• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help Please with Paypal

purpleKate

I've been trying to get PayPal working.

I've got the version already installed with oscommerce 2.2, but when you checkout and get to PayPal there is no items displayed nor the total (it asks the customer to enter the amount they want to pay!)

I installed Paypal Standard, but after you'd been through the checkout and got to paypal you get the following error:

"This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency."

I've done various things that have been suggested to me as follows:

I've forced cookie usage, but then when you click checkout the basket is empty. So I've turned it off again.

I've changed "define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'UKP');" in catalog/includes/languages/english.php to "GBP", but this results in all the prices in the catalog being zeroed!

In the PayPAL Standard settings I haven't done any of the pubic/private key encryption so these are my settings so far:

PayPal Website Payments Standard

Enable PayPal Website Payments Standard

Do you want to accept PayPal Website Payments Standard payments?

True

E-Mail Address

The PayPal seller e-mail address to accept payments for

Payment Zone

none

Set Preparing Order Status

Set the status of prepared orders made with this payment module to this value

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Set the status of orders made with this payment module to this value

Gateway Server

Use the testing (sandbox) or live gateway server for transactions?

Live

Sandbox

Transaction Method

Preparing paypal standard

Authorization

Sale

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address

All parameters of an Invalid IPN notification will be sent to this email address if one is entered.

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

Do you want to enable Encrypted Web Payments?

False

Your Private Key

The location of your Private Key to use for signing the data. (*.pem)

blank

Your Public Certificate

The location of your Public Certificate to use for signing the data. (*.pem)

blank

PayPals Public Certificate

The location of the PayPal Public Certificate for encrypting the data.

blank

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

The Certificate ID to use from your PayPal Encrypted Payment Settings Profile.

blank

Working Directory

The working directory to use for temporary files. (trailing slash needed)

/tmp

OpenSSL Location

The location of the openssl binary file.

/usr/bin/openssl

Can anyone help me here?

Has anyone got paypal standard working on their site?

It's getting quite urgent now as I have a client waiting for his site!!

Kate

see other your the same topic for answers

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

I have the same problem and I have searched the forums but I can't find the solution - could someone please post the link? Thanks very much!

Hi

Glad it's not just me!

I've searched and search the forums, tried other peoples solutions, but still not got it sorted. My client is waiting for his site to go live, so things are get tense.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be very greatful.

Kate

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
log into paypal, go to profile and under selling preferences there may be something you need to turn on,under payment also you can check the financial area too.

Yes I have checked in Paypal and oscommerce pages I don't see anything obvious. There must be a solution to this, it is a major major problem!

Yes I have checked in Paypal and oscommerce pages I don't see anything obvious. There must be a solution to this, it is a major major problem!

I have double and triple checked everything - Paypal says I don't need to do ANYTHING except turn on the module. osCommerce doesn't have any settings that appear to relate to this problem of the total not being passed. I have to go live soon, customers can't type in their own totals, please help!

i did have several problems with installing paypal as well. i did turn it on in the oscommerce end. i configured what they told me to do on the paypal end and still it wasn't working. i contacted paypal and to be honest with you they were great. they walked me through it, i emailed them several times a day until it was working. you may want to contact paypal directly. i am using paypal standard. i never turned on half the stuff they say it needs to be working. i am happy to report its now going fine. hope that helps.. i know it's so frustating.

i did have several problems with installing paypal as well. i did turn it on in the oscommerce end. i configured what they told me to do on the paypal end and still it wasn't working. i contacted paypal and to be honest with you they were great. they walked me through it, i emailed them several times a day until it was working. you may want to contact paypal directly. i am using paypal standard. i never turned on half the stuff they say it needs to be working. i am happy to report its now going fine. hope that helps.. i know it's so frustating.

Could you please describe what you changed on the oscommerce end? Thanks!

Could you please describe what you changed on the oscommerce end? Thanks!

here are somethings i changed/checked in osc. in catalog/includes/configure.php look for this code:

define('enable_ssl','true');// secure webserver for checkout procedure? say false if you don't have one (ssl)

on my paypal account (i have standard) i was told not to set up any shipping. leave ipn OFF and under website payment preferences i turned ON auto return with the return url as there is an underscore between checkout and process http://yourdomain.com/checkout_process.php

leave payment data transfer OFF. then you set up the sandbox (which is a test account) and create a $1. item to sell and do just that. when it goes through you then reverse the charge. i'm still checking my other files to see if there are other things i changed.

m

Edited by rmsigns

aggregate/itemize needs to be set not all paypal modules has that.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

aggregate/itemize needs to be set not all paypal modules has that.

Satish

I am running Os Commerce v 2.2, with PayPal Website Payments Standard. Where is the aggregate/itemize items setting found? Thanks for your help...

I am running Os Commerce v 2.2, with PayPal Website Payments Standard. Where is the aggregate/itemize items setting found? Thanks for your help...

OK I have read that article but I don't understand how it could help me. It lists the variable names, which are built into osCommerce code already. I looked in the raw code for the paypal standard module and I don't know what I would change there - the total should be called "amount" which it is.

This is the article that came up when I searched on aggregate in paypal:

https://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/webscr?c...ckout#methodone

Do you recall what exactly you had to change?

OK I have read that article but I don't understand how it could help me. It lists the variable names, which are built into osCommerce code already. I looked in the raw code for the paypal standard module and I don't know what I would change there - the total should be called "amount" which it is.

This is the article that came up when I searched on aggregate in paypal:

https://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/webscr?c...ckout#methodone

Do you recall what exactly you had to change?

This may help you... http://svn.oscommerce.com/confluence/displ...yments+Standard

Good luck!

CAZAM

have you tried going live and making a sale? i kept thinking it wasnt' working and i was already live and it did work. give it a shot and see. as for the aggregate i'm not sure i'll have a look and see. i dont' think i even set that. i'll check

I'e read the article linked and it's just very brief descriptions of the fields, no more info than what you see in the admin panel really.. yes I have the store live now and was trying to make a "real" sale to myself. I am so frustrated! I just emailed Paypal I hope they can help.

I'e read the article linked and it's just very brief descriptions of the fields, no more info than what you see in the admin panel really.. yes I have the store live now and was trying to make a "real" sale to myself. I am so frustrated! I just emailed Paypal I hope they can help.

i'll send you the email address of the guy i used at paypal he was great.

Had same problem!

Had to 1. Change currency to "AUD" or "GBP" in your case

ie

/ if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

****Change it to AUD or GBP or whatever

but the crucial step 2. is to

Go to Admin panel ---> Go to Configuration ---> Set "Switch to Default Language Currency" to TRUE!!!

Hope it helps!

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2679 : Paypal IPN for aggregate/itemize

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Had same problem!

Had to 1. Change currency to "AUD" or "GBP" in your case

ie

/ if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

****Change it to AUD or GBP or whatever

but the crucial step 2. is to

Go to Admin panel ---> Go to Configuration ---> Set "Switch to Default Language Currency" to TRUE!!!

Hope it helps!

OK Now we are on the right track. This store is in Canada and will only be selling within Canada (CND $) so I changed the file english.php to define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'CAD');

and then went to the control panel and set the language/currentcy setting to true like you said.

IT WORKED!!! Thank you so very much :)

Now, if I can get the tax zones working for different provinces...

Edited by redmare

I'm having the same problem (except using AUD instead of CAD), but this DOESN'T fix it.

I get $0 appearing in PayPal, with the currency fixed at USD - despite the fact that I've updated the english.php file and the Switch to Default Language Currency.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Littleflower

I'm having the same problem (except using AUD instead of CAD), but this DOESN'T fix it.

I get $0 appearing in PayPal, with the currency fixed at USD - despite the fact that I've updated the english.php file and the Switch to Default Language Currency.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Littleflower

I think there were 2 places I had to change USD to CAD, can you do a search and replace on the site (for example in Dreamweaver) and replace all code with USD > CAD? That's what I did.

Changed the file english.php to define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'CAD');

Then go to the control panel and set the language/currentc setting to true.

I think there were 2 places I had to change USD to CAD, can you do a search and replace on the site (for example in Dreamweaver) and replace all code with USD > CAD? That's what I did.

• 2 months later...

Please help me with this problem:

Hello,

I have 2 currencies in my store, one of them is Saudi Riyal (SAR) and I should have it for our customers

I`m using PayPal Website Payments Standard

when I tried using $ currency and chose to pay with paypal it worked fine.

but I have this problem when customers use SAR currency.

This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency.