• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attributes and Comments don't show after login

ugh

Hello!!

I posted this problem under AJAX Attr. Mgr. also but it may not be that attribution that is making this problem.

So, a customer is on the site and finds a product, adds attributes then clicks buy. Cart displays what customer just put in cart with all attributes. (Great) Now customer clicks checkout and is prompted to login. (Great) After customer logs in, they proceed to checkout and all attributes are missing from the cart.(Not so great) If they proceed and go all the way through checkout (paying and everything), the order has no attributes assigned to it in admin, emails, etc. Also, if they add a comment to the order, this doesn't show up anywhere either.

I've installed:

STS v4.5.8

Separate Top Category Boxes (from Deep Inside osCommerce by Monika Mathe)

Option Type Feature 3.0

More Pics 6 v. 1.2.c

AJAX Attribute Manager v 2.8.2

Any ideas?

Just a note: I read through and found info regarding similar problems when updating the cart. This does not happen - only when customer logs in - I can update the cart with no problems. I've tried the fixes for that but uncommenting line 81 in shopping_cart.php gives a message when checking out the the invoice has already been paid for (yikes!) and besides, it doesn't fix my problem anyway.

Thanks!

Edited by ugh

Its sounds like a sid issue, what are your settings in session, do you have force cookie use on?

Poeple have had issues with the coding in STS, have you checked if there's any around checkout that might be causing the bug?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Its sounds like a sid issue, what are your settings in session, do you have force cookie use on?

Nope, I don't have force cookies on. (I did test it both ways though and still the same result.)

Poeple have had issues with the coding in STS, have you checked if there's any around checkout that might be causing the bug?

I'll take a look...

Thanks for your response.

OK so I think the problem lies with application_top.php (this is the only file in common that STS modifies)

I haven't found a particular area that might be the problem, but I'll keep everyone posted!

Edited by ugh

OK so I think the problem lies with application_top.php (this is the only file in common that STS modifies)

I haven't found a particular area that might be the problem, but I'll keep everyone posted!

I didn't find anything that looked like it might cause a problem. It may have something to do with funcitons/sessions.php. Here's some code that might be the culprit:

function tep_session_is_registered($variable) {
   if (PHP_VERSION < 4.3) {
     return session_is_registered($variable);
   } else {
     return isset($_SESSION) && array_key_exists($variable, $_SESSION);
  //return array_key_exists($variable, $_SESSION);
  //return (is_array($_SESSION) ? array_key_exists($variable, $_SESSION) : false);
  //return isset($_SESSION) && array_key_exists($variable, $_SESSION);
   }
 }

As you can see, I've tried a couple of different fixes. (Originally, an error showed up regarding line 123(?) on sessions.php. I used one of the fixes but now that I've gotten further along, I don't get that error anymore and all of the above commented out seem to have no effect on anything...) HMMMM.......

• 2 weeks later...
Hello!!

I posted this problem under AJAX Attr. Mgr. also but it may not be that attribution that is making this problem.

So, a customer is on the site and finds a product, adds attributes then clicks buy. Cart displays what customer just put in cart with all attributes. (Great) Now customer clicks checkout and is prompted to login. (Great) After customer logs in, they proceed to checkout and all attributes are missing from the cart.(Not so great) If they proceed and go all the way through checkout (paying and everything), the order has no attributes assigned to it in admin, emails, etc. Also, if they add a comment to the order, this doesn't show up anywhere either.

I've installed:

STS v4.5.8

Separate Top Category Boxes (from Deep Inside osCommerce by Monika Mathe)

Option Type Feature 3.0

More Pics 6 v. 1.2.c

AJAX Attribute Manager v 2.8.2

Any ideas?

Just a note: I read through and found info regarding similar problems when updating the cart. This does not happen - only when customer logs in - I can update the cart with no problems. I've tried the fixes for that but uncommenting line 81 in shopping_cart.php gives a message when checking out the the invoice has already been paid for (yikes!) and besides, it doesn't fix my problem anyway.

Thanks!

Hi

I have the same prob it is to do with Option Type Feature 3.0

and yes it is a sid issue ?

but I no nothink about sid

can we get help?