• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

New Version 1.2 Uploaded

Added option of buy now & details button together on thumbnails page.

Added model option to thumbnails page..

Added extra image test for 'Additional Images'.

Added standard style-able boxes, so you can set the style of the image boxes and the containing box.

Incorporated 'easy graphic borders', so if you've installed that, it will use the set style. (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1702).

Fixed the split page results for all displays.

Added missing install instruction (in index.php).

UPGRADING

If your upgading from any previous version, run the new setup file, it will make any required changes.

There are some additional css files with this install too.

Additional instructions appear at the end of the install instructions.

I hope there's no bugs, but lots of changes so one might creep in.

;)

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

To remove that border look in your css file:

TABLE.productListing {

border: 1px;

border-style: solid;

border-color: #b6b7cb;

border-spacing: 1px;

}

Change to:

TABLE.productListing {

border: 0px;

border-style: solid;

border-color: #b6b7cb;

border-spacing: 0px;

}

;)

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Please keep your posts 'on topic'

Your page size is 700k (massive) enable compression at least, & make pics smaller

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=303628

Sam

Contributions:

Please keep your posts 'on topic'

Your page size is 700k (massive) enable compression at least, & make pics smaller

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=303628

Hello Sam,

Sorry for that.

I am new to this forum and i want response from you or from Mike (because u guys respond very quickly), that's why i posted in this topic.

Thanks for sharing the related forum link.

Kart.

how come there are two options for upload.. theres the 1.2 and 1.2 a??? Are we supposed to upload BOTH??

I am upgrading from the manufacturers, but i did not have the package with the buy now AND details option. Do i still have to just run the setup file and fix the css? or should i have to do more??

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

New Version 1.2 Uploaded

Added option of buy now & details button together on thumbnails page.

Added model option to thumbnails page..

Added extra image test for 'Additional Images'.

Added standard style-able boxes, so you can set the style of the image boxes and the containing box.

Incorporated 'easy graphic borders', so if you've installed that, it will use the set style. (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1702).

Fixed the split page results for all displays.

Added missing install instruction (in index.php).

UPGRADING

If your upgading from any previous version, run the new setup file, it will make any required changes.

There are some additional css files with this install too.

Additional instructions appear at the end of the install instructions.

I hope there's no bugs, but lots of changes so one might creep in.

;)

Hello Sam,

I have installed this latest V2 and it worked really great. So far so good.

Please advice if anything you know the other information about my website page loading..it is taking still much time after followed your early message.

--

Thanks.

Kart

nevermind. I just ran the product_listing_setup.php file and everything went just fine. I just want to make sure that there are no other things that i need to upload or change other than possibly the css.

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

what image is the thumbnail listing using for the buy now button? when i updated, i didnt get any buy now button to show.. I looked in the code, but there is so much there iw ould be scared to mess with it.

Both buy now buttons are standard osC.

Small one is: includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_buy_now.gif

Large one is: includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_in_cart.gif

If you need it, details button is:

includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_details.gif

If you select both, it uses the small buy now with the new small details:

includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_details_small.gif

Have you tried using the product_listing.php from 1.2a yet?

Does it select images OK now, it checks both medium size before reverting to osC standard.

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

how come there are two options for upload.. theres the 1.2 and 1.2 a??? Are we supposed to upload BOTH??

I am upgrading from the manufacturers, but i did not have the package with the buy now AND details option. Do i still have to just run the setup file and fix the css? or should i have to do more??

We're out of step time wise, something to do with the atlantic I think!

1.2a is a bug fixed 1.2, its full package so you can just use that.

Sam

Contributions:

Hi Sam

I am trying to add your contribution but have a conflict in code as I have Header Tag Controller contribution installed, could you please check to see if you think I have updated my code correctly.

this is on manufacturers.php

Your code

Find near 45

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
         $manufacturers_url_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_url'];
         $language_id = $languages[$i]['id'];

$sql_data_array = array('manufacturers_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($manufacturers_url_array[$language_id]));

Replace With:

$sql_data_array = array('manufacturers_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['manufacturers_url'][$language_id]),
	            'manufacturers_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['manufacturers_description'][$language_id]));

This is my code (I have Header Tags Controller contribution installed)

//HTC BOC
         $manufacturers_htc_title_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_htc_title_tag'];
         $manufacturers_htc_desc_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_htc_desc_tag'];
         $manufacturers_htc_keywords_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag'];
         $manufacturers_htc_description_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_htc_description'];
         //HTC EOC

//HTC BOC
         $sql_data_array = array('manufacturers_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($manufacturers_url_array[$language_id]),
          'manufacturers_htc_title_tag' => (tep_not_null($manufacturers_htc_title_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($manufacturers_htc_title_array[$language_id]) : $manufacturers_name),
          'manufacturers_htc_desc_tag' => (tep_not_null($manufacturers_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($manufacturers_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) : $manufacturers_name),
          'manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag' => (tep_not_null($manufacturers_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($manufacturers_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) : $manufacturers_name),
          'manufacturers_htc_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($manufacturers_htc_description_array[$language_id]));
         //HTC EOC 

Replace with this?

//HTC BOC
         $manufacturers_htc_title_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_htc_title_tag'];
         $manufacturers_htc_desc_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_htc_desc_tag'];
         $manufacturers_htc_keywords_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag'];
         $manufacturers_htc_description_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_htc_description'];
         //HTC EOC

//HTC BOC
         $sql_data_array = array('manufacturers_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['manufacturers_url'][$language_id]),
	            'manufacturers_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['manufacturers_description'][$language_id])),
          'manufacturers_htc_title_tag' => (tep_not_null($manufacturers_htc_title_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($manufacturers_htc_title_array[$language_id]) : $manufacturers_name),
          'manufacturers_htc_desc_tag' => (tep_not_null($manufacturers_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($manufacturers_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) : $manufacturers_name),
          'manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag' => (tep_not_null($manufacturers_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($manufacturers_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) : $manufacturers_name),
          'manufacturers_htc_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($manufacturers_htc_description_array[$language_id]));
         //HTC EOC

Thanks

Frank

p.s

Couldn't believe the amount of interest this contribution has attracted in such a small amount of time, looks like it's really in demand - well done

It looks OK, I`m surprised the Header Tag Controller contribution retained use of the temporary arrays ($manufacturers_htc_title_array etc), I know thats the way the original was written, but they're unneccessary, thats why I removed them.

But then I prefer clean efficient code, I`m sure they must have had a reason?

I have another version, adds extra options to thumbnails mode, it'll be up soon, but otherwise make sure you use 1.2a stops a bug you might see on search.

;)

Cheers

Sam

Contributions:

well, i got BOTH of the details and buy now buttons to show. I am using the same buy now and details as the product info, not the small ones.

HOWEVER it is still only choosing the super small thumbnail image for the products that only have one image.

It looks OK, I`m surprised the Header Tag Controller contribution retained use of the temporary arrays ($manufacturers_htc_title_array etc), I know thats the way the original was written, but they're unneccessary, thats why I removed them.

But then I prefer clean efficient code, I`m sure they must have had a reason?

I have another version, adds extra options to thumbnails mode, it'll be up soon, but otherwise make sure you use 1.2a stops a bug you might see on search.

;)

Cheers

Hello Sam,

I installed the V1.2 last day and now i have to install V1.2a as it is messing the page view if no products were selected.

Do i need to check follow again all the steps in V1.2a or is there any specific step to install ?

--

Thanks in Advance.

Kart.

Hello Sam,

I installed the V1.2 last day and now i have to install V1.2a as it is messing the page view if no products were selected.

Do i need to check follow again all the steps in V1.2a or is there any specific step to install ?

--

Thanks in Advance.

Kart.

Hello Sam,

Sorry for confusion, i checked clearly and copied the product_listing.php only and it worked. Thanks for your great contribution. It really worked very well for me.

--

Thanks.

Kart

Hi Sam,

thanks for contribution, I installed it pretty easy and it looks like it works fine.

I just want to add you in you "think about" list:

1. I have as probably many of us Header Tag SEO installed, and I had same question as Frank regarding change of manufacturers.php:

Find near 45

$sql_data_array = array('manufacturers_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($manufacturers_url_array[$language_id]));

Replace With:

'manufacturers_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['manufacturers_description'][$language_id]));

I just didn't do this change, but it looks like it works anyway, or at least I didn't notice what's wrong.

2. I noticed that when i played around and swicth between Buy Now and Details buttons, it showed me Add to card button instead of Buy Now. (before I switched to both it showed correct Buy Now button). I don't know, but it looked like it saved wrong button in configuration.Well, I switched to "NONE", then back to Buy Now and that fixed it.

Thanks for contribution!

Oh, I got one question: Is it possible to show same style (for example thumbnails and Buy Now button) in a "New products for ..." box on a home page?

Thanks again!

Computers777dotcom

well, i got BOTH of the details and buy now buttons to show. I am using the same buy now and details as the product info, not the small ones.

HOWEVER it is still only choosing the super small thumbnail image for the products that only have one image.

Sorry, I missed a query out, easy to miss stuff when you can't test.

Should work ok no in V1.3, just uploaded.

Sam

Contributions:

Uploaded V1.3

Modified Thumbnails routine, now it will obey the set order, so you can set the position order (vertically) of everything in the thumbnail (buy now buttons always below though)

Added manufacturer name, quantity & weight options to the thumbnail.

Added admin option to disable user style switch.

Added additional css for button positioning.

Added missing query for 'Additional Images'.

Changed files: product_listing.php, product_listing_setup.php css entries.

Its growing!!

:)

Sam

Contributions:

Hi Sam,

Wow this mod is sure growing and receiving lots of attention. :) Great job!

Quick question regarding the border going around the whole content.

I removed border: 1px solid #cccccc; from:

.infoBox {

background: #ffffff;

border: 1px solid #cccccc;

}

This removed the border but the only problem is that it removed the border from other places on my site which is needed. Are you able to help me change the code on the product_listing.php to use another css?

thanks

Sincerely

Mike

Not so simple, the info box style work as it is a infobox, so you have to make it something else.

Add to classes/boxes:

class noborderBox extends tableBox {

function noborderBox($contents) {

$this->table_cellpadding = '0';

$this->table_cellspacing = '3';

$this->table_data_parameters = 'class="noborderBox"';

$this->tableBox($contents, true);

}

}

Add to css

TD.noborderbox {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

}

In latest version of product_listing.php

find:

if ($gborders) new noborderBox($info_box_contents); else new contentBox($info_box_contents);

change to:

new noborderBox($info_box_contents);

Hope that helps.

;)

Sam

Contributions:

Some setting are saved while the listing pages are being viewed so the user settings remain, so if you change in admin you need to goto say product page then back to ensure settings are reset & take your new admin setting.

The manufacturer changes are for the manufacturers description, thier entirly optional, if you dont do them it wont break anyhting.

B)

Sam

Contributions:

Thanks Sam for great contribution,

I installed v 1.3 and noticed strange thing right away: somehow it shows weight in Kg. Before weight was LB. Strange. Also it shows weight 0, I don't know why, probably rounding or something else.

So, I just disable weight show option (good to have it there! :) )

Computers777dotcom

well, i uploaded the 1.3v product_listing.php to my modules file and ran the setup, it said the update was successfull.> I still have the super small thumbnails for the certificates

oh yea, and my details button is not showing in the product listing.. I have a button_details.gif image in the catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons folder.. Where is it trying to pull that button from? i double checked to make sur ei didnt change the name on the image too, and it is the same. It was showing the details button just fine before.