• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Lightwindow issue

noncents

I don't know if anyone can help with this but i'm at my wits end and need a solution asap.

I've built a site and used Oscommece to run the shop side of things. This site uses Lightwindow 2.0 to display certain features.

www.temporarytemples.co.uk/

'Subscribe to Our Mailing List' and 'Wheat from the Chaff' are the lightwindow links.

However when using IE 5, 6 and 7 the Lightwindow doesn't display properly it just collapses to the top-left of the screen, but it only does this on the Oscommerce pages?????

www.temporarytemples.co.uk/catalog/

I can't find what's causing the issue so can anyone help? Even point me in the right direction??? I've tried the lightwindow creator but received no response so far.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants"

I don't know if anyone can help with this but i'm at my wits end and need a solution asap.

I've built a site and used Oscommece to run the shop side of things. This site uses Lightwindow 2.0 to display certain features.

www.temporarytemples.co.uk/

'Subscribe to Our Mailing List' and 'Wheat from the Chaff' are the lightwindow links.

However when using IE 5, 6 and 7 the Lightwindow doesn't display properly it just collapses to the top-left of the screen, but it only does this on the Oscommerce pages?????

www.temporarytemples.co.uk/catalog/

I can't find what's causing the issue so can anyone help? Even point me in the right direction??? I've tried the lightwindow creator but received no response so far.

Perhaps the doctype?

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

is this available in the add ons area?

Perhaps the doctype?

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

is this available in the add ons area?

Genius! It worked.

It's not actually in the add ons area I bodged it in myself kicking and screaming all the way.

Out of curiosity will it have any effect to Oscommerce changing the doc type?

Genius! It worked.

It's not actually in the add ons area I bodged it in myself kicking and screaming all the way.

Out of curiosity will it have any effect to Oscommerce changing the doc type?

When I was trying to install another variation, it affected the graphical borders contribution and did not work with additional image type contributions.

I have not tried this one (yet).

When I was trying to install another variation, it affected the graphical borders contribution and did not work with additional image type contributions.

I have not tried this one (yet).

All seems fine at the minute apart from a bit of a validation mess (not that there wasn't one before!) I'll pick through all that when I have the time!

Thanks for your help!!!

All seems fine at the minute apart from a bit of a validation mess (not that there wasn't one before!) I'll pick through all that when I have the time!

Thanks for your help!!!

Just to clarify, it was the change of doc type that interferred with Graphical Borders.

Any, glad to help. The solution was given to me in another thread.

• 2 months later...

hi,

I'm also trying to integrate lightwindow2 to oscommerce but couldn't manage..could you explain your steps?

I try the way of "LavoriamoPerVoi Ajax Popup Image" and "Lightbox J query with Ultra pics MANUAL INSTALL"..I read two these but nothing happend..please give an information how we implement?

bump..could you explain?

You just need to change the DocType (the very top line of code) the rest of the integration is exactly the same as you would for a static site. The rest of the code will need a little work after this to achieve validation although it all works on all modern browsers so if your not fussed you can do this over time.