• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

!I transferred my site to new host, now I can't get in to admin panel!

these are the steps i used to transfer my site. my old server did not have cpanel so i couldn't use the backup

1. Installed fresh oscommerce

2. Backed up the 2 configure.php files

3. Copied old catalog files over fresh ones

4. copy backed up config files back over

5. store works but with stock oscommerce products and alot of errors because of missing data fields

6. open phpmyadmin through cpanel dropped all the store tables and imported the old backup

7. cannot log in to admin- i get this error: Error: Invalid administrator login attempt.

8. the config files are right, the number of tables are right, and the username and password i am entering are correct

ANY IDEAS. this is a huge stump for me that has started to grow new limbs and i just want to grind it down to the ground and make it go away. (usually i like trees)

:)

Thank you, I love these forums because I've never been left hanging and always come to a resolution!

If the only problem is you unable to login to admin, remove the current user name/password from the adminstrators table. If there isn't an administrator, you will be asked to create one when you try to access admin. Copy the administrators records to a text editor before deleting them and you can always put them back if this doesn't work.

Archived