• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Testers Welcome to London Power Catalogue!

WoodsWalker

Greetings all you helpful people!

London Power Online Catalogue

With the help of this community, I finally have our site almost ready to roll. As background, we have been selling six-figures-worth per year (just) of our products from our existing website since 1995, where one must phone or fax one's order. I am hoping that a proper online catalogue will be an enhancement that our customers will appreciate.

This catalogue is almost biolerplate osC, with a few tweaks and enhancements as my (expanding) skill has allowed. Pleased have a look and see if anything strikes you as off-putting.

You may even create a profile and place an "order" if you like - our payment module is in "testing" mode with Moneris (our payment gateway). You may use card # 4242424242424242, any future expiry date. The test environment is a little wonky, so most "transactions" are "declined". All fake profiles and orders will be deleted before we are up and running.

Thanks in advance!

~Wendy

p.s. Of course we will be removing the headings that say "Not Yet Operational" when we go live (as well as the "test" shipping option). I was just afraid that someone might "find" the site before it is hooked-up.

Took a quick looks, seems fine, server was slow at times.

Can you really charge those prices for componant kits!! If those are real I think its time I emigrated.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

The shop looks good, if i should point to anything it would be that the design moves the main content a bit to far down on the page.

live stores discussed in this channel must be powered by osCommerce Online Merchant and have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed on the site. Not only is the osCommerce solution being used, but valuable feedback will also be presented by the osCommerce community.

Thanks for the feedback, folks! I've also had several friends and associates look the site over - an essential step that's easy to overlook. Always accept help where you can find it! It's very hard to review one's own work realistically.

live stores discussed in this channel must be powered by osCommerce Online Merchant and have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed on the site. Not only is the osCommerce solution being used, but valuable feedback will also be presented by the osCommerce community.

Regarding "Powered by osCommerce", this link is already displayed on the site, on the bottom of the "welcome" (home) page of the catalogue. I made a point of this, as not only is it fair, but I myself would never have found out about this wonderful solution and community without the presence of such a link on another osCommerce online store that I happened to visit (for garden seeds!).

Is it perhaps stipulated that the link should be in the footer? Where can I find the guidelines?

Thanks,

~Wendy

Thanks for the feedback, folks! I've also had several friends and associates look the site over - an essential step that's easy to overlook. Always accept help where you can find it! It's very hard to review one's own work realistically.

Regarding "Powered by osCommerce", this link is already displayed on the site, on the bottom of the "welcome" (home) page of the catalogue. I made a point of this, as not only is it fair, but I myself would never have found out about this wonderful solution and community without the presence of such a link on another osCommerce online store that I happened to visit (for garden seeds!).

Is it perhaps stipulated that the link should be in the footer? Where can I find the guidelines?

Thanks,

~Wendy

My badi. I thought I looked carefully.

It is not stipulated where it goes, as far as I know. The space where you have it could be put to better use.

Archived