• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

categories and sub categories

ptholt

I wonder if someone could just confirm the following which is my suspicion re categories and sub categories -

I currently have -

cat1

-sub cat 1.1

-sub cat 1.2

---sub cat 1.2.1 (problems occur here)

---sub cat 1.2.2 (and here)

---sub cat 1.2.3 (and here)

-sub cat 1.3

cat2

-sub cat 2.1

-sub cat 2.2

cat3

-sub cat 3.1

-sub cat 3.2

cat4

-sub cat 4.1

-sub cat 4.2

all categories and sub categories down to x.x level work as expected, however x.x.x sub category level is doing some odd things. When you navigate to that level the body page text is empty and says "There are no products to list in this category."

The other sub categories appear correctly in the left hand category list. But it is not showing any categories in the page body (like the layers above did).

I have read this can happen when there are products sharing a level with categories, now there are products at this level, but they are forthcoming products and are not currently live and not showing in the shop, but may be triggering the above to miss displaying the sub categories?

I`ve seen this too, in MS2 & RC1, exactly as you have detailed, I've not needed to find cause yet though. I don't know if its fixed with RC2 iether.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

I`ve seen this too, in MS2 & RC1, exactly as you have detailed, I've not needed to find cause yet though. I don't know if its fixed with RC2 iether.

ok it does seem that any products sharing a level with categories results in nothing appearing in the body, moved the unpublished products and the categories apepars.

ok it does seem that any products sharing a level with categories results in nothing appearing in the body, moved the unpublished products and the categories apepars.

hello forum.

thank you for that suggestion. version 2.2rc2a

i have the same problem, but no unpoblished products anymore, it was working with all products, now the menu show how many products in catagories but no product apears in the body,

what to do??

thank you for your help

hello forum.

thank you for that suggestion. version 2.2rc2a

i have the same problem, but no unpoblished products anymore, it was working with all products, now the menu show how many products in catagories but no product apears in the body,

what to do??

thank you for your help

In my example there were products sharing the folder but they were unpublished products, but just moving these into sub folders below fixed the problem completely.

In my example there were products sharing the folder but they were unpublished products, but just moving these into sub folders below fixed the problem completely.

thank you ptholt for your interess.

to be sure - you created to get the problem solved

cat1

-sub cat 1.1

-sub cat 1.2

------sub cat 1.2.1.1 (do i understand right? it does not work )

-sub cat 1.3

thank you ptholt for your interess.

to be sure - you created to get the problem solved

cat1

-sub cat 1.1

-sub cat 1.2

------sub cat 1.2.1.1 (do i understand right? it does not work )

-sub cat 1.3

thank you ptholt for your help, now i understand.

Archived