• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Taxes not adding to invoice total

bizebee

Hopefully someone can help. My taxes are setup properly, but it doesnt calculate, so keep having people paying for their orders with tax excluded. I have both the paypal option and the creditcard option so I need taxes to be added to this.

Thank you

Yvonne,

What version of osC are you using? I've been playing with tax stuff for past week and think I've got a handle on at least some of it. You might want to examine what the array $tax_address has in it in the order class as defined in order.php. From what I've been able to tell, that's what used at runtime during checkout process to properly identify which zone's taxes are to be applied.

--

Jay

Hopefully someone can help. My taxes are setup properly, but it doesnt calculate, so keep having people paying for their orders with tax excluded. I have both the paypal option and the creditcard option so I need taxes to be added to this.

Thank you

If they were set up properly they would calculate. Care to post some details?

If they were set up properly they would calculate. Care to post some details?

I had someone tell me that it is possible that the code on the basic system is incorrect, the webdesigner said he has had to fix this problem for another client, except I dont really want to spend an arm and a leg to do so. In the tax module, I have the area and the percentage and have specified for it to calculate on the subtotal of the invoice, so I am not sure where else to look to find an erro

• 2 weeks later...
I had someone tell me that it is possible that the code on the basic system is incorrect, the webdesigner said he has had to fix this problem for another client, except I dont really want to spend an arm and a leg to do so. In the tax module, I have the area and the percentage and have specified for it to calculate on the subtotal of the invoice, so I am not sure where else to look to find an erro

Yvonne

If you setup a website base in Canada, you have to install the UPS XML shipping modules to make the postal code calculate in a correct way. The original version of OSC 2.2 zipcode setup only work for U.S base. because in the store setup only can read the number, but canada postal also has letters. So, you should install the UPS XML Rates and Services shipping modules in order to make it right.

here is the link.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1323

Hope it can help you

ken

Taxes are mapped to Zones.

Probably Zones not configured properly.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.