• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Reccomendations

joshcamerote

Hey everyone, im running os rc2a with the latest sts 4. I put my site up but there are a few things extra i wanted to add

1) the ability to add 1 extra picture to the product page

2)instead of product results coming back in a list fashion id like them in columns (like 4 across and 3 down per page)

3)add extra fields i can input data into when uploading a new product in the admin (like if im doing books, author,title,year, publisher)

i installed several different contributions that said they did the above and they all end up killing my site in some way and i have to reupload my backup.

two things id like to do but are not important as above is add tags to products and also put a "tell a friend" option in my product template.

so what im looking for is what works for you guys that does the things above with the setup i have and what your having success with

. Im not sure what works and what doesnt so far i have not had luck. Also maybe the best way to install things or the best order to install things from a fresh install.

thanks!

which contributions did you try that did not work? There are a few out there that do what you want, but with STS, your ability to add things will change.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

which contributions did you try that did not work? There are a few out there that do what you want, but with STS, your ability to add things will change.

for photo i used

additional photos 2.0

for the product fields i used

product extra fields 2.0j

and for the product listing table i used aca

thanks

have you visited the support thread for each of those to see what changed you might need to do to get it to work with the STS?

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

have you visited the support thread for each of those to see what changed you might need to do to get it to work with the STS?

that would be a good idea. i was hoping to see first if anyone had luck doing what i wanted to do with the setup i'm running but the best bet would be to visit those post for those addions and see if they can even work with sts

thanks.

yep. I have the addition images on my site and it works GREAT, but i do not have STS.. which MIGHT be your issue, i dont know.. I also just added an new contribution called product thumbnails, its in the contribution developement section. It looks great and is very easy to add to your site.. but again, the STS might make it different.

Archived