• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] MATC

Is there a way to set the agreement /conditional terms on a particular product info page? I have 1 product our of a dozen that requires a simple checkbox and some text to make sure the customer "fully understands" what they are adding to their cart.

If there is a tweek or hack we can imply with this contribution to do just that, please share.

Thanks!

If your using php5 it will be easy just one piece of code

in product_info.php add this code where you want matc to appear

<?php
if ($product_info['products_id'] =='id') {
require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'matc.php');
}
?>

reomve the <?php ?> if already placing in php existing code

amend id to the product id that you want ie at end of url you will see this products_id=27 or p-27.html if using seo urls

if not using php 5 you will need to place this after

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>

chose which one you would like

<?php //-----   BEGINNING OF ADDITION: MATC   -----// 
if($HTTP_GET_VARS['matcerror'] == 'true'){
?>
  <tr>
	<td><?php 
$matc_error_box_contents = array();
$matc_error_box_contents[] = array('text' => MATC_ERROR);
new errorBox($matc_error_box_contents);

?></td>
  </tr>
<?php } //-----   END OF ADDITION: MATC   -----// ?>

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your using php5 it will be easy just one piece of code

in product_info.php add this code where you want matc to appear

<?php
require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'matc.php');
}
?>

reomve the <?php ?> if already placing in php existing code

amend id to the product id that you want ie at end of url you will see this products_id=27 or p-27.html if using seo urls

if not using php 5 you will need to place this after

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>

chose which one you would like

<?php //-----   BEGINNING OF ADDITION: MATC   -----// 
if($HTTP_GET_VARS['matcerror'] == 'true'){
?>
  <tr>
	<td><?php 
$matc_error_box_contents = array();
$matc_error_box_contents[] = array('text' => MATC_ERROR);
new errorBox($matc_error_box_contents);

?></td>
  </tr>
<?php } //-----   END OF ADDITION: MATC   -----// ?>

also do this

you will also have to add the id to the add to cart button

find

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart1.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART);

change to

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart1.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART, 'id="TheSubmitButton"');
} else {
 echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart1.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART);
}

replacing =='id' with product id number

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Have big problem have installed MATC 2.3.1

check all out everything work fine tried creat account

Term box show at the bottom of the page

click on ,button continue get avialable

all ok but one big problem

all new costumers not recording to the database i riecive email what new costumer have registrated but nothing comes up in costumer list or in database

before all was working fine

please what i am done wrong

Help

Hi all

all new costumers not recording to the database i riecive email what new costumer have registrated but nothing comes up in costumer list or in database

Help

Hi

Im not sure what you have done wrong, try reinstalling it again, replace create_account.php with a default one from OSC

Steve

2 questions regarding this contrib:

1) On checkout, bottom of page (as another poster indicated) I have the transparent button, and the standard button showing. I'm not sure where to look in the code for this. Anyone?

2) After setting the controls in admin and running test orders, I have found that this does not work using Firefox, however it does work using IE. Is there any workaround for use with Firefox?

Download Contribution at: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5750

Hello,

I'm running the newest version of MATC 2.3.1. With IE 7 and Firefox there are no problems. But now that IE8 is out on the marked it doesnt function 100% anymore.

The problem:

If you haven't checked the Conditions you can't click on the next button. This is okay. But if you try when it's not checked it supose to be highlight the checkbox and the text before the checkbox.. In IE7 and Firefox this wasn't a problem. in IE8 this won't happen anymore and i can't figure it out what the problem is. If you do this on IE8 with compatible mode on it works again! without compatiblemode it doesnt!

Can anyone please help me with this problem?! Thanks in advanced.

Best regards,

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm running the newest version of MATC 2.3.1. With IE 7 and Firefox there are no problems. But now that IE8 is out on the marked it doesnt function 100% anymore.

The problem:

If you haven't checked the Conditions you can't click on the next button. This is okay. But if you try when it's not checked it supose to be highlight the checkbox and the text before the checkbox.. In IE7 and Firefox this wasn't a problem. in IE8 this won't happen anymore and i can't figure it out what the problem is. If you do this on IE8 with compatible mode on it works again! without compatiblemode it doesnt!

Can anyone please help me with this problem?! Thanks in advanced.

Best regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

I would suggest pointing that out to MS for them to fix their browser and make it more compatible, it seems IE8 doesn't like java script like IE7 does

Steve

2 questions regarding this contrib:

1) On checkout, bottom of page (as another poster indicated) I have the transparent button, and the standard button showing. I'm not sure where to look in the code for this. Anyone?

2) After setting the controls in admin and running test orders, I have found that this does not work using Firefox, however it does work using IE. Is there any workaround for use with Firefox?

1) recheck install i think you added rather than replace, also this might be due to javascript not enabled on firefox,

2) it works fine for me on firefox what firefox version is it your using i used 3.0.2 to 3.0.4 versions an is ok

Steve

Hi all

Help

Hi

I would used winmerge and check your create_account.php with one from contribution or replace with default osc create_account.php and re do install on that file again

Steve

Hi Olof and everyone here ..

my problem was : i install last version of MATC 2.3.1. so my site and admin was in french i put all the files after comparison in winmerge (i put the different files in directories ..i try to tune up the admin part of addon like the manaul file when i goes on the site i have a http500 error

but my french file was a german text modified file do you think its this file

my shop had a buying template modification

my sql query was succesful at position require in your instructions

could you help me pls

my problem was : i install last version of MATC 2.3.1. so my site and admin was in french i put all the files after comparison in winmerge (i put the different files in directories ..i try to tune up the admin part of addon like the manaul file when i goes on the site i have a http500 error

could you help me pls

could you help me pls

well well i find my error http500 i modify your file in german version for frnch after thinking about i modify the french language file with your english part of files with a little translation it's work perfectly sorry for my mistake ...

for another people who's want to have the french file write to me

• 2 weeks later...

I have just fully installed this contribution, however my payment gatewat isn't working (Patrasys)

When you click the "Confirm Order" after entering billing address, it usually takes you away from my website to the payment gate way website for payment (patrasys) but now it loads up to a page which says "This program cannot display the webpage"

PLEASE HELP!! I can't get payments, and I need the payments on my shop so I can pay rent, this is hugely important to me..

Many thanks in advance.

I have just fully installed this contribution, however my payment gatewat isn't working (Patrasys)

When you click the "Confirm Order" after entering billing address, it usually takes you away from my website to the payment gate way website for payment (patrasys) but now it loads up to a page which says "This program cannot display the webpage"

PLEASE HELP!! I can't get payments, and I need the payments on my shop so I can pay rent, this is hugely important to me..

Many thanks in advance.

Disable matc on checkout and use matc on create account, i cant understand why it wont work, with that payment, you can always revert back to a standard checkout_payment.php

Steve

Disable matc on checkout and use matc on create account, i cant understand why it wont work, with that payment, you can always revert back to a standard checkout_payment.php

Steve

Hi steve, I tried disabling matc on checkout, still didn't work :'(

I have a loads of contributions installed, so I wouldn't want to revert to standard checkout_payment.php just incase it messed up any current installations on shop..

I have purchase without account on my shop, would this be effecting any code?

As when I was using beyond compare to compare both files, I didn't add a couple of lines of code as it was nearly same code but however I didn't add because it was purchase without account code& I thought doing that would then mess up that contributions...

Anyways, I am not really sure... :(

All the best mate

Edited by LondonTown

Hi steve, I tried disabling matc on checkout, still didn't work :'(

I have a loads of contributions installed, so I wouldn't want to revert to standard checkout_payment.php just incase it messed up any current installations on shop..

I have purchase without account on my shop, would this be effecting any code?

As when I was using beyond compare to compare both files, I didn't add a couple of lines of code as it was nearly same code but however I didn't add because it was purchase without account code& I thought doing that would then mess up that contributions...

Anyways, I am not really sure... :(

All the best mate

Hi

If that code was similar, there might be a slight difference i would examine it more carefully look for bit that is different copy and paste only that bit to add it

That might be why its not working

Steve

Hi

Thanks for a very good contrib. Its a Must for the store that I am currently up to... :rolleyes:

I am having trouble when displaying the terms and conditions as the HTML text is not rendering, actually I get a blank page when clicking on Conditions of Use... :'( I had to resolve to amend the root/conditions.php to download a PDF version of the terms and conditions, since the site deals in firearms... but its not professional at all and would like to have the HTML text displaying in proper place.

I have followed all the necessary installation steps and re-checked for any errors, but everything seems fine. My site is hosted on Yahoo and I don't know if this could be a security issue.

I think that the problem relies on html2text conversion.

I need guidance please.

Regs Proimage

Hi

Thanks for a very good contrib. Its a Must for the store that I am currently up to... :rolleyes:

I am having trouble when displaying the terms and conditions as the HTML text is not rendering, actually I get a blank page when clicking on Conditions of Use... :'( I had to resolve to amend the root/conditions.php to download a PDF version of the terms and conditions, since the site deals in firearms... but its not professional at all and would like to have the HTML text displaying in proper place.

I have followed all the necessary installation steps and re-checked for any errors, but everything seems fine. My site is hosted on Yahoo and I don't know if this could be a security issue.

I need guidance please.

Regs Proimage

HELLO I have same problem to you ..if someone help us it's great

i made a texte for my conditions ..when i try to put in my site i have white screen error 500 i don't know if my text are formatted for php standard

Hey all,

am having the same problem as cghost a while back - everything's installed, i've double-checked my work with araxis file merge, but after ticking the box and getting sent to the payment page (checkout_confirmation.php), when the user chooses a payment method, he gets sent back to the previous page (checkout_payment.php) instead of to the bank page.

have a french bank system module for payment, but can't see where the conflict might be. would really prefer to stick with this method rather than doing an "agree at sign up"...any ideas ?

thanks!

-jennyb

Hi

I need guidance please.

Regs Proimage

Any help please...

Got it! there were two bits of code

$order_total_modules->process();

and

if (isset($$payment->form_action_url)) {
   $form_action_url = $$payment->form_action_url;
 } else {
   $form_action_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL');
 }

echo tep_draw_form('checkout_confirmation', $form_action_url, 'post');

that were positioned differently on the MATC pages and that's what was messing me up...relief !

great contrib, thanks!

Hello all together,

first of all I have to say that I´ve installed MATC and it´s a very great contrib. :thumbsup: Thanks to Olof and Steve!!!

Now my question ... how can I change font size, color and weight? I´m talking about the sentence "I´ve read the terms and conditions and accept them" next to the agreementbox!

Would be very nice if somebody can help me! :rolleyes:

Best wishes from Germany,

Anke