• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Blank Page After Login (Random)---weird

dub3325

Hi Everyone,

I am having some weird issues with my OSC that I'm hoping someone can help with. I am a decent php developer but this is rackin my brain.

Problem:

After login, the user will sometimes experience a blank HTML page when navigating throughout the site....heres the catch....all of the code is still in the source code view, but it is still returning a blank page for me. All the user has to do is refresh the page, and bam....there it is. I've never really seen it before. The most common occurrence is when I navigate to the checkout area, then navigate back (which lead me to believe initially that it may have been an issue with https to http site.....but it still happens after that even when I'm navigating to non secure sections of the site). The problem does not happen, unless the user is logged in.

Login Info:

Here is a test account I created, so anyone that can help, can replicate the problem. Sometimes it happens quickly....sometimes it takes awhile for it to happen.

Username: [email protected]

Password: testing

URL: www.iloveono.com

This has not stopped the traffic or purchasing to my site, its just a minor inconvenience right now, that is really just getting to me. Any help would be excellent....thanks guys!

-V

Vetty

Chief Creative Officer

ONO Tea |

i logged in on the account given with no issues at all.. I am on firefox btw.

Beautiful site too!

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Heya,

Thanks a lot, the issue doesnt happen immediately when you login, but happens more when you keep navigating throughout the site....its random that it happens. Try viewing the source once you run into the problem :). Thanks for the compliments by the way.

-V

Vetty

Chief Creative Officer

ONO Tea |

Hey Vetty,

I was on your site logged in for about 3-5 mins and trying to click on as many links as I could...using FF2 and couldn't get the blank white page to come up...i'll keep testing......love the site btw :)

Vetty,

I went through your site and seemed to work ok...Just a thought go through your programs and remove any blank lines that are located at the end of your programs

sometimes this can cause problems...remember the code is interpreted not complied which can cause its own problems at run time...also maybe the page is timeing out...just some thoughts...

I hope this helps

Dittone

Hi, I was able to replicate the error going from

http://www.iloveono.com/shopping_cart.php (fine)

to

https://www.iloveono.com/checkout_shipping.php (blank page, but on refresh worked fine)

I'm using Internet Explorer (7.0.6000.16681) I was logged in and had the following in the basket:

Remove Product(s) Qty. Total 
 Ancient Pu-erh
- Size 2 oz  
 $8.99 
 ONO 5-Cup Teapot with Infuser  
 $44.99 
Sub-Total: $53.98

I then couldn't replicate it again after that. I hope that's of some help. I must say I was really impressed with your site. Did you code that from scratch yourself or purchase it as a template, I love the clean look. Nice one!!

yay....so I'm not crazy lol. Yea its odd that the blank page appears, and yet the source code is all still there....it's driving me crazy...and the fact that it is random also.

Thanks for the compliment, I did code it from scratch using some powerful OSC addons......STS mainly. I am a flash developer by trade...my first site was done in 100% flash, but then i found it to generate a lot of hits....but no conversions....so I went with a familiar look for my customers.

Vetty

Chief Creative Officer

ONO Tea |

Archived