
		$lc_text = ' ' . $listing['products_model'] . ' ';
		break;

To column select, and:

p.products_model,

to the query

Ah thanks! Even though I have been trying to figure out how to do this for the last day and a half, I can at least feel good that I was looking at this part of the code the whole time. Its a slow process but I'm learning.

Thanks again!