• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to download add-ons?

jennybb

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jennybb

I had the same problem then it was suggested I use a different browser (currently using Safari / Mac OS 10.5) such as Firefox. I can now download add-ons and feel much better for it!! Hope that this helps!

I should be so lucky! Don't even know how to run an SQL script. I can get to phpMyAdmin via my server but what do I do with the .sql file I download from the add-on site once I'm there?? :blush: (Sorry but I'm the newbies' newbie!)

I should be so lucky! Don't even know how to run an SQL script. I can get to phpMyAdmin via my server but what do I do with the .sql file I download from the add-on site once I'm there?? :blush: (Sorry but I'm the newbies' newbie!)

There is an add on called Run SQL that, when once installed, lets you run the sql file from your stores admin.

Otherwise, when in phpmyadmin, you select the database if have too, then near the top left there is a little sql icon. Click on the icon and you can either browse for the sql file or copy and paste the contents of the sql file.

Edited by Coopco

Hi

Thanks very much no-one's replied to my other posts b 4 now :) - I'm going to check out that addo-on it sounds like just what I need! However right now I think I have even more fundamental hurdles to get over!! I want to list a 'category' say fabric X and the have drop down menus for the 'style' and then another for 'size', obviously osC then has to ascribe the price I set for that particular permutation of the product in fabric X. Ideally I would have a number of these drop down menus so that a customer could (all on one page) choose fabric, style and size (leaving osC to tell the price). Is this a bridge too far - do I have to make my customers click their fingers off to buy my stuff?? Any pointers gladly received Coopco. ps hope all's well with you.

Kind regards

TW

Hi

Thanks very much no-one's replied to my other posts b 4 now :) - I'm going to check out that addo-on it sounds like just what I need! However right now I think I have even more fundamental hurdles to get over!! I want to list a 'category' say fabric X and the have drop down menus for the 'style' and then another for 'size', obviously osC then has to ascribe the price I set for that particular permutation of the product in fabric X. Ideally I would have a number of these drop down menus so that a customer could (all on one page) choose fabric, style and size (leaving osC to tell the price). Is this a bridge too far - do I have to make my customers click their fingers off to buy my stuff?? Any pointers gladly received Coopco. ps hope all's well with you.

Kind regards

TW

In admin catalag there is product attributes. You can use that to specify the name of the attributes and then you assign them to the products that you want to display those attributes. It won't actually calculate a new price, unless you use the feature that I haven't used. If you set say a small size at one price, a bigger size can add an extra cost to the product price.

I did some stuff like that and ended up selling multiple numbers of shoes for the price of one! :rolleyes:

May be I'm asking too much of osC?

Meantime, do I paste the text from the .sql file (in this case called 'Anti Robot Registration 2.5_english.sql') into the section on that add-on you mention where it says "############SQL query here;##################" (this is add-on = 'Run SQL query without phpmyadmin insalled on server' )?

do you have a site I can check out Coopco?

I did some stuff like that and ended up selling multiple numbers of shoes for the price of one! :rolleyes:

May be I'm asking too much of osC?

Meantime, do I paste the text from the .sql file (in this case called 'Anti Robot Registration 2.5_english.sql') into the section on that add-on you mention where it says "############SQL query here;##################" (this is add-on = 'Run SQL query without phpmyadmin insalled on server' )?

do you have a site I can check out Coopco?

The add on, when installed, says

Run SQL Script

This page will run a SQL file on RC2a_template database.

Click browse and select a SQL file you wish to run on your database. Then click Upload to process the file.

ATTENTION: Please backup your database before processing any SQL files.

CAREFUL: Performing SQL on your database could be harmful even if the SQL is correct. Please backup your database before uploading any scripts.

What you are describing sounds like phpmyadmin and you can copy the text contents to the box you mentioned, then press go to execute it.

Not allowed to post my site details, but they are in my profile.

No worries just checked it. I now know where to go for undies down under!

I installed the add-on but with nothing inside the quotes of the code that reads "############SQL query here;##################" in the add-on. I go to the page mysite/catalog/run_sql_query.php and it returns with: "Your database has been updated". What aren't I doing? Also I like the bit on your site where you changed Catagories to Our Products - how did you do that? Thanks! :D

No worries just checked it. I now know where to go for undies down under!

I installed the add-on but with nothing inside the quotes of the code that reads "############SQL query here;##################" in the add-on. I go to the page mysite/catalog/run_sql_query.php and it returns with: "Your database has been updated". What aren't I doing? Also I like the bit on your site where you changed Catagories to Our Products - how did you do that? Thanks! :D

The run_sql.php files are supposed to be in the admin not the catalog. The instuctions can be ambiguous where they say

1) Upload unique files in the /1_files_to_upload/catalog/ directory. It should have said

1) Upload unique files in the /1_files_to_upload/catalog/ admin/ . There are 3 files to go in different directories, one in admin, the others in directories in admin.

Not sure what you mean about that reads "############SQL query here;##################" in the add-on.

Changing the manufacturers name was fairly easy. I just did a search in the files and where it said manufacturers, if it was only text and not code, I changed it. It was posted a while ago, but I did that before the Manufacturers Box To Anything Box addon was created. Been meaning to check that one out.

Think I was talking about a different add-on so deleted that and uploaded the 3 files from the add-on I think you were talking about. B) Went to the page mysite/catalog/admin/run_sql.php and get this

Warning: main(includes/functions/FILENAME_RUN_SQL) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in mysite/catalog/admin/run_sql.php on line 15

Warning: main(includes/functions/FILENAME_RUN_SQL) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in mysite/catalog/admin/run_sql.php on line 15

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/FILENAME_RUN_SQL' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in mysite/catalog/admin/run_sql.php on line 15

:huh:

Any advice Coopoco? Many thanks!

Line 15

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS.FILENAME_RUN_SQL);

If the file is in admin/includes/functions then perhaps you have not done the part IV. File Changes in the install.txt document.

Run SQL now coming up in Admin Tools thanks to you I checked and re-installed!

but I then tried running a script and it said: 'Error: Destination not writeable'. Also tried uploading the script to phpMyadmin and got : ' No database selected'.

Any pointers if you are able.

Many thanks in advance!

Just checked back on my site and I get;

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'NAME_xe'@'magma.dns-systems.net' (using password: YES) in /home/NAME/htdocs/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

thank goodness I did a back up but..

What have I done!!

??

:o

but I then tried running a script and it said: 'Error: Destination not writeable'. Also tried uploading the script to phpMyadmin and got : ' No database selected'.

Many thanks in advance!

In phpmyadmin, you have to select the database before you can run anything.

Many thanks in advance!

Did you do this part of the add on?

If you add tables to your shop using this contribution, don't

forget to update the osCommerce backup page.

OPEN: admin/backup.php

then do the edits suggested?

database.php had no edits, what was the sql you were running?

In phpmyadmin, you have to select the database before you can run anything.

Sorry for the delay...

So this still applies even if I have RunSQL installed within osC? Thinking I may have to junk my site and start again! :-(

Sorry for the delay...

So this still applies even if I have RunSQL installed within osC? Thinking I may have to junk my site and start again! :-(

Not knowing if anything else is wrong, check that the database defines in both configure.php files are the same, or make them the same as the one in catalog/includes/

Oh Hi! Thanks. I'm beginning to freak about this cos the tech stuff is blowing my head off! I am wondering if I'll make my deadline at this rate. There seem to be a number of add ons that are essential to a 'modern' store and wouldn't mind paying for my basic configuration to be set up. Any views as to where I could go? :-)

Oh Hi! Thanks. I'm beginning to freak about this cos the tech stuff is blowing my head off! I am wondering if I'll make my deadline at this rate. There seem to be a number of add ons that are essential to a 'modern' store and wouldn't mind paying for my basic configuration to be set up. Any views as to where I could go? :-)

Can't comment, but google is good.