• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings

spooks

Hello Mike,

Thanks for immediate response.

I have checked it and not able to findout where it is in admin/configuration/Product Listing . Before installing this contribution i had this option like product listing max : 20 (or something like that) and now it was not there.

Now i have option like "Location of Prev/Next Navigation Bar (1-top, 2-bottom, 3-both) : 1" and even this also not working and i changed 2 and 3 but no one is working in this. You can check the live site at www.firstalberta.com/index.php

Please assist.

--

Thanks,

Kart.

So you don't see this option: Maximum Products per Page ?

If not I'd re-run the setup file.

Sincerely

Mike

Hello Mike,

Thanks for immediate response.

I have checked it and not able to findout where it is in admin/configuration/Product Listing . Before installing this contribution i had this option like product listing max : 20 (or something like that) and now it was not there.

Now i have option like "Location of Prev/Next Navigation Bar (1-top, 2-bottom, 3-both) : 1" and even this also not working and i changed 2 and 3 but no one is working in this. You can check the live site at www.firstalberta.com/index.php

Please assist.

--

Thanks,

Kart.

Hey Kart,

Was just at your site, very nice products you have there but can I recommend having the music stop after it is done the first round, it is a bit annoying hearing it keep replaying.... just a tip. :)

Sincerely

Mike

So you don't see this option: Maximum Products per Page ?

If not I'd re-run the setup file.

Hello Mike,

Very grateful for your quick responses.

I have the below options in admin/configuration/product_listing

Display Product Manufaturer Name 0

Display Product Model 3

Display Product Name 2

Display Product Price 4

Display Product Quantity 0

Display Product Weight 0

Display Buy Now column 5

Display Category/Manufacturer Filter (0=disable; 1=enable) 0

Location of Prev/Next Navigation Bar (1-top, 2-bottom, 3-both) 1

Product Listing Style thumbnails

Product Listing Short Description true

Product Listing Manufacturers Description false

Product Listing Image Width 100

Product Listing Box Width 180

Product Listing Box Height 150

Product Listing Price Size 0

Product Listing Per Row 3

Product Listing Buy Now / Details Button details

Product Listing Headings true

Please let me know if i need to re-reun the setup again means from which step i have to run in this contribution.

--

Thanks,

Kart.

Hello Mike,

Very grateful for your quick responses.

I have the below options in admin/configuration/product_listing

Display Product Manufaturer Name 0

Display Product Model 3

Display Product Name 2

Display Product Price 4

Display Product Quantity 0

Display Product Weight 0

Display Buy Now column 5

Display Category/Manufacturer Filter (0=disable; 1=enable) 0

Location of Prev/Next Navigation Bar (1-top, 2-bottom, 3-both) 1

Product Listing Style thumbnails

Product Listing Short Description true

Product Listing Manufacturers Description false

Product Listing Image Width 100

Product Listing Box Width 180

Product Listing Box Height 150

Product Listing Price Size 0

Product Listing Per Row 3

Product Listing Buy Now / Details Button details

Product Listing Headings true

Please let me know if i need to re-reun the setup again means from which step i have to run in this contribution.

--

Thanks,

Kart.

Yep, this option is definitely missing, I'd try rerunning it to see what happens.

Sincerely

Mike

Hey Kart,

Was just at your site, very nice products you have there but can I recommend having the music stop after it is done the first round, it is a bit annoying hearing it keep replaying.... just a tip. :)

Hello Mike,

It was a very good suggestion and i taught the same about the flash music but the client needs the continous annoying sound. :lol:

Thanks for visting to my first osCommerce site.

Kart.

Hi, just spotted this, been busy elswhere, there is currently no option for multiple pages for large list other than selecting product listing style to 'list' in admin, which returns you display to the original design.

I will work on an update, but its somewhat more complex with the new listing, so it wont be immediate, but at least you can go back with above for now if its a problem.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Hi, just spotted this, been busy elswhere, there is currently no option for multiple pages for large list other than selecting product listing style to 'list' in admin, which returns you display to the original design.

I will work on an update, but its somewhat more complex with the new listing, so it wont be immediate, but at least you can go back with above for now if its a problem.

Hello Sam,

Thanks for looking into the issue.

Sure i will wait for your update and i will also try to make it and meanwhile if you find something just remem to shoot me.

--

Thanks,

Kart.

Hi, I`ve done some of the Graphical Borders install on a site, some nice effects but I don`t like the current install, it assumes you want a load of stuff without talking about it & add loads of extra queries to do so. I think I might write a new install for it, get rid of all the extras so just the graphics stuff.

I`ll do an update for Product Listing to allow for it, as I could right it to use the Graphical Borders stuff automatically if its installed. In the mean time all you need do is:

where I gave you:

$border2 = '<table class="infoBoxManu" width="100%"><tr><td>';
$border2end = '</td></tr></table>';

before, instead put:

$border2 = mws_boxHeader ();
$border2end = mws_boxFooter ();

& the rest is the same.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

hey, i'm having the same issue that i had before with the additional images contribution. I am getting blurry images for the products that do not have the additional images added. The products like my gift certificates, who only need one image, are TRYING to use the other image so i think its just stretching the small one, making it REALLY blurry. You can see here:

Gift Certificates

But if you look here, you can see the products that use the additional images contribution come up perfect:

Sugar glider Cage Pouches

I cant remember the fix we had for that.. Can you PLEASE tell me again what to do.. SORRY.

BTW, this is a GREAT contribution. I LOVE IT, and as soon as i get my manufacturers box up and have more than one manufacturer, this is going to be GREAT.

THANKS

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Hi,

I`ve developed it further, I`ve sorted the issue with split page results for all displays & now have the results in style-able boxes, so you can set the style of the image boxes and the containing box, plus incorporated 'graphic borders', so if you've installed that, it will use the set style. That'll be up tommorrow after further testing.

The image it uses is the meduim size if it exists, otherwise it'll revert to the osC standard, you said your Gift Certificates had no extra images, so I assume what is showing is the osC standard, is that not whats happening?

Sam

Contributions:

i am not too sure. It seems to be showing the small image, but stretching it to the medium image size, since i do not have a medium image. Its not a big deal for me to upload a medium image to the file page, but if i can use the oscommerce standard, that would be better.

Take a look at the link above, you can see where it gets distorted.

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

I'd like to get rid of the main border that goes around the content of the page (around all the products) which code do I need to modify? :)

Also I am trying to change the look of the layout of the products but I am having a heck of a time, I attached an image of how I am trying to get the thumnail to view.

Is any one for hire :)

layout.gif

This is currently how our featured products display.

Sincerely

Mike

i am not too sure. It seems to be showing the small image, but stretching it to the medium image size, since i do not have a medium image. Its not a big deal for me to upload a medium image to the file page, but if i can use the oscommerce standard, that would be better.

Take a look at the link above, you can see where it gets distorted.

Looking at that page I got your certificate in a infobox too & saw its just 50x22, you've set Product Listing Image Width to 140, so as there`s no medium & the default is 50x22 thats what is shows, but stretched to 140 wide.

If you change Product Listing Image Width to null (ie nothing in the entry) it will leave all images at thier original size, that would fix for your certificates but might mess the rest up unless all your other images are the same size & not too big.

I can't see there's anything I could change in the program that would help, it can only work with the images you give it & settings you put.

;)

Sam

Contributions:

well, making that change now uses the super small thumbnail image for them and it looks kinda silly because they are smaller than my buttons. Which i guess means that it is doing the function correctly because there is only one thumbnail and one larger image. I am wondering if i could upload the medium image without having to have it show on my product info.

well, making that change now uses the super small thumbnail image for them and it looks kinda silly because they are smaller than my buttons. Which i guess means that it is doing the function correctly because there is only one thumbnail and one larger image. I am wondering if i could upload the medium image without having to have it show on my product info.

What image is product_info using, is it one of the exrta images?

Sam

Contributions:

the product info is using the large image that i upload to the product description page, and a thumbnail is automatically made (or atleast thats what the guy told me who installed that contribution) So it is using the thumbnail to list the products, and medium sized image on the product detail page. If you look at the image name and path, the small image in the product listing is 45gift.jpg and and the medium image is named 45giftm.jpg

the product info is using the large image that i upload to the product description page, and a thumbnail is automatically made (or atleast thats what the guy told me who installed that contribution) So it is using the thumbnail to list the products, and medium sized image on the product detail page. If you look at the image name and path, the small image in the product listing is 45gift.jpg and and the medium image is named 45giftm.jpg

Just looked at the multi image code again & noted that there are two medium images (did'nt spot before), there`s ai.medium_images and p.products_image_med I assume one is created by the code?, I could modify the code to try ai.medium_images first, then reverting to p.products_image_med then standard osC if not existing

Sam

Contributions:

I'd like to get rid of the main border that goes around the content of the page (around all the products) which code do I need to modify? :)

Also I am trying to change the look of the layout of the products but I am having a heck of a time, I attached an image of how I am trying to get the thumnail to view.

Is any one for hire :)

layout.gif

This is currently how our featured products display.

Hello Mike,

Good Morning!

I have surprised after seeing your screenshot of the products page, it looks great.

I am not getting the Model no. on the products page and changed the model no. sort order in admin as 1,2, 3 etc.., but no use. (pls check www.firstalberta.com)

Can you assist ?

--

Thanks,

Kart.

the ai would be the image created by the additional images contribution i would guess.. Sheesh i WISH i did that one myself.

So if it is usuaing the ai one, but no ai image exists, it is going to use the super small thumbnail??

Like i said, i dont mind doing a work around to upload two picutures and just not have it show on the product info, but i would prefer not to have to.

Also, i noticed that you can choose buy now, small buy now button, details, no button but you can not chooes BOTH. I would LIKE to have both buy now and details to show .. I can probably do it with simple coding.. Could you add a snipped of what you did to get yours that way?

Also, i noticed that you can choose buy now, small buy now button, details, no button but you can not chooes BOTH. I would LIKE to have both buy now and details to show .. I can probably do it with simple coding.. Could you add a snipped of what you did to get yours that way?

I added it to our site. I added a "MORE INFO" text to the right of the buy now button. If you need a hand with it let me know. I attached an image so you can see.

Also in the image I have an arrow pointing to a border that I'd like to remove. Anyone know how to do this? Also I've noticed everything is shifting to the right. Anyone know how to fix this? I added a second image that shows when I have just 1 product in the category it gets pushed to the right.

borderremove.gif

stopshiftright.gif

thanks for the hand.

Sincerely

Mike

Hello Mike,

Good Morning!

I have surprised after seeing your screenshot of the products page, it looks great.

I am not getting the Model no. on the products page and changed the model no. sort order in admin as 1,2, 3 etc.., but no use. (pls check www.firstalberta.com)

Can you assist ?

--

Thanks,

Kart.

thank you.

I actually tried adding the sku (model #) myself and it isn't working for myself as well.

Sincerely

Mike

Does anyone know why the code below isn't working for me:

$border2 = mws_boxHeader ($manufacturer['manufacturers_name']);

Its for displaying the manufacturers name in the header of my info/manufacturer boxes. This works:

$border2 = mws_boxHeader ('enter your text here');

But this just displays the words "enter your text here" in the header of each manufactuer box. I need to display the manufacturers name. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Does anyone know why the code below isn't working for me:

$border2 = mws_boxHeader ($manufacturer['manufacturers_name']);

Its for displaying the manufacturers name in the header of my info/manufacturer boxes. This works:

$border2 = mws_boxHeader ('enter your text here');

But this just displays the words "enter your text here" in the header of each manufactuer box. I need to display the manufacturers name. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Perhaps your doing it in wrong place, anyone new version very soon with that included.

Sam

Contributions: