• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

WANTED !

Hey everyone,

I am NOT a php programmer, but I know that many of you are well qualified capable programmers. So, here is my wish list:

1) Need a Discount Coupon Code Contribution

2) Need a Log in to see Prices Contribution

3) Need a No Buy Button if qty Zero Contribution

4) Need a Matching Products Contribution

And.............BEFORE you think, we already have those contributions.........the above contributions MUST be compatible with SPPC 4.2.1a ( Separate Pricing Per Customer by Jan Zonjee )

Because of the extreme complexity of SPPC, it is obvious that if someone wants to integrate SPPC and utilize the above contributions that modifications to the above contributions have to be made to accommodate SPPC. Having said that, I REALLY need to use the above for a customer site I am configuring but I have not been successful at all and have given up hope that I will be able to do the site my customer has requested.

My only choice at this time is to remove the SPPC contribution, and install the other 4 because I know they are compatible with each other. BUT I would like to try to grant my customers wishes by having them all work.

Anyone who has written, is thinking about writing or re-writing the above contributions........NOW would be a good time

Thank You

Chris

, I REALLY need to use the above for a customer site I am configuring but I have not been successful at all and have given up hope that I will be able to do the site my customer has requested.

Here are 2 alternative solutions.

Contact your customer and explain that you are not skilled enough to do such mods and that he/she should rather find a new developer who is.

- or -

Pay someone qualified to do the mods for you, and your client will never know and just think that you did it yourself.

Edited by Jumping Rabbit

i agree with the above statement.. If you can't even impliment a contribution that has VERY specific instructions, and understand a LITTLE of the code (enough to get by) then you should turn it over to someone else.. I know that if I were paying you to do my site, i would be VERY pissed if you felt that way about php..

OR you can buy some books and read and mess around.. so long as they do not have a time frame for things

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Wow ladies, thanks for the positive feedback.

I didn't say I was php illiterate ! I have a certificate in web development and took php in college. HOWEVER, if you know the SPPC contribution........you would understand that it affects all aspects of oscommerce and implementing any of the 4 other contributions on my wish list will involve hours of hard coding.........I was just suggesting that perhaps new versions of the 'wish list' contributions could be written to be more compatible with SPPC.

But hey, thanks again for the feedback. People can always rely on Lindsay to give attitude instead of help. Take a happy pill Lindsay, lifes too short to be miserable all the time. ;)

wow.. and I need to take a pill?? I am on this board as MUCH as i can just so that i can TRY to give back what i get out of it.. I hardly EVER have an attitude, and NEVER like you had just given me.. SO leave the personal attacks at the door and look at the facts.. Your customer wants something that you don't THINK you can do and you are asking WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT.. So.. the answer is get someone else to do it or read up some more and educate yourself so you CAN do it.. I also didn't say ANYHTING different than what the FIRST person posted but you decided to attack me . NICE.. VERY NICE.. I was offering real world advice since you didnt have a specific question, but instead asked for advice.

So we didnt know that you had a "certificate" in web developing.. HOW would ANYONE know that from your post.. Because you implimented the SPPC contribution??

So if you already have SPPC uploaded, then hard coding will HAVE to take palce, but it DOESNT have to be as difficult as you think. if you get a program to compare your code with the "replacement files" that they give you in the other contributions, then you can just tweek them yourself.. OR you can contact the developer of each contribution and ask for help..

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

hey, again.......thanks for your comments. My certificate in web development compliments my degree in computer science. I see your comments on the board all the time. Sometimes useful, sometimes not so much.

I guess what I am saying is, perhaps if you have nothing really to contribute to a post than maybe saying nothing is better ??

Chris

i did contribute.. you asked opinions.. you dont have to LIKE them.. this is a forum, an open place to discuss things.. i keep ALL of my posts on topic and answer ANY question I can and NEVER make a remark without supplying an answer.. so really, DONT jump on me because you didnt like my answer.. I will still say it.. If you dont feel like you can handle it you have two options..

I`m always put off when someone posts with a shopping list, says this is what I want for free so someone give it me!!

Reading the thread it seams its actually just laziness, you start saying you cant code, but then say you learnt at school & university!!

Have you even tried modifying things to fix, or perhaps considered a rewrite yourself.

NB Nice Attitude, it`ll get you far!!

:rolleyes:

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.