• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Heavily Customised OSC goes live

tresseh

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am curious how such sweeping changes are made to the apearance...

such as totally different headers for the boxes, and the menu's across the top. Thus far, my cart is a generic OSC build, but I would much prefer to customize.. Being new to OSC, it's tough for me to see where to make the changes.

Hell, I even get confused at what some of the listings in the stylesheet are. :oops:

Any assitance would be great.

My site is: http://www.gameguys.cc/catalog2/default.php

I am curious how such sweeping changes are made to the apearance...

such as totally different headers for the boxes, and the menu's across the top.  Thus far, my cart is a generic OSC build, but I would much prefer to customize..   Being new to OSC, it's tough for me to see where to make the changes.

Hell, I even get confused at what some of the listings in the stylesheet are.    :oops:  

Any assitance would be great.

My site is:  http://www.gameguys.cc/catalog2/default.php

Individual box headings comes from the infobox header images contribution.

For stylesheets try a stylesheet editor that gives you a WYSIWYG style interface.

It will make a whole lot more sense when you see it this way.

CC.

For stylesheets try a stylesheet editor that gives you a WYSIWYG style interface.

It will make a whole lot more sense when you see it this way.

CC.

I can recommend Top Style for just that. I have been using the Lite version for about 2 years and finally purchased the Pro version a few months ago.

It makes .css life much easier. :)

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

• 2 months later...

I must admit, this is definitely in the top 10 of all OSC sites that I have ever seen!! 8)

Care to share the secret of how you got the gallery, forum, and link pages to integrate?? (At least they appear to be integrated, didn't want to snoop too much as I was 100% sure of the live status of the site...)

Regards,

Obewanz

---------------------------------------------

"The force is strong in this one..."

The GraphicZoo

check profile for web address

That site is put together beautifully and what brings the elements like the forum, links page and gallery together is the custom header and footer used across the site with the links in the menu header. I have the tools to make that kind of header, but haven't had the energy to go ahead and do it yet!

8)

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Menu Images in header is broken on first attemp on MouseOver [or on MM_swapImage().

I see you use JavaScript to call: function MM_preloadImages().

Better if you put JavaScript before body tag, in other words on head tag.

So you can call MM_preloadImages() on body tag, like:

<body onLoad="MM_preloadImages('your_images_directory/nav_r7_c2_f2.gif','your_images_directory/nav_r6_c2_f2.gif')">

Anyway, your site is very nice :wink:

This site is terrific. It is a model for how far one can take OSC from its usual format.

QUESTION: I am considering eventually integrating my future OSC site with phpBB. Did you use an OSC module to do that on your site, or was there something you found in phpBB that allowed you to accomplish it? Any advice you can offer to implement the phpBB system would be greatly appreciated.

Artisans of the Ironwork Guild

This site is terrific.  It is a model for how far one can take OSC from its usual format.

QUESTION:  I am considering eventually integrating my future OSC site with phpBB.  Did you use an OSC module to do that on your site, or was there something you found in phpBB that allowed you to accomplish it?  Any advice you can offer to implement the phpBB system would be greatly appreciated.

Two posts up, about the header/footer. Databases NOT integrated. There is another thread in contributions about the subject of complete integration, and it has been uploaded to the contributions downloads section too :)

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Very nice work on the customization. I noted the new theme for phpbb as well. As one who does custom work like this I can appreciate your efforts =)..

One note: When visiting other sections such as links, the link on Products in your header is broken. Should link to your main domain instead it links to /catalog which gives a page can not be displayed =)...

Great work though =)

very sweet! 8)

How did you get the product listing changed? I have been looking at the code for over an hour now.. I am trying to do something similar. its retarded that its image - price - description by default. Everything is hard coded and I am having a hard time getting it.

I dont suppose you woul like to share your product_listings.php would ya?

I'd appreciate your help, but I would understand if you don't.

Chris

Archived