• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sudden Paypal stopped working (direct payment and express checkout)

THOUGHTOUT

Our store sales dropped off drastically in the last two days (down about 80% but was still working). However, as of night a customer emailed me with a current problem that once you press confirm the "catalog/checkout_process.php" reports a forbidden page "You do not have permission to access this document.". I have also tried a Paypal express and that did not work directing to an irregular paypal page. This was interesting, I typically use this url http://www.paypaldeveloper.com/blog?blog.id=mts_updates to verify paypal live status and it appear this is reporting the same "forbidden" message.

As I was typing this we did receive an order :) , noticing it was form overseas (different paypal server?) so I went back to check the above and the direct CC payment still does not work :( but the paypal express does :).

Being our sales dropped off suddenly I am thinking this is an intermittent large problem, I hope this is just a paypal api issue that will be corrected shortly. Wouldn't be nice for paypal to have a live staus / reporting forum?

Anybody have this issue or comments to add?