• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is it illegal to resell osCommerce?

noname1981

The seller need not make any changes and can still sell osC. If I found someone is willing to pay me I could sell them the cart without making any changes at any time. The GPL allows anyone to sell the software as is, renamed to a new name (without changes) or anything else. What you can not do is change the licensing, encrypt the logic or remove any of the copyrights.cheersPeter

Good point Peter, thanks for the clarification.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Im not an OScommerce pro so im not even 100% sure that this site is actually selling it or if its something else, but with what i know of OSC i think its what he selling as "My webbshop", re-branded and changed copyright to himself.

The page is in Swedish with some pieces of English (the one who drives the site is a real scammer and are currently under "investigation" in this thread; https: // www . flashback . org/t1638445 )

And here is the page selling the webshop: www.min-ebutik.se/catalog/

If im wrong or out of line you are welcome to remove my post biggrin.png

regards Emil

• 3 months later...

I don't think so, reselling the osCommerce website is ill-eagle. May be copyright can create the issue.

As mentioned above several times, it is LEGAL to sell osCommerce as long as the GPL (GNU) is not violated.

Chris

Archived