• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Attributes Sorter & Copier v5.0

Ajeh

Why v5.0? Because it let's me know I made this for the November 1, 2002 and newer snapshots ... :D

Copy attributes to duplicate product.

Copy attributes from existing product to another existing product.

Copy attributes from existing product to all products in a category containing products.

Product Options Sort Order

Individual Attributes Sort Order per Product

Can now change Product display order from products_name to products_model

Edit/Update attributes on Products page

Thanks to David Garcia Watkins and Matthijs vd Vegte for peices and parts that made this contribution possible.

Demo it at:

Catalog:

http://www.thewebmakerscorner.com/snap_attributes/

Admin:

http://www.thewebmakerscorner.com/snap_att...ttributes/admin

If you find any bugs or have suggestions, please post in this thread ... thanks!

Available at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,772

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copy attributes from existing product to all products in a category containing products.  

Once again! Excellent contribution

How do does the above item work... I could not find the setting of copying to all the products in a category

Thanks

Kirill

Click on the Admin link that Linda provided above, and drill down until you get to individual products. At the bottom of the product summary, notice that there is now a section called PRODUCT ATTRIBUTES COPIER: [COPY TO].

Great contribution, Linda!!! I am going to download and install tonite!

I'll let you know.

-R

notice that there is now a section called PRODUCT ATTRIBUTES COPIER: [COPY TO].

-R

This asks for a product number. I would like to copy to all products in a category. I am sure it is there ... just need to remove my shades

Kirill

notice that there is now a section called PRODUCT ATTRIBUTES COPIER: [COPY TO].

-R

This asks for a product number. I would like to copy to all products in a category. I am sure it is there ... just need to remove my shades

Kirill

You need to be on a category NOT a product to copy the attributes to all products in that category, then when you click [COPY TO] you will be asked which product you want to copy the attributes from.

Linda will this Attribute sorter V5 work with your Quantity controller 5.1 ?

Best wishes

Steve

The idea is it will when I put them both together ... :D

I need to make a few modifications to the two to make them work along happily.

For the most part, they are very similar except the new Attributes Sorter and Copier eliminates the bug on the Preview/Backup where attributes use to be lost ( thanks David :D )

I cleaned up the routine somewhat and am adding in the new features as well.

When I am done, this will work with the Quantity Controller and work with the Free Call for Price and work with Ian's Load 4.

I have a few clients out in the real world to take care of this week, and hope to get into all the updates/re-writes this weekend.

Once again! Excellent contribution

How do does the above item work... I could not find the setting of copying to all the products in a category

Thanks

Kirill

The one thing to watch for when trying to copy a product to either another product or to a category of products is that there is a pID or cID in the URL.

If not, click on something like another product or category and click back and the copy feature will appear.

It should automatically be reading Select a product or Select a category or something when it does not see where to copy something to.

Happy New Year!

I have installed this great contribution and my admin area looks different. I don' t have the "Quick list attributes for product id #" link and "copy attributes with downloads" checkbox is missing, too. Have I done anything wrong or did you just install another contribution?

The checkboxes for "delete all attributes and downloads before copying", "duplicate attributes should be skipped" and "duplicate attributes should be overwritten" are checked by default. Aren' t those settings controversy? Maybe the last two checkboxes should be unchecked by default.

If you loaded everything on the categories.php file, you should have all the options there.

The Quick lists only work if there is a pID or cID showing in the URL, otherwise they read Select a product or category.

Try moving around a bit on the products and categories if you do not see the copier.

Also, the copy product's attributes to category only will show when there are just products in a category and you are not sitting on a category with subcategories. You have to be on the lowest level of a category for this to work.

As to the defaults on what is checked, you can look at the code and change the logic on the check boxes to suit your individual needs. I did not code this yet to let you define default settings for the check boxes.

The idea is it will when I put them both together ... :D

I need to make a few modifications to the two to make them work along happily.

For the most part, they are very similar except the new Attributes Sorter and Copier eliminates the bug on the Preview/Backup where attributes use to be lost ( thanks David :D )

I cleaned up the routine somewhat and am adding in the new features as well.

When I am done, this will work with the Quantity Controller and work with the Free Call for Price and work with Ian's Load 4.

I have a few clients out in the real world to take care of this week, and hope to get into all the updates/re-writes this weekend.

Hi Linda

Any news on this yet, I have been trying to be patient and not bug you over this (I know you have real work to do) but I am like a kid waiting fo Xmas.

Best wishes

Steve

Any news on this yet, I have been trying to be patient and not bug you over this (I know you have real work to do) but I am like a kid waiting fo Xmas.

Santa and the elves ... me, myself and I ... are working as quickly as possible to get these all happily clicking along together.

You're a star Linda, many thanks for all the hard work you have put in so far. I guess I will just have to be patient and get on with adding all the other products we stock that don't need this mod (I think I have been trying to find excuses not to get on with it). Keep up the good work and thank you once again.

Best wishes

Steve

I am using this contribution for the purpose of sorting the options and attributes.

In the admin panels I have the sort option available to me and I have setup the sort order for the product options and option attributes. But, when I go to view the product as a customer, the attributes do not show up in the drop down list, it is a blank list.

Help? I have gone over and over the readme file and compared my files to the best of my ability. I'm sure it's something easy I'm missing, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks.

Sorry to do this to you Linda :cry: I am sure you have more than enough to think about.

Is there a way to validate the atrribute selected?

Customers very often miss the select box for the size they require, so if the sort order for the atrributes is small, medium & large the order will come through like they have ordered the item in a small size so we send small, the customer then says "I don't want small, that's not what I ordered..."

What would be really helpfull would be if for instance you have a product with 3 sizes: small, medium & large you could set the atrributes for that product as "select", "small", "medium" & "large" with "select" as the default (sort order 0 ) and then somewhere have a script that brings up an alert box (saying "you must select a size" ) if the "select" option is selected.

Best wishes

Steve

I have written code like that in the past.

Loads of fun ...

You should add a "constant" Attribute with the setting of 0 such as -SELECT BELOW-

This later can be tested on the products to know that nothing was selected and just the product stuck in the cart with no setting.

You need to test this in the Shopping Cart and trigger an error flag that until fixed they cannot check out.

And of course be sure to check each product individually and each attribute seperately ... :shock:

Yeppers, this is a fun one to do. 8)

I am debating on opening that up again due to the follies of users who have zero respect for sites.

I had originally openned that up for people to try out the Catalog and Products and not to go reset the other options, features, and functionality of that shop.

As the person doing it was obviously aware I was there working on the site, and did not consider his lame actions as a total disruption of the site a problem, I locked it down again.

Perhaps email me and I will consider making an access for you. I am pretty unhappy that someone would think destruction is how we work together here.

I am not a happy camper over this situation ... to say the least. :?