• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

hey there.. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the product listing thumbnails OR the short descriptions, but i FINALLY got into installing the short descriptions (THAT WAS A PAIN IN THE BUTT!), and everything on the admin side seems to be there just fine, but they are not showing up in my product lists.

I am going to post in the short descriptions one too, but if you think you can help, PLEASE let me know.. i'm not sure where the error is.

Oh yea, and the short description DOES show up when i do a search for that product, just not in the listing.

Edited by lindsayanng

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

If your talking about product_listing, did you add the line in index.php?

Around 170 after:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':

$select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';

break;

}

}

if you have the short desciption mod add:

$select_column_list .= 'pd.short_desc, ';

And change the setting in admin to have it displayed?

;)

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Its set in admin, & instructions are in the package.

Product Listing Style (default thumbnail ) Use Thumbnail view, Manufacturer Listing or old List View. Also select 'Block' or 'Grid' mode.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

ok, just so everyone knows.. It was MY MISTAKE and i installed the WRONG contribution.. the reason why it is not working

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Hi, Thank you for the update to this contribution ... can't wait to update to the newest version.

Quick Question: I'm using Thumbnail Grid view. How difficult would it be to have an ADD TO CART button rather than the BUY NOW button? I just feel that the Buy Now and Details buttons take you to the same page.... just a thought.

thanks again

mac

Edited by mac2me

Assuming you have the standard set of buttons, if you change Product Listing Buy Now / Details Button to 'buy now' you will get the ADD TO CART button, but no details button.

The ADD TO CART & BUY NOW buttons do the same thing, Details button takes you to the product page.

Sam

Contributions:

Assuming you have the standard set of buttons, if you change Product Listing Buy Now / Details Button to 'buy now' you will get the ADD TO CART button, but no details button.

The ADD TO CART & BUY NOW buttons do the same thing, Details button takes you to the product page.

Thanks for your reply. Something must be funky with my OScomm setup as when I click on BUY NOW I get the product page. I'll take a look through my pages --- appreciate the insight. :rolleyes:

mac

Opps, yes it got missed, use the one from 1.4, there are no settup changes since then anyway.

Sam

Contributions:

hi sam

i have install your contri (v1.5a) but i get the error:

1146 - Table 'hermsentege.TABLE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES' doesn't exist

SELECT ai.medium_images, ai.images_description, ai.popup_images, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_description FROM TABLE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES ai, products p WHERE ai.products_id=p.products_id and ai.products_id = '28'

[TEP STOP]

and i run the setup file

hi sam

i have install your contri (v1.5a) but i get the error:

1146 - Table 'hermsentege.TABLE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES' doesn't exist

SELECT ai.medium_images, ai.images_description, ai.popup_images, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_description FROM TABLE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES ai, products p WHERE ai.products_id=p.products_id and ai.products_id = '28'

[TEP STOP]

and i run the setup file

Oh!! in product_listing.php on line 222 at test is made for the file: displayimages.php in classes, thats used by the Additional Images contrib.

It seems you have that file installed, but not the rest of that contrib!!

To fix in product_listing.php find: (222)

$addimages = (file_exists(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'displayimages.php')); // Additional Images Present

replace with:

$addimages = false;

Sam

Contributions:

Hi, think your contrib is absolutely fantastic!

1) I would like to know if it is at all possible to do Product Listing by Category ( rather than as Manufacturer like in your example manufacture_listing+Block_Mode.jpg)

2) would also rather the products thumbnail grid layout.

Any chance the current contribution can be manipulated for the above to use categories in the thumbnail grid layout?

thanks

mac

um.. doesn't it do BOTH of those things?? When you click categories, if there is an item in that category, it will come up (unless in a sub-category) and the grid is standard for this..

well i was hoping it would show each category in it's own box ( like it does with manufacturer listing) for main categories.

In the oscomm admin I do see where you can enable the category/manufacturer filter but only seems to allow for manufacturer .

Any ideas how I would make the category show in their own box like the manufacturer?

thanks

The original concept for the file is that you have already drilled down through the categories so are only showing product within a specific category, when it shows manufacturer its generally showing that for a specific category.

When a parent category is selected, index.php shows the sub-categories plus the new_products module.

The only circumstance where there will be multiple categories is iether a manufacturer has been selected prior to category or a search done.

I'll take a look, if its not going to take too much change.

Sam

Contributions:

The original concept for the file is that you have already drilled down through the categories so are only showing product within a specific category, when it shows manufacturer its generally showing that for a specific category.

When a parent category is selected, index.php shows the sub-categories plus the new_products module.

The only circumstance where there will be multiple categories is iether a manufacturer has been selected prior to category or a search done.

I'll take a look, if its not going to take too much change.

Yes, your explaination above makes it all a bit clearer for me. I guess I am looking for the catalog/product_new.php to list the new products from all ( or only pre-determined ) categories just like you've displayed them in the manufacturer listing layout.

thanks

mac

Yes, your explaination above makes it all a bit clearer for me. I guess I am looking for the catalog/product_new.php to list the new products from all ( or only pre-determined ) categories just like you've displayed them in the manufacturer listing layout.

thanks

mac

Pehaps what your looking for is Featured Products

Sam

Contributions:

New Version 1.5b uploaded

Minor Update, Added Category Name/Manufacturer Name to headings in thumbnail/list modes

Changed files: product_listing.php

Sam

Contributions:

New Version 1.6 uploaded

Added pull down for sort order

Added pull down for max results per page, values based on multiples of the 'Search Results' value in admin. For simplicity the 'Show All' just puts a figure of 1000000.

Changed files: product_listing.php plus modifications to index.php & manufacturers.php. See installation for details.

If you wish to set the default sort order see: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=308798&hl=

:)

Sam

Contributions:

Wow this mod keeps growing and growing. Great work Sam.

Just wondering if you considered adding the following:

If the item has reviews, have average review stars display for the product and perhaps a number of reviews like:

***** (32 reviews)

And perhaps if the item has free shipping have it display a free shipping notice?

Just some ideas I am throwing around. :)

Sincerely

Mike

Sam,

With the modifications that you gave me to use SPPC, can I upgrade to 1.6 ?

:rolleyes:

Yes pretty much:

Find (293)

while ($products = tep_db_fetch_array($listing_query)) {

Replace with:

$no_of_listings = tep_db_num_rows($listing_query);

if(isset($_SESSION['sppc_customer_group_id']) && $_SESSION['sppc_customer_group_id'] != '0') {
 $customer_group_id = $_SESSION['sppc_customer_group_id'];
 } else {
  $customer_group_id = '0';
 }

while ($_listing = tep_db_fetch_array($listing_query)) {
$listing[] = $_listing;
$list_of_prdct_ids[] = $_listing['products_id'];
}

if ($customer_group_id != '0') {
 $pg_query = tep_db_query("select pg.products_id, customers_group_price as price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " pg where products_id in (" . implode(',', $list_of_prdct_ids) . ") and pg.customers_group_id = '" . $customer_group_id . "'");

while ($pg_array = tep_db_fetch_array($pg_query)) {
$new_prices[] = array ('products_id' => $pg_array['products_id'], 'products_price' => $pg_array['price'], 'specials_new_products_price' => '', 'final_price' => $pg_array['price']);
}
for ($x = 0; $x < $no_of_listings; $x++) {
  if(!empty($new_prices)) {
	for ($i = 0; $i < count($new_prices); $i++) {
		if( $listing[$x]['products_id'] == $new_prices[$i]['products_id'] ) {
			$listing[$x]['products_price'] = $new_prices[$i]['products_price'];
			$listing[$x]['final_price'] = $new_prices[$i]['final_price'];
		  }
	  }
	} // end if(!empty($new_prices)
$listing[$x]['specials_new_products_price'] = ''; // makes sure that a retail specials price doesn't carry over to another customer group
$listing[$x]['final_price'] = $listing[$x]['products_price']; // final price should not be the retail special price
  } 
} 

$specials_query = tep_db_query("select products_id, specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where products_id in (" . implode(',', $list_of_prdct_ids) . ") and status = '1' and customers_group_id = '" . $customer_group_id . "'");
while ($specials_array = tep_db_fetch_array($specials_query)) {
$new_s_prices[] = array ('products_id' => $specials_array['products_id'], 'products_price' => '', 'specials_new_products_price' => $specials_array['specials_new_products_price'] , 'final_price' => $specials_array['specials_new_products_price']);
}

// add the correct specials_new_products_price and replace final_price
for ($x = 0; $x < $no_of_listings; $x++) {
if(!empty($new_s_prices)) {
	for ($i = 0; $i < count($new_s_prices); $i++) {
		if( $listing[$x]['products_id'] == $new_s_prices[$i]['products_id'] ) {
		$listing[$x]['specials_new_products_price'] = $new_s_prices[$i]['specials_new_products_price'];
		$listing[$x]['final_price'] = $new_s_prices[$i]['final_price'];
		}
	}
  } // end if(!empty($new_s_prices)
} // end for ($x = 0; $x < $no_of_listings; $x++)

reset($listing);
 while (list($key, $products) = each($listing)) {

Sam

Contributions:

Wow this mod keeps growing and growing. Great work Sam.

Just wondering if you considered adding the following:

If the item has reviews, have average review stars display for the product and perhaps a number of reviews like:

***** (32 reviews)

And perhaps if the item has free shipping have it display a free shipping notice?

Just some ideas I am throwing around. :)

Not something I`ve considered. You don`t want things to get too cluttered, its not a replacement for product_info.

Also if you put in too much the added queries may become an issue in a large store.

Still I`ll see if there's much interest.

Sam

Contributions: