osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Attributes Sorter & Copier v5.0

Ajeh

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the 5.1 version and it's not putting them in alphabetical order as you suggested to me. EX. put products to sort order in 10,11,12,13 and so on and put size in 20,21,22 and so on. Hope I'm making sense. Anyways they are still displayed in random order. I need the Size to be S, M, L, XL but no matter what sort order I give those they are random.

• 6 months later...

Hello, I just switch systems from Milestone 2.2 to OSC 2.2-MS2

While the program was still virgin we installed the contribution to the letter, but nothing looks any different anywhere.

I also tried to look at the contributions sample to see what it is supposed to look like at: http://www.thewebmakerscorner.com/snap_att...ttributes/admin

but couldn't login. Is there an on/off switch somewhere to make this program start?

Thanks.

Good things take time..... Great things happen all at once!

Hello, I just switch systems from Milestone 2.2 to OSC 2.2-MS2

While the program was still virgin we installed the contribution to the letter, but nothing looks any different anywhere.

I also tried to look at the contributions sample to see what it is supposed to look like at: http://www.thewebmakerscorner.com/snap_att...ttributes/admin

but couldn't login. Is there an on/off switch somewhere to make this program start?

Thanks.

That is not really a demo site.

The new SECv2.2 for osCommerce MS with Credit Class and Gift Voucher demo site is located at: http://www.thewebmakerscorner.com

I am testing out a few more things then should have this all in a zip tonight or tomorrow night.

It's a 4 meg download but it includes everything. There is also information on updating older versions of osCommerce that I hope will be helpful to people trying to update older versions.

For new sites there is an Easy Install 123 file. :D

Is there a limit on the number of options that can be added to an attribute with this module? My client has some 250+ single colors (more than 600 if combinations are used) for their products. When I attempt to edit a product to include the available colors, my browser seems to want to lock up. After a couple of minutes, the preview page finally loads but the changes aren't saved.

Could this be caused by the number of colors or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!!!

Some is a slower server, some is the number of attributes. Configuring GZip for the Admin helps.

I have some client's with 1000 attributes so I also built into SECv2.2 a way to turn off the Attributes on the categories.php but you still have all the features available.

There is a new Option Name Sorter and Option Value Sorter

These can be used to globably set the Attributes Sort Order by product, category or all products.

The cart is 2.2 CVS. I have had had this wonderful contribution as part of the cart since it was developed late last year.

when I go into the admin panel to modify a product, the attributes are associated with the products as I defined in the product attributes area. However, there is the area on this screen that states, "coming soon" for these fields on the product attributes.... One Time Charge, Weight Prefix, Weight Units, Units Price.

Is there a new/updated contribution that I can add to make the cart add weight for product attributes. I realize there is the new shoppe enhancement controller but as I understand it that was developed for 2.2MS.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm really sorry to bother anyone with what is not likely the dumbest question on this board but I can't seem to understand (hopefully its because i'm not english and not just a high level of stupidity) where to put these that are in the readme:

Changes to Table: configuration (configuration_id, ..... and so on and same for the other 2 tables. Now this might sound really bad but what table? and where do i find these I looked throught all of my PHP files and I can'T find these anywhere.

Thanks very much

Hi Linda,

First of all, WOW what a lot of good things do you make! I am very impressed all the time. Also the last couple of days I really had a good look at your site. It is all great!

I have one (hopefully little) question for you. I would really love to use the attribute sorter and copier, it is exactly what I need. But I also would really love to keep working with my radio buttons and check boxes.

Do you have any idea of a solution for me? I already tried to merge those files, but they are to simular to understand how to merge them (at least, for me it is to hard so understand it).

I really hope you have an idea or hint for me.

Thanks in advance.

Jeroen

Linda,

My site has a curious problem.

I've applied the 5.0 Attributes mod to my osCommerce 2.2-CVS project - everything is working fine regarding the attributes. I've just copied a product's attributes to two other categories just fine.

BUT, If I try to use the 'normal" Admin EDIT on any individually listed product in the products/category listing the screen is returned as a very blank main body with the header and left column perfectly in place. There is no error code returned at the top.

Everything looks in place from the catalog view with the product showing the attributes as expected.

I can EDIT whole categories and individual products in other categories (such as Specials, Featured Products, etc.), but I can't edit ANY individual product in the main products listing.

I don't want to back out the mod because it is very useful, but at some time I'll have to edit a product.

I've rechecked everything and I can't find any discrepancies with your contribution.

I'm sure it's my problem and not your contribution. Do you have a good suggestion where I should start looking?

Thanks,

I'm a big fan of your work.

After much editing, I have managed to get the weight of attributes to be added to the cart's total weight. Now I find that the UPSXML does not include that weight (it only shows the weight of the base product).

Has anyone encountered this and found a solution?

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

I am rather new at this OSC stuff and I feel I have come a long way with learning the system, but once I saw the attribute copier the coding looked a little tough because I am not too familar with SQL databases. What would it cost to get the AC 5.0 put on my site. This contribution is not as easy as just overwriting php files as far as I can tell. Any help would be great.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Linda. I sure hope you see this soon as I have done something terribly wrong while installing this fabulous contribution and now my store is snafu lol.

I had a real tough time modifying some files and am not surprised that I made a mistake (could be one of many). After reading through the forums and taking several looks at my code, I cannot spot the error. Here are the errors I am getting.

When you click on a catagory in the catalog, you get this:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'select p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p' at line 1

select count(select p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = \'1\' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = \'1\' and p2c.categories_id = \'32\' order by pd.products_name) as total

[TEP STOP]

Now does this mean that I messed up a table? If so, which one and where is the error.

Here is the other error I am getting. When I click on store admin, and then catalog, this is what comes up:

Parse error: parse error in /hsphere/local/home/jade2001/jewelrycabin.com/admin/categories.php on line 392

I do have your header tags controller contribution installed in categories.php, so I wanted to make sure that I didn't mess up that contribution. Had to modify this file manually.

Line 392 is case 'new_product_preview': in the following piece of code.

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $categories_id . '&pID=' . $products_id));

break;

case 'new_product_preview':

// copy image only if modified

$products_image = new upload('products_image');

$products_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

if ($products_image->parse() && $products_image->save()) {

$products_image_name = $products_image->filename;

} else {

$products_image_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'] : '');

}

break;

}

}

// check if the catalog image directory exists

if (is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {

if (!is_writeable(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) $messageStack->add(ERROR_CATALOG_IMAGE_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE, 'error');

} else {

$messageStack->add(ERROR_CATALOG_IMAGE_DIRECTORY_DOES_NOT_EXIST, 'error');

}

?>

I cringe to think of what else I have done wrong. Any help you can give is greatlly appreciated. Thanks so much Linda.

We will not regret what we have done. We will regret what we didn't do.

Ok, I managed to fix the parse errror but I still have the SQL error. Also, now when I go to add a product, I no longer have the boxes to add title tag, products description tag, and product keywords. These are very important features I can't afford to lose. If anyone could help me with the sql error and wouldn't mind checking my admin/catagories file to see what I have messed up, I would be so thankful.

Ok. I would appear that I have managed to fix the admin/categories.php problem. I do still have this error when I try to view products in a sub-category.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'select p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p' at line 1

select count(select p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = \'1\' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = \'1\' and p2c.categories_id = \'29\' order by pd.products_name) as total

[TEP STOP]

If someone could tell me where this error is located and what the error is, I would really appreciate it. I am close to tears now. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I have seen that sql error before and in the past it has had to due with an extra comma somewhere. Did you modify the index file at all? I have seen sometimes that in the modification to the index file the instructions will have an extra comma in it to delimit it in the message but you arent supposed to use it in the string. Try searching your files, especially the index.php, for ",,". I know it sounds wierd and Im no expert but no one else was answering you so I thought Id throw you a bone.

• 5 weeks later...

I just installed Attributes Sorder & copier.

I'm having a slight problem. I was trying do the insert for the configuration table and I noticed that the value provided by lida wasn't set. And I wasn't really sure where to place it because there was not direct explanation.

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('', 'Category/Products Display Order', 'CATEGORIES_SORT_ORDER', 'model', '<b>Valid Orders:<br>products_name<br>products_name-desc<br>model<br>model-desc</b>', 1, 99, '2002-12-30 13:28:47', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, NULL);

After I've done that and when I try to add attributes, i get this.

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

insert into products_attributes values ('', '32', '2', '3', '95', '+')

[TEP STOP]

Thats my problem... :(

One more thing, is somethign suppose to appear in the admin section after installing this mod?

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I have now installed the Attributes Copier recently. I notice in this thread, people talking about version 5.1, but I cannot see that on the page where I can see this contribution ??

Anyway, a few problems, and possibly all compounded because I had to apply this contribution to a heavily customised MS-1 site, that has lots of other 'contributions added'. :)

1. Fortunately we have a 'test' site, and since installing the contribution on 'test', product_info.php is not working quite the same. There is a field now missing in the form "cart_quantity", the hidden field - oscSid.

2. I did use 'Beyond Compare' to apply the modifications, in fact, I did the mods twice for 4 files, just to make sure I had done them properly. I noticed that the code from the contribution wasn't MS-2 either, but somewhere between MS-1 and MS-2 ??

3. In admin, if I try to add a new product, all I get is a blank screen.

4. In comparing what is here - http://www.8thoctave.com/osc_freecall/admin/categories.php , to the site where the contribution is installed.

(i) The link "Click to change Display Order:" top right hand side is not showing.

(ii) The "Copy Product Attributes to

ALL products in Category: apsait.com ID# 125" link and the 'Copy to" button are missing, and in their place just text with "Select a Category to copy attributes to"

(iii) The link showing as "Copy Attributes from: 111 ID# 227" on the http://www.8thoctave.com/ site shows as "Products Attributes Copier:" on our test site.

Any clues please ?

Thanks,

Peter

• 1 month later...

hello

i've installed this contribution recently and i can't get it working. most of the code is totally different from what i have in my files. can you tell me is there an update or something, to make it working with the new osc?

thanx

• 3 months later...

First of... great contribution! Now, down to the problem. I get an empty search for product pop-up, when I click on the link to Product ID Lookup to quick_products_popup.php. No drop down list, no data, just the close window and a Javascript error on missing object on line 39. Any idea how to fix?

Thanks in advance.

First of... great contribution! Now, down to the problem. I get an empty search for product pop-up, when I click on the link to Product ID Lookup to quick_products_popup.php. No drop down list, no data, just the close window and a Javascript error on missing object on line 39. Any idea how to fix?

Thanks in advance.

Ok, I simply needed to change the language_id to fit. Now, I read in the categories.php code about applying attributes to a whole category's articles at once. Where and how do I do that. I don't see such an option anywhere in my categories displayed. And I even tried the provided categories.php to make sure, I didn't skip a step or two :-" .

Does somebody have it working with attributes to a whole category?