• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal doesn't work!

brad11

I used to have paypal IPN installed and working fine... then one day it stopped working (Paypal stopped listing the users shipping address). After messing around with it I decided to just scrap IPN (since my client doesn't log in to osCommerce to check orders, but uses Paypal to process everything, I don't really care if osCommerce keeps track of the orders or not). So now I'm using the paypal module that came with v2.2 RC2 and it's not working any better.

When I run a test and submit an order it works fine. But somehow I keep getting orders from people that come to Paypal which runs the CC for whatever amount, but doesn't list what items they ordered. Here's an example of what paypal shows me:

Item Amount: $63.95 USD

Shipping: $8.31 USD

Handling: $0.00 USD

Quantity: 1

Item Title: IHRIM Publications

Date: Jun. 17, 2008

Time: 13:36:15 PDT

The item title "IHRIM Publications" is my store name... and this customer obviously ordered about 3-4 items... but I have no idea what they were, we have to contact them to find out what we already billed them for!!!

I don't need bells or whistles... all I need is to be able for my customers to order items and have those items show up in paypal. Can anyone help me do this?

Thanks in advance!

-Brad

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue - and it's really starting to frustrate me.

As a workaround, you can look up the order on your Admin panel & print an itemized invoice.

try the PayPal IPN contributions & do the search on this forum as I have described several time before how to fix the issue!

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Thanks for replying.

I've been searching for "paypal" "rc2" "itemize" & various other related terms for the last two days & have seen your responses. (I've also read the documentation for RC2, which states that the new PayPal Standard payment module replaces the old PayPal IPN payment module.)

I downloaded the latest version of the PayPal IPN contribution - osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v2.3.4 - (which says it is for OsCommerce v2.2 MS2, but doesn't mention RC2). I'm using OsCommerce v2.2 RC2a - which I was forced to upgrade to when my web host switched me to a new server with a new version of MySQL & OsCommerce stopped working. I used to have PayPal IPN installed & it worked great for years.

So I uploaded the various files for the latest PayPal IPN contrib. to my website, according to the installation instructions - although I'm not quite sure if I should be removing the PayPal Standard payment module first (the instructions say to remove any existing PayPal IPN module, which I don't have - but since PayPal Standard is supposed to have replaced PayPal IPN, I'm not sure.) All of the file names are different, so I'm thinking it should just show up as an additional module. Anyway, I did a chmod to make the file permissions match the existing files in those directories, so everything should be good.

When I log in to my OsCommerce Admin panel & go to the payment modules section, PayPal IPN is nowhere to be found. So that's where I'm stopped.

Funny thing, the RC2 PayPal Standard payment module is working perfectly, except for the inability to pass an itemized order to PayPal. Otherwise, it is doing exactly what the PayPal IPN contrib used to do for me. I can even see the spot in the paypal_standard.php where it sends the store name in place of the item name & leaves out the fields for the item_number, quantity & amount - I just don't have the programming knowledge to fix it.

I admit that I am probably missing something very simple. There must be something that I am neglecting to do after uploading the PayPal IPN files to my server that would make that module show up in my OsCommerce admin panel. If I could see the IPN module in the admin panel, I'm certain that I could set it up exactly as I had it in OsCommerce v2.2 MS2.

I'm afraid that I am in need of more than a clue as to where to find the answer. Specific instructions would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

OK - here's what I was missing: in OsCommerce v2.2 RC2a, the PayPal IPN payment module is listed as Credit/Debit Card (via PayPal).

Now that I've found it, it was easy to remove the PayPal Standard module & install the Credit/Debit Card (via PayPal) module - and finally set it to itemize the order.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2679 : Paypal IPn for aggregate/itemize

correct. I simply don't believe that people can't search... :blink: is it so difficult to do search? :rolleyes: :lol:

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

I agree. Most professionals don't know everything off head either. Please try searching for the info on google or other search engine . If it still doesn't work for you . Try getting someone to do it for you like a freelancer. ;)

correct. I simply don't believe that people can't search... :blink: is it so difficult to do search? :rolleyes: :lol:

Just for the record, I had no problem searching to find information on the PayPal IPN contribution. The problem is that every search turned up incomplete or inconsistent information. The real stumbling block for me, is that once I had the PayPal IPN files uploaded, they didn't show up in my admin panel as PayPal IPN. Add to that the conflicting information regarding PayPal Standard in RC2 & PayPal IPN and it makes for a frustrating situation.

I certainly appreciate the fact that anyone at all takes the time to reply to those of us who don't understand all the hidden clues that turn up in search results. Most of the results are for posts telling people to use the search function. The replies that contain helpful information are sometimes cryptic (or in this case, conflict with the OSC documentation.)

People like Satish have done a fantastic job of trying to help - so please, accept my thanks for all the good work you do (and my apologies for being so thick-headed that I have to have things spelled out for me!)

is that once I had the PayPal IPN files uploaded, they didn't show up in my admin panel as PayPal IPN

Most of Modules have there own titles so as to not conflict with previous Paypal Modules.

The RC2 Module has

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_STANDARD_TEXT_TITLE', 'PayPal Website Payments Standard');

So You need to look at the language/ module file and get the value for title and make out what will get displayed.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 1 month later...
http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2679 : Paypal IPn for aggregate/itemize

I think the issue is that this documentation seems clearly to state it's not for RC2 but rather MS2... when I tried to install this module, the SQL statement wouldn't run properly. All I need is for Paypal in RC2 to pass an itemized cart. Is there an easy fix?

Thanks.

• 8 months later...
I think the issue is that this documentation seems clearly to state it's not for RC2 but rather MS2... when I tried to install this module, the SQL statement wouldn't run properly. All I need is for Paypal in RC2 to pass an itemized cart. Is there an easy fix?

Thanks.

I finally got this to work to take me to paypal to get the item detail, however when i complete the transaction and it redirects me back to teh site, i get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class order_total in /home/recover5/public_html/store1/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 13