• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

is there a module for flat rate shipping but subtract from the rate based on items ordered?

supadodger

what about instead of subtracting from the shipping, you just offer a discount on that item for the same dollar amount. I do not THINK the customer will think differently. I was looking around in forums and havent found anything exaclty like you were looking for.

Are you sure flat rate shipping is what you want to do? Is this how your distributor does it? I only ask because i have talked to lots of distributors and they usually only ship based on weight or price. Or if you did the shipping be weight, and adding 2 t-shirts does not change the weight all that much, it would not be a bad thing for your customers.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

You can use the table rates if you are doing this for all of your items. It depends on how many item types that you have.

You go into Shipping and enable the table rates. Then you make sure to choose price instead of weight. Then you would set up the rates as 1:$6.00 2:$9.00 and so on/ But I do not think you can set that up for each item

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

• 1 year later...

I suppose it should be possible to modify the code in the per item shipping module to apply a different price depending on the number of items - it uses a count of them anyway so you could just use conditional statements and a change in the formula based on the count, but you'd have to hard code the changes in prices into the module, unless you also want to make changes to the information it displays and allows you to input in admin and store in the database.

www.jyoshna.com. Currently using OsC with STS, Super Download Store, Categories Descriptons, Manufacturers Description, Individual Item Status, Infopages unlimited, Product Sort, Osplayer with flashmp3player, Product Tabs 2.1 with WebFx Tabpane and other bits and pieces including some I made myself. Many thanks to all whose contributions I have used!