• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CONTRIBUTION Product Quick Edit

spooks

Product Quick Edit

This contribution let's you edit products much quicker than going through the categories menu, by searching for the product name, Short Description (if you have that), model (sku), or id.

Items displayed on search now include, SKU/Model, ID, Name, Short Description (if you have that), Price and Stock

In edit you can alter Products Name, Stock status, Tax Class, Net Price, Gross Price, Description, Short Description (if you have that), Quantity (can be disabled), SKU/Model, Image.

Contribution is at: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5680

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Sorry, I should have tested more but someone was keen to have this. As you can tell I Have lots of extra mods on my sites, so its remembering to allow for them all when I do a contrib.

If you change the query in product_quickedit.php to:

$product_query = tep_db_query("select distinct pd.products_name, " . ($short ? 'pd.short_desc, ' : '') . "p.products_id, p.products_status, p.products_quantity, p.products_price, p.products_model, p.products_tax_class_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and (pd.products_name like '%".$prod_search."%' or p.products_model like '%".$prod_search."%' or p.products_id like '%".$prod_search."%' " .($short ? "or pd.short_desc like '%".$prod_search."%'" : "")." ) order by pd.products_name");

That should fix it for you.

I have made further changes already including a preview function, but it may take a little while before its safe to release.

:blush:

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Yes , it's fixed. Thank you spooks.

LE : The same thing it's happening in product_quickedit_info.php . The edit formular is displayed twice , also .

I tried to fix it , but didn't succeed.

Edited by ContemptInc

begin . What does not kill me makes me stronger . die();

Contempt is teh brain, Furian is da muscle. Respect ma authorita!!!

Yes , it's fixed. Thank you spooks.

LE : The same thing it's happening in product_quickedit_info.php . The edit formular is displayed twice , also .

I tried to fix it , but didn't succeed.

Ahh, this is an old bug, quick edit is not multi-lingual, so if you have more than one language active, it will show an edit window for each, BUT each window will be default language!!

Do`nt worry I`ve already fixed this by making it truely multi-lingual for edits, this will appear in the next release.

B)

Sam

Contributions:

Uploaded New Version 2.0

This edition involved a large amount of re-writing code and removal of some redunant stuff, also fixed is a bug from my last release.

Major new additions are: Now Multi-Lingual for edits, added preview function, added image browse/upload function, you can now also delete a product image should you wish.

Sam

Contributions:

I never expected to see my little contribution getting so many post fixes/releases, that's nice to see.

I realize that when I first added the initial release, a lot of things were missing and/or could cause problems for vanilla users, because I use such a heavily modded store. I don't even use the left admin menu, but a horizontal top menu.

But I just wanted to drop in and say thanks to everyone for keeping it alive. Especially Sam/spooks here. Btw, I am also a huge fan of Blade Runner! B)

Uploaded New Version 2.0

This edition involved a large amount of re-writing code and removal of some redunant stuff, also fixed is a bug from my last release.

Major new additions are: Now Multi-Lingual for edits, added preview function, added image browse/upload function, you can now also delete a product image should you wish.

Hi Sam

Easy to install and works well. Thanks to you and original author.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the great contribution!

Please help me to do something. I want to add a button "Update all price". When u press it, it updates the price of all products in the table.

Thanks!

Edited by spirt

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings. Great contribution!

We have successfully installed this mod, but need changes..

We have a three images mod installed for products I coded what I could to see the three images input fields in quick edit, but it won't even upload one of them now. Is there a way to easily add 1 - 3 images using this mod?

Also adding the weight field and UPC field or editing?

Also, it would be really neat if you could select three images (or one or whatever), hit preview and it just saves instead of having to do the duplicate step of preview then update.

Lastly the three meta fields (ideally, someone could select and deselect what they want to show in quickedit fields based on prepopulated fields from database...

I would donate money for these fixes...

Cary

Edited by carryG

what three images mod is it, there are many image contribs.

Sam

Contributions:

what three images mod is it, there are many image contribs.

The mod is (strangely named) Product picture in new style BEST:) located here: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3593

I like the layout, having three pictures to side of larger image, that is why I use it. If you know of an alternative that would work just as well...

Hope this helps!

its possible, would need a little fiddling to get the images added, & weight is no problem but UPC? did you meen URL?

meta fields are not any standard part of osC, where did they come from?

Sam

Contributions:

its possible, would need a little fiddling to get the images added, & weight is no problem but UPC? did you meen URL?

meta fields are not any standard part of osC, where did they come from?

UPC field

Meta Fields, hmm. I added mod: HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.2.zip http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5851

PM me if you need to.

Cary

I thought you might have ment something like that for meta, but still there is no UPC field??? Uniniversal Personal Carrierbag?? or ISBN? Contrib??

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

Ok, I thought it might be some americanism, called ISBN in the UK

Sam

Contributions:

Ok, I thought it might be some americanism, called ISBN in the UK

lol - don't make us mad or we will bring democracy to a country near you....

(that's really not funny - i apologize...)

lol - don't make us mad or we will bring democracy to a country near you....

(that's really not funny - i apologize...)

don't laugh! we long for democracy here!!

Sam

Contributions:

don't laugh! we long for democracy here!!

right, we could start forums on that alone. we watch china in awe from here and are quite entertained at their successes (its larger than many really fathom - catch Wild China?) - don't get me started ...

lol

Edited by carryG

Ok, the mods are possible, but some are a little involved, also is the issue that I'll need to find tests so those using the contrib without those mods are'nt effected.

As I don't have the mods installed anywhere testing may be a little prolonged, I don't want to install just to test.

When I've got time I'll get started, but I've just been commisioned to create a new site, so that must come first.

:)

Sam

Contributions:

Ok, the mods are possible, but some are a little involved, also is the issue that I'll need to find tests so those using the contrib without those mods are'nt effected.

As I don't have the mods installed anywhere testing may be a little prolonged, I don't want to install just to test.

When I've got time I'll get started, but I've just been commisioned to create a new site, so that must come first.

:)

That would be awesome! I see these great mods and think that if they were tweaked just a bit, they could plug in with variables in the configuration and make them a solid part of the cart. Its easy to be an armchair quarterback about programming since I have relatively lame skills - but I will keep the suggestions coming if they will help others!

Thanks Spooks!

• 3 weeks later...