• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Q: block account?

I would like to be able to block accounts from login. Is there a way to block an account in OCS 2.2 due to a late payment?

I found the field "orders_date_finished" in table "orders", how is set and by which module/php-page?

/Fred

Go into the database and change the password.

You would also have to disable password_forgotten.

Another method would be to disable the email address by prefixing with @_ (it is easier to reverse this) but again, they could just create a new account.

Anyway, they could just create new accounts using different email addresses. So no solution I think. :cry:

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

• 1 month later...

FYI, I made a contribution (not published though) to solve this:

I added a new table in MySQL and a new page under admin/reports where all late orders (parameterized, default 30 days) are listed and where you also can block out a customer in the same report just be clicking on the late order.

When a customer is to login then I check if the customer is blocked out or not. If the account is blocked a red message is shown in the breadcrum letting the user know that the account is blocked out!

Simple and effective. This could easy be a part of the batch install of osc2.2. We only need one more field in customer table and some php code. I think this kind of functionality is important for a shop like this.

/Fred

FYI, I made a contribution (not published though) to solve this:

I added a new table in MySQL and a new page under admin/reports where all late orders (parameterized, default 30 days) are listed and where you also can block out a customer in the same report just be clicking on the late order.

When a customer is to login then I check if the customer is blocked out or not. If the account is blocked a red message is shown in the breadcrum letting the user know that the account is blocked out!

Simple and effective. This could easy be a part of the batch install of osc2.2. We only need one more field in customer table and some php code. I think this kind of functionality is important for a shop like this.

/Fred

C'mon Fred, be sporty!! If u are not keen on posting it as a contribution, please share it amongst ourselves.

Looking Forward,

Sunny

C'mon Fred, be sporty!!  If u are not keen on posting it as a contribution, please share it amongst ourselves.  

Looking Forward,

Sunny

I believe that is against the forum rules

I believe that is against the forum rules

:?:

Did I say anything wrong? What I meant was: If you think the code is not yet ripe to be a contrib., you can always just post the code into the forum so others can work on improving it too.

Didn't Ian C Wilson do the same with his sID killer all the time?

Sunny

/Fred

Sounds pretty ripe to me...

When I searched for a solution to this, I could not find anything out there.

I am not sure if there are any interest of this out there (please let me know). The solution is simple and effective plus you have an admin report listing late orders. The only thing is I am not sure if all the fields in all tables are used and by what so I added a new table "customers_blocked".

>Sounds pretty ripe to me...

Excuse me for my poor english ;), do you think the solution is ready to go public?

I am gathering all info on this ... to put into a package.

/Fred

Archived