• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS First Class International reverts to Global Express

Hi. I know this had to have been discussed before, but I really can't find relevant posts from this year or close.

All of a sudden, I had a lot of USPS options for international shipping at my store, whereas a few weeks ago, there were only a few... I think that when I installed OSC, I limited the choices by deleting ones I didn't want. I am only shipping band tshirts and cds, all single items are under a pound weight wise. Then I started getting emails saying that when ever international customers tried to check out, USPS would revert to Global Express no matter what the customer choose. I tried it today myself, setting up an English address and tested with a product, and here were my findings...

Global Express Guaranteed

Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular

Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular

USPS GXG Envelopes*****

Express Mail International (EMS)

Express Mail International (EMS) Flat-Rate Envelope*****

Priority Mail International

Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Envelope*****

Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Box*****

Priority Mail International Large Flat-Rate Box*****

First Class Mail International Large Envelope*****

First Class Mail International Package*****

***** indicated that at the 'Order Confirmation Page' the shipping reverted to 'Global Express Guaranteed' no matter what I did.

The only ones I want to even use are 'First Class International' and maybe 'International Flat Rate Envelope'... the rest are just too much.

Domestic US calculation seems to be fine, so I am at a loss here. I am well versed in HTML and CSS, but with PHP I am still in beginner's mode, big time. I figured it may have something to do with the May 12 USPS changes, but I really don't see anyone else with the prob right now. Please help!!!!

Thanks in advance.

OSCommerce 2.2RC2a, stock USPS modules.

First Class International has also stopped working at my store - I'm not sure when it happened - I suspect it's some US Postal Service glitch or change.

Will continue researching and will post or check back for any updates.

Yes, that was the first thing I dug up... was excited about it, did the fix and didn't even double check to see if it worked entirely or not :rolleyes:

A few days later I got an email saying it was still reverting to Global Express.

So in further investigation, I find that at the 'Delivery Information' page, the USPS options are displayed... by default the cheapest one is selected, 'First Class International Mail Large Envelope' at $5.90. Thats great that it chooses the cheapest one out of a trillion options (that I wish to not have), but when continuing, by the time you get to the 'Delivery Confirmation' page, it reverts to 'Global Express Guaranteed'. What I did find however, is with the above fix, 'First Class Mail International Package' DOES work as expected, at $6.10. But it is not chosen by default since I guess it is 20 cents more.

'First Class Mail International Package' is really the only one I want to offer for international... and it does at least work now with that fix. But it does bother me that the others don't work, even if I chose not to use them.

Thanks.

Hi. I know this had to have been discussed before, but I really can't find relevant posts from this year or close.

All of a sudden, I had a lot of USPS options for international shipping at my store, whereas a few weeks ago, there were only a few... I think that when I installed OSC, I limited the choices by deleting ones I didn't want. I am only shipping band tshirts and cds, all single items are under a pound weight wise. Then I started getting emails saying that when ever international customers tried to check out, USPS would revert to Global Express no matter what the customer choose. I tried it today myself, setting up an English address and tested with a product, and here were my findings...

Global Express Guaranteed

Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular

Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular

USPS GXG Envelopes*****

Express Mail International (EMS)

Express Mail International (EMS) Flat-Rate Envelope*****

Priority Mail International

Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Envelope*****

Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Box*****

Priority Mail International Large Flat-Rate Box*****

First Class Mail International Large Envelope*****

First Class Mail International Package*****

***** indicated that at the 'Order Confirmation Page' the shipping reverted to 'Global Express Guaranteed' no matter what I did.

The only ones I want to even use are 'First Class International' and maybe 'International Flat Rate Envelope'... the rest are just too much.

Domestic US calculation seems to be fine, so I am at a loss here. I am well versed in HTML and CSS, but with PHP I am still in beginner's mode, big time. I figured it may have something to do with the May 12 USPS changes, but I really don't see anyone else with the prob right now. Please help!!!!

Thanks in advance.

OSCommerce 2.2RC2a, stock USPS modules.

I too am having this international mail problem. It is interesting that this must affect everyone, yet so few respond to this forum. The previous fix did not work for me either. I also used current usps.php in alpha 4 version and still not works. <_<

I too am having this international mail problem. It is interesting that this must affect everyone, yet so few respond to this forum. The previous fix did not work for me either. I also used current usps.php in alpha 4 version and still not works. <_<

I am having this problem as well, all USA calculations are correct but Internationals all default to the most expensive option, so customers think we are crooks...any ideas anyone? I remember this happened last year when the USPS changed their rates. We have to do the lower case fix to upper case, but now this...it must have something to do with the USPS price increase, any ideas anyone?

Me Too!!! My International sales are down by 50% over last year...what's the deal? I've followed all the available fixes to no avail. Please help.

David

I was having the same problem, and got it to work by replacing this in includes/modules/shipping/usps.php:

$this->types = array('EXPRESS' => 'Express Mail',

'FIRST CLASS' => 'First-Class Mail',

'PRIORITY' => 'Priority Mail',

'PARCEL' => 'Parcel Post');

$this->intl_types = array('GLOBAL EXPRESS' => 'Global Express Guaranteed',

'GLOBAL EXPRESS NON-DOC RECT' => 'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular',

'GLOBAL EXPRESS NON-DOC NON-RECT' => 'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular',

'EXPRESS MAIL INT' => 'Express Mail International (EMS)',

'EXPRESS MAIL INT FLAT RATE ENV' => 'Express Mail International (EMS) Flat Rate Envelope',

'PRIORITY MAIL INT' => 'Priority Mail International',

'PRIORITY MAIL INT FLAT RATE ENV' => 'Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope',

'PRIORITY MAIL INT FLAT RATE BOX' => 'Priority Mail International Flat Rate Box',

'FIRST-CLASS MAIL INT' => 'First-Class Mail International');

with this:

'PARCEL' => 'Parcel Post',

'MEDIA' => 'Media Mail',

'BPM' => 'Bound Printed Material',

'LIBRARY' => 'Library'

);

$this->intl_types = array(

'Global Express' => 'Global Express Guaranteed',

'Global Express Non-Doc Rect' => 'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular',

'Global Express Non-Doc Non-Rect' => 'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular',

'Global Express Envelopes' => 'USPS GXG Envelopes',

'Express Mail Int' => 'Express Mail International (EMS)',

'Express Mail Int Flat Rate Env' => 'Express Mail International (EMS) Flat-Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail International' => 'Priority Mail International',

'Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Env' => 'Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Box',

'Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Lrg Box' => 'Priority Mail International Large Flat Rate Box',

'First Class Mail Int Lrg Env' => 'First Class Mail International Large Envelope',

'First Class Mail Int Package' => 'First Class Mail International Package',

'First Class Mail Int Letters' => 'First Class Mail International Letters',

'First Class Mail Int Flats' => 'First Class Mail International Flats',

'First Class Mail Int Parcels' => 'First Class Mail International Parcels'

);

Hope that helps.

I also am having problems where the shipping method on check out changes... So does this fix the problem? Just thought I would ask before making any changes.

Thanks

First Class International has also stopped working at my store - I'm not sure when it happened - I suspect it's some US Postal Service glitch or change.

Will continue researching and will post or check back for any updates.

Same here my customers are not buying because the shipping is to high.

Please let me know if you find anything out.

I was having the same problem, and got it to work by replacing this in includes/modules/shipping/usps.php:

'GLOBAL EXPRESS NON-DOC RECT' => 'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular',

'GLOBAL EXPRESS NON-DOC NON-RECT' => 'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular',

'EXPRESS MAIL INT FLAT RATE ENV' => 'Express Mail International (EMS) Flat Rate Envelope',

'PRIORITY MAIL INT FLAT RATE ENV' => 'Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope',

'PRIORITY MAIL INT FLAT RATE BOX' => 'Priority Mail International Flat Rate Box',

with this:

'MEDIA' => 'Media Mail',

'LIBRARY' => 'Library'

);

'Global Express Non-Doc Rect' => 'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular',

'Global Express Non-Doc Non-Rect' => 'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular',

'Express Mail Int Flat Rate Env' => 'Express Mail International (EMS) Flat-Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Env' => 'Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Envelope',

'Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Box' => 'Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Box',

'Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Lrg Box' => 'Priority Mail International Large Flat Rate Box',

'First Class Mail Int Lrg Env' => 'First Class Mail International Large Envelope',

);

Hope that helps.

My US shipping works. I tried this on the international and I got an error

United States Postal Service

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Help some I can not get the first class mail to display. I have tried everything. I even updated with the Method v 4.2.1.

Still doesn't work. I have been changing the first class mail array in usps.php to what people suggest in threads. Noting works.

The above code worked and solved my problem, THANKS! I am still having other issues and quite frankly these constant problems are just too much to handle. I think I am going to move to a paid solution with support that can fix these things, unless anyone knows a reliable OS commerce expert that bills per hour that can fix these things for me...

This fixed it for me. Thanks a billion!

with this:

'MEDIA' => 'Media Mail',

'LIBRARY' => 'Library'

);

);

Hope that helps.

with this:

'MEDIA' => 'Media Mail',

'LIBRARY' => 'Library'

);

);

Hope that helps.

So this totally worked for me but the problem i'm having is that when i remove the services i don't want, it's still listing them all.

Here is what i have listed:

'First Class Mail Int Package' => 'First Class Mail International Package');

So what am i doing wrong that this won't work?

So this totally worked for me but the problem i'm having is that when i remove the services i don't want, it's still listing them all.

Same issue here. The fix worked (thanks jt22!), but it appears taht when we call the function that interfaces with USPS itself, it returns all the options for International shipping and doesn't restrict them based on whats in that intl_types array.

Don't know how to fix it, but will have a good look at it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The word "Int" needs to be replaced with "International". This is how USPS is sending it. I am annoyed that USPS keeps diddling with the service names returned and doesn't alert the registered users of this.

• 3 weeks later...

I just found out I was having the same problem as everyone else after a customer, foolishly I might add, went through with an order where the shipping reverted to Express and they were charged $111 for shipping! Thank you to those who put some code out here to help those of us who aren't code savvy. ;P

I'm still in the same boat as the rest of you in regards to having more options then wanted and trouble finding out how to change that. :(

I just found out I was having the same problem as everyone else after a customer, foolishly I might add, went through with an order where the shipping reverted to Express and they were charged $111 for shipping! Thank you to those who put some code out here to help those of us who aren't code savvy. ;P

I'm still in the same boat as the rest of you in regards to having more options then wanted and trouble finding out how to change that. :(

Well, after messing with all this, it seems the answer is to update the USPS module to the newest version, USPS Methods 4.2.1 (with insurance). Got that running and it has check boxes for all different options. Now, I found this after screwing up my code multiple times, so I'm still trying to get it to work as I want, but where I'm at now is far better than I was before. :)

Yes, USPS does keep messing about with their settings, which means the osCommerce USPS module requires fairly frequent updating.

Recently they've not only changed the names of some of the shipping methods but they have also added or subtracted hyphens between double-barrelled names and it was this that caused the most recent failures.

Vger

• 4 weeks later...