• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

paypal integration

keithclark

I'm trying to get Website Payments Standard to work but when I ask them for help they refer me to the osCommerce website. When I start the Admin, it refers me to the paypal website.......I'm not sure what this little tight circle is all about, but it certainly doesn't help me out.

Any ways to break this circle?

Keith

I'm trying to get Website Payments Standard to work but when I ask them for help they refer me to the osCommerce website. When I start the Admin, it refers me to the paypal website.......I'm not sure what this little tight circle is all about, but it certainly doesn't help me out.

Any ways to break this circle?

Keith

Anyone? Maybe we could hook up on the irc channel and you could walk me through?

Keith

Anyone? Maybe we could hook up on the irc channel and you could walk me through?

Keith

Ok, never mind.

Someone should write a simple, step by step instruction sheet on how to add the following to the paypal setup:

Private Key

Public Cert.

PayPals Public Cert.

Your PayPal Puble Cert.

Working Directory.

These are all a mystery to an new user and there is no help on either website to be of any use whatsoever.

Keith

Ok, never mind.

Someone should write a simple, step by step instruction sheet on how to add the following to the paypal setup:

Private Key

Public Cert.

PayPals Public Cert.

Your PayPal Puble Cert.

Working Directory.

These are all a mystery to an new user and there is no help on either website to be of any use whatsoever.

Keith

I called PayPal and they say they don't support osCommerce no matter what the setup says. Very disappointing...I am going to fight it out with them as osCommerce is listed in their supported Carts list!

Keith

This is written for Paypal IPN but most if not all of the steps are also applicable for some Paypal modules.

Edited for this thread.

Download OpenSSL --> http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

I. OpenSSL

1. Download and install OpenSSL if it is not already installed. Remember where it is installed. c:\openssl is a good place.

2. Click on Start, Run. Type in "cmd" without the quotes to open the dos or command prompt.

3. Creating Your Private Key with OpenSSL

Using the openssl program and assuming it is installed in c:\openssl, enter the following command to create your private key. The command generates a 1024-bit RSA private key. The private key is stored in the file my- prvkey.pem :

c:\openssl\bin\openssl genrsa -out my-prvkey.pem 1024

4. Creating Your Public Certificate Using OpenSSL

To create your certificate, enter the following openssl command, which generates a public certificate in the file my-pubcert.pem

c:\openssl\bin\openssl req -new -key my-prvkey.pem -x509 -days 365 -out my-pubcert.pem

You will be asked several questions:

Country

State

City

Company Name

Unit (Division)

Common Name (Your Name)

Email Address

The two files will be saved in the \bin folder where you ran openssl from. Change the path if you did not install to c:\openssl.

II. Paypal

1. Login to your Paypal account and click on the Profile tab.

2. Click on the link on the right for Instant Payment Notification Preferences under Selling Preferences. Click on Edit. Click on the box to enable IPN. Enter the URL on your site to receive notices at. Click on Save. Click on Back to Profile Summary link.

2.5 Setting up WPS:

• Click on "Website Payment Preferences" under the "Selling Preferences" section.
  • Enable "Auto Return".
  • Set the "Return URL" to http://www.yourdomain.com/cart/checkout/complete
  • Enable "Paypal Account Optional" (optional). This will make it so customers are not forced to create a PayPal account during checkout.
  • Save your settings.

3. Click on the link on the right for Encrypted Payment Settings under Selling Preferences.

4. Click on Download to download the Paypal Public Cert. Change the name after download to paypal_cert.pem.

5. Click on Add to upload your public cert � my-pubcert.pem Browse to it (c:\openssl\bin possibly) and then click Add.

6. When you get back to the Website Payment Certificates screen, you will see a Cert ID which you willl need to type in later in OsCommerce.

7. Logout.

III. Oscommerce If the Paypal module is already installed in your osc payment module, skip steps 1-2.

1. Unzip the Paypal IPN or Paypal Website Payments Standard files.

2. Upload the files under the Oscommerce folder in the right places with FTP.

3. Upload your public cert, private key, and the Paypal public cert to the /admin folder. That folder should be password protected by Web Protect in Cpanel.

4. Enable the Paypal IPN (Credit card Debit card) or Paypal Website Payments Standard in the Oscommerce Admin panel.

5. Edit the IPN or Paypal Website Payments Standard by clicking on corresponding Paypal module then click on Edit.

6. Most of the fields are self-explanatory. The main ones are:

a. Email address � set to your seller email address on Paypal.

b. Gateway server � if you sign up as a developer at http://developer.paypal.com and then create two users in the Sandbox, you can test the IPN in Testing mode with dummy users and transactions before using it. This is for advanced users only. You may go straight to Live Site instead if this is too complicated for you. If you do choose to use the Sandbox, be aware that it uses a different Paypal public cert than the live site. The wrong paypal public cert will generate a 5302 error when testing.

c. Page Style � this can be selected at Paypal under your Profile.

d. Debug E-mail Address � an email address to send errors to if using testing mode first. Be sure to delete the address here when done testing or it will keep sending emails.

e. Enable encrypted web payments � set to false.

f. Your private key � the full home path to your private key ie like /home/username/public_html/store/admin/my-prvkey.pem (change username to your cpanel username)

g. Your public cert � the full home path to your public cert ie like /home/username/public_html/store/admin/my-pubcert.pem

h. Paypal's public certificate � the full home path to Paypal's public cert you uploaded i.e. like /home/username/public_html/store/admin/paypal_cert.pem

i. Your Paypal Public Certificate ID � the ID for the public cert you uploaded to Paypal.

j. Working directory � create a temp folder under your oscommerce folder and enter the full home path here ie like /home/username/public_html/store/temp

k. OpenSSL Location - /usr/bin/openssl

l. Click on Update.

That's it! Test it Live or through the Paypal Sandbox. Don't forget to remove the Debug E-Mail Address when done testing.

Source: https://support.lunarpages.com/knowledge_bases/article/187

Paypal Website Payments Standard Guide https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR-520-20080528-1/en_US/pdf/PP_WebsitePaymentsStandard_IntegrationGuide.pdf

This is written for Paypal IPN but most if not all of the steps are also applicable for some Paypal modules.

Edited for this thread.

Download OpenSSL --> http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

I. OpenSSL

1. Download and install OpenSSL if it is not already installed. Remember where it is installed. c:\openssl is a good place.

2. Click on Start, Run. Type in "cmd" without the quotes to open the dos or command prompt.

3. Creating Your Private Key with OpenSSL

Using the openssl program and assuming it is installed in c:\openssl, enter the following command to create your private key. The command generates a 1024-bit RSA private key. The private key is stored in the file my- prvkey.pem :

c:\openssl\bin\openssl genrsa -out my-prvkey.pem 1024

4. Creating Your Public Certificate Using OpenSSL

To create your certificate, enter the following openssl command, which generates a public certificate in the file my-pubcert.pem

c:\openssl\bin\openssl req -new -key my-prvkey.pem -x509 -days 365 -out my-pubcert.pem

You will be asked several questions:

Country

State

City

Company Name

Unit (Division)

Common Name (Your Name)

Email Address

The two files will be saved in the \bin folder where you ran openssl from. Change the path if you did not install to c:\openssl.

II. Paypal

1. Login to your Paypal account and click on the Profile tab.

2. Click on the link on the right for Instant Payment Notification Preferences under Selling Preferences. Click on Edit. Click on the box to enable IPN. Enter the URL on your site to receive notices at. Click on Save. Click on Back to Profile Summary link.

2.5 Setting up WPS:

• Click on "Website Payment Preferences" under the "Selling Preferences" section.
  • Enable "Auto Return".
  • Set the "Return URL" to http://www.yourdomain.com/cart/checkout/complete
  • Enable "Paypal Account Optional" (optional). This will make it so customers are not forced to create a PayPal account during checkout.
  • Save your settings.

3. Click on the link on the right for Encrypted Payment Settings under Selling Preferences.

4. Click on Download to download the Paypal Public Cert. Change the name after download to paypal_cert.pem.

5. Click on Add to upload your public cert � my-pubcert.pem Browse to it (c:\openssl\bin possibly) and then click Add.

6. When you get back to the Website Payment Certificates screen, you will see a Cert ID which you willl need to type in later in OsCommerce.

7. Logout.

III. Oscommerce If the Paypal module is already installed in your osc payment module, skip steps 1-2.

1. Unzip the Paypal IPN or Paypal Website Payments Standard files.

2. Upload the files under the Oscommerce folder in the right places with FTP.

3. Upload your public cert, private key, and the Paypal public cert to the /admin folder. That folder should be password protected by Web Protect in Cpanel.

4. Enable the Paypal IPN (Credit card Debit card) or Paypal Website Payments Standard in the Oscommerce Admin panel.

5. Edit the IPN or Paypal Website Payments Standard by clicking on corresponding Paypal module then click on Edit.

6. Most of the fields are self-explanatory. The main ones are:

a. Email address � set to your seller email address on Paypal.

b. Gateway server � if you sign up as a developer at http://developer.paypal.com and then create two users in the Sandbox, you can test the IPN in Testing mode with dummy users and transactions before using it. This is for advanced users only. You may go straight to Live Site instead if this is too complicated for you. If you do choose to use the Sandbox, be aware that it uses a different Paypal public cert than the live site. The wrong paypal public cert will generate a 5302 error when testing.

c. Page Style � this can be selected at Paypal under your Profile.

d. Debug E-mail Address � an email address to send errors to if using testing mode first. Be sure to delete the address here when done testing or it will keep sending emails.

f. Your private key � the full home path to your private key ie like /home/username/public_html/store/admin/my-prvkey.pem (change username to your cpanel username)

g. Your public cert � the full home path to your public cert ie like /home/username/public_html/store/admin/my-pubcert.pem

h. Paypal's public certificate � the full home path to Paypal's public cert you uploaded i.e. like /home/username/public_html/store/admin/paypal_cert.pem

i. Your Paypal Public Certificate ID � the ID for the public cert you uploaded to Paypal.

j. Working directory � create a temp folder under your oscommerce folder and enter the full home path here ie like /home/username/public_html/store/temp

k. OpenSSL Location - /usr/bin/openssl

l. Click on Update.

That's it! Test it Live or through the Paypal Sandbox. Don't forget to remove the Debug E-Mail Address when done testing.

Source: https://support.lunarpages.com/knowledge_bases/article/187

Paypal Website Payments Standard Guide https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR-520-20080528-1/en_US/pdf/PP_WebsitePaymentsStandard_IntegrationGuide.pdf

Nice work! I thank you very much for your detailed help here!!!!!

Keith

• 1 month later...
The links I provided above was valid and working at the time I posted them.

If the link(s) are not working or maybe invalid, please don't PM me asking for a working link.

PayPal Website Payments Standard Integration Guide - PDF

Remember: You can always use GOOGLE

I did use Google quite some time ago and did solve my problem, thanks. I would not bother you with a PM.

Keith

I did use Google quite some time ago and did solve my problem, thanks. I would not bother you with a PM.

Keith

Please accept my apologies Keith. My recent post on this thread was not intended for you.

Some people found this thread and the link I posted that was working before are not valid anymore.

I received PM asking for working links/url.

It seems that doing a search on google is too much work for some.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

• 1 month later...

hi,

can you clarify this? should the URL you receive notices at be a certain module/php file? i'm not sure what i should enter here at the paypal site!

thanx for any help!

t

hi,

can you clarify this? should the URL you receive notices at be a certain module/php file? i'm not sure what i should enter here at the paypal site!

thanx for any help!

t

I believe that's your e-commerce website. It's also a good thing to sign up for sandbox in paypal, so you can test your settings.

May I ask you Keith, with the full text of this "fix" for PayPal, is it something that can be used to initiate the PayPal link in osc? I have asked my server manager about having one or more of the modules set for payment. He suggested using ONLY PayPal. I have a business account with PayPal and wanted to know if I should use this programmed fix to install PayPal at my site?

Question: If osCommerce has these sources in the program, why does it take this much additional coding and manipulation to make it work? I have tried to run a check out at my site, but it is always stopping after I click on the "Checkout" button. I get a server error in IE 7.0, [can't test in Firefox] that

says: /checkout_shipping.phposCsid=e4e1639e9a9f597a357733b776724cea. This means nothing to me but I will gladly eliminate all other options other than PayPal and use that for payment. But before I do that, I wanted to know if this "fix" that you provided was a "universdal fix" for everyone trying to use PayPal or was just because of this error that was sent to you?

I aplogize for asking the rudimentary questions out of ignorance, but I am not a programmer and if I go down this path, I need to know my way home. I use Expression Web to edit code. Will this code display anything that I can or should be able to see in Expression Web? I appreciate this. I have a lot to learn but I thought osC was already ready for the working world, but there are so many people like yourself that have found new and interesting fixes to these issues...it seems like it is in constant "Beta"??

Appreciate your help greatly!

arsenal51

Please accept my apologies Keith. My recent post on this thread was not intended for you.

Some people found this thread and the link I posted that was working before are not valid anymore.

I received PM asking for working links/url.

It seems that doing a search on google is too much work for some.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

No problem. I understand now. Thanks for the clarrification, I appreciate that.

Keith

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

i tried the step by step instructions to download openssl and generate the private key but all i get was this message

"unable to write random state"

• 4 months later...

i tried the step by step instructions to download openssl and generate the private key but all i get was this message

"unable to write random state"

Im also having this problem. Does any know of a solution?

• 2 years later...

If you get to his thread, via search engines or otherwise, DUE TO A SERIOUS EXPLOIT EXPERIENCED BY SEVERAL osC users, set this to true.

e. Enable encrypted web payments � set to true.

Misc:

Warning: fopen(/262699-2-data.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied ...

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource...

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Filename cannot be empty ...

Warning: openssl_pkcs7_sign() [function.openssl-pkcs7-sign]: error getting private key ...

Warning: unlink(/262699-2-data.txt) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in ...

Warning: file_get_contents(/262699-2-signed.txt) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file ...

Warning: fopen(/262699-2-signed.txt) [function.fopen]: ...

If you are getting these errors, it means you have set "Enable encrypted web payments" to true without generating and installing the proper certificates, and keys.

unable to write random state

The command prompt must be executed by a user with administrative privileges. Search for "cmd" , right-click and "run as administrator".

Archived