• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Heavily Customised OSC goes live

tresseh

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something wrong with login.php. Field sizes for username and password are really small.

On new user sign up... telephone number was too small.

Next step... your account has been created is right justified for some reason.

Your Order Has Been Processed! is also right justified.

David - Have you registered as a customer and placed an order? This site is LIVE and has been handed over to the customer! Any orders placed through the site will be fulfilled by the site owner! If you are not intending to complete any order/s you may have put through, i need to be told so i can refer this information to the customer, otherwise they will try to complete your order.

In relation to the points you've raised - on both my testing platforms, the Buy Now feature works as i expect it to - im not sure if your just missing the addition to the cart - as "redirect user to shopping cart upon purchase" is set to false, to stop the customer having to find their way back out of the cart all the time.

The login box problem was a CSS mistake, this has been fixed - thank you for pointing it out to me!

Regards, Jay.

Oops. Yes, I did. Sorry, but as a tester I usually go too far. Hope there is no inconvenience.

Regards.

David - Have you registered as a customer and placed an order? This site is LIVE and has been handed over to the customer! Any orders placed through the site will be fulfilled by the site owner! If you are not intending to complete any order/s you may have put through, i need to be told so i can refer this information to the customer, otherwise they will try to complete your order.

In relation to the points you've raised - on both my testing platforms, the Buy Now feature works as i expect it to - im not sure if your just missing the addition to the cart - as "redirect user to shopping cart upon purchase" is set to false, to stop the customer having to find their way back out of the cart all the time.

The login box problem was a CSS mistake, this has been fixed - thank you for pointing it out to me!

Ippo, there is a contribution to display the shoppingcart in the statusbar.

As for the site, I looks very nice. :) Smooth, clever colorscheme (tranquil ... because of the blue), nice design.

Personally I'm not too keen on the large top images, but that's subjective. One thing though ... I believe the login and searchbox should be placed more prominently, not all the way down.

Anywayz, nice job!

Take care, Richard

I checked again, and it does not work in my browsers (IE6, Netscape6 Mozilla), the link points to www.l4leather.com/catalog/privacy.php", should this not be www.l4leather.com/privacy.php ???

Instant idiot......Just add mud !!

Very nice looks, but have you thought how heavy it gets when including so many high quality images in one page (frontpage!). Your opening page weights ca. 140 KB, which is in my standards a lot (I try to keep at least my entry page below 50-60 KB or so while many guide books recommend max 40 KB).

It took well over 100 seconds to open your first page and I have 1MB dsl connection..

gawan

David you are right with the privacy link, but that isnt what you posted in your first mention of the poor link.

You pointed at the conditions page.

George - Dont know where you are from, but I am on 1mb, and it dont take anywhere near as long as you have said in order to get the homepage up.

Think your DSL maybe a little slow today...

CC.

George - Dont know where you are from, but I am on 1mb, and it dont take anywhere near as long as you have said in order to get the homepage up.

Think your DSL maybe a little slow today...

CC.

You might be right, you never know what the current real speed. Nevertheless there are customers, that have max 56 kbps or 128 kbps...

CC.

Oops. I had a typo in my original post. I meant to write well over 10 seconds, not 100!

Tested again today (having untouched cache) - frontpage loaded in 16 seconds.

Thanks xe, i've made that adjustment :)

In terms of loading times, i've not had complaints about this before - the text is very quick to load on all of my test machines, and then the images load to produce a completely loaded index page within 10-15s depending on connection (56k through to duel ISDN). I have been looking into GZip, however im a litte baffled as to how this works...

Regards, Jay.

I live in the middle of nowhere and I am on an 'ok' 56k dial up. I love the site, and have had no problems with it loading. As you say the text loads fast so gives me something to look at and then the graphics load up quite quickly too.

I get turned off and click away from slow sites very quickly, never myself felt this with your site. Thats using two dial up isps i have as the speed varies with each one!!

HTH

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love the site - nice colors, clean layout, great graphics, and fast loading.

Good work!

I have to ask a few questions stemming from your site -

1. How did you get the categories/manufacturers to list out on your main page? Was this through a contribution or your own coding changes?

2. Is the login box at the bottom of the right side a contribution or your own code change as well?

Again, my compliments on a nice site.

Jim

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

I remember when you started this thread ... thought neat looking site, too bad it's a dog on speed. :shock:

But, with the changes you have made, it is way faster now, and worth another look see :onfire:

Did you add in the gzip? Or did you optimize in other ways?

Well I have to disagree. 70 seconds before the background appears and it starts to load is too slow for me! Admittedly it only took 1 more second to load completely. This is on broadband using IE6.0.28 fyi from London so it isn't line spead. I had thought it might be a server problem or perhaps you were hosting your site in China but maybe it is gzip :?

Loaded really fast for me, I am on a cable modem, but it is usually pretty slow actually since it is on a home network and my son is ALWAYS downloading very large files, and usually more than one at a time. :lol:

I was impressed at how fast it popped up actually, and I haven't been to the site in quite a while and have cleared cache many times, so it wasn't already in cache on my browser.

Debbie

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Archived