osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] MATC

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Olof, thanks for it, but.....

i´m looking for a way to check the conditions anyway, if the customer has disabled javascript in his browser. Any idea?

kind regards, claudio

Hello Claudio,

I actually I don't know of any other way to check if a checkbox is checked other than using javascript. Please tell me if you find any :)

But how often does it happen nowadays that visitors have javascript disabled?

Hello Claudio,

I actually I don't know of any other way to check if a checkbox is checked other than using javascript. Please tell me if you find any :)

But how often does it happen nowadays that visitors have javascript disabled?

Hello Olof,

i don´t know too how often Visitors without java come in, but in Germany we have laws, that make this agreements necessary. So it must be assured that the Visitors have read, understood and accepted these terms, they have to confirm that in this checkbox.

We are now looking for a way to implement MATC for those who use java, but also a way to make checkouts impossible, if there is someone without java and wants to checkout without agreement of the terms.

It can be with a additional line that shows the visitor he didn´t agree or a simple redirect on this confirm-page. The way should be, first checking if java is active, if not, going a php-way to check the box, it can be another box at the same place, but with the same function.

I hope my english is not too bad, and you understan, what i mean.

MATC is one of the best agreement-tools i´ve seen for osc, but this little feature is for us Germans important to eliminate the possibility to purchase unchecked. The agreement in the account-creation is not critical if not checked, only the checkout is relevant, it averts the possibility for the customer to get unlimited return-time-limits.

kind regards, Claudio

Your Work is great too...

In the checkout_confirmation doesn´t appear the red line which informs the customer that he has to check the box (ENTRY_GENDER_MATC), when java is disabled.

One small Bug i found: If the agree is disabled in create-account, the error that no box is checked appears, but there is no box to check... :)

Another Thing: Is it possible to separate the Textareas in Create Account and Checkout a little bit? There should be used different Text for each, this would make it perfect. It would be fine, if there were different Texts to use (e.g. TEXT_INFORMATION for the Create_account and TEXT_INFORMATION_PLAIN for Checkout.

BIGGGEST THANKS to you, you made my day now ;)

Edited by cdfcool

Your Work is great too...

In the checkout_confirmation doesn´t appear the red line which informs the customer that he has to check the box (ENTRY_GENDER_MATC), when java is disabled.

One small Bug i found: If the agree is disabled in create-account, the error that no box is checked appears, but there is no box to check... :)

Another Thing: Is it possible to separate the Textareas in Create Account and Checkout a little bit? There should be used different Text for each, this would make it perfect. It would be fine, if there were different Texts to use (e.g. TEXT_INFORMATION for the Create_account and TEXT_INFORMATION_PLAIN for Checkout.

BIGGGEST THANKS to you, you made my day now ;)

I'm using anti robot validation contrib in user account creation. as long as i have entered a correct validation code, even without checking the MATC checkbox, by just pressing enter, the account will successfully be created and will completely bypass MATC. What do you think?

Hello,

It seems a made a mistake in the previous version. I uploaded a new version 2.2a. Please test this version and tell me what happens. Thank you for your help in developing by errortesting.

Thanks and Regards, Olof

Hi Olof,

in the last Version unfortunately customers were redirected after a paypal-payment to the confirmation-page, so they couldn´t arrive at the checkout-process and -success.

can you have a look on it before i install this new version, because i have a productive shop, where custumers should buy successful?

thank you, claudio

Hi Olof,

in the last Version unfortunately customers were redirected after a paypal-payment to the confirmation-page, so they couldn´t arrive at the checkout-process and -success.

can you have a look on it before i install this new version, because i have a productive shop, where custumers should buy successful?

thank you, claudio

I think the new version (2.2a) will fix this problem.

everything works except for that cool disabled button effect.. any advice where to look into?

Hi,

Make sure javascript is enabled.

Make sure you have installed the contribution correctly.

Advice: use the Program Beyond Compare

:)

First of all Thank you for that nice feature!

I'm having a problem on checkout_confirmation.php

I can checkout even without ticking the box! Any idea what is wrong?

Best Regards

Sorry this is my foolish mistake :blush:

Update to version 2.2a please.

If this does not fix it please ask again.

I'm pretty sure that it's a mistake of programmation from my end. I will keep you informed! ^^

Tada ^^...Definitly my mistake...I missed up a line while upgrading to 2.2a...

On checkout_confirmation.php around 360 you need to be carful to put down echo tep_image_submit('button_confirm_order.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONFIRM_ORDER,'id="TheSubmitButton"') . "\n"; ^^

Anyway still a kickin'ass module!!! Thanks a lot! ^^

[Edit]

Just found out something...how can we change font color? ^^ white on white is a bit difficult to see ^^

Tada ^^...Definitly my mistake...I missed up a line while upgrading to 2.2a...

On checkout_confirmation.php around 360 you need to be carful to put down echo tep_image_submit('button_confirm_order.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONFIRM_ORDER,'id="TheSubmitButton"') . "\n"; ^^

Anyway still a kickin'ass module!!! Thanks a lot! ^^

[Edit]

Just found out something...how can we change font color? ^^ white on white is a bit difficult to see ^^

Nice ^^

About the bgcolor: You will find it in the javascript in matc.php

hi,

I am having a problem where when my users click the "submit button" after checking the box to accept terms, the page simply refreshes and does not confirm the order. please help!!

Paul

I'm having the same problem with 2.2a, when a customer is trying to confirm an order the page only refreshes with or without the chack box ticked.

The module works perfectly when a customer shall register a new account but not when he tries to confirm the order.

Hi Olof,

thank you, claudio

I think the new version (2.2a) will fix this problem.

The problem was not fixed in v2.2a. Here is the debug information I have so far.

In checkout_confirmation.php, enablebutton() can be used as a client bypass. I can see that you tried to stop that client bypass by using a server check in php.

This check exists in checkout_process.php which makes sure that MATC is enabled and the checkbox is checked. Good job.

Now, we will address the problem with Paypal IPN.

I haven't had much time to figure it out, but Paypal IPN seems to bypass checkout_process.php therefore your server check never gets executed. When the user returns to checkout_process.php after paying on Paypal, then your check gets executed. The problem is how $HTTP_POST_VARS['TermsAgree'] stays true because the Paypal site doesn't have such a checkbox.

That is how I understand it at the moment, but we'll probably need someone experienced from the Paypal IPN section to help us. I only had a few hours to analyze the code.

Edited by dark_tyrant

The problem was not fixed in v2.2a. Here is the debug information I have so far.

In checkout_confirmation.php, enablebutton() can be used as a client bypass. I can see that you tried to stop that client bypass by using a server check in php.

This check exists in checkout_process.php which makes sure that MATC is enabled and the checkbox is checked. Good job.

Now, we will address the problem with Paypal IPN.

I haven't had much time to figure it out, but Paypal IPN seems to bypass checkout_process.php therefore your server check never gets executed. When the user returns to checkout_process.php after paying on Paypal, then your check gets executed. The problem is how $HTTP_POST_VARS['TermsAgree'] stays true because the Paypal site doesn't have such a checkbox.

That is how I understand it at the moment, but we'll probably need someone experienced from the Paypal IPN section to help us. I only had a few hours to analyze the code.

Paypal_ipn have a separate file alternative "checkout_process" , different ipn versions have different files, any mods done to checkout_process also needs to be duplicated to the process file used by paypal_ipn

Edited by toyicebear

I understand it now as following:

The Checkbox itself cannot be checked in the confirmation, it can be checked earliest in the process?

And that built-in process will be used only by the original payments, not by any additional payment, because they use their own process in their payment-modules?

So there must be checked earlier (in payment.php) to prevent that various process-mods can´t use the "matc='true'"? The easiest solution would be to integrate MATC in Payment.php, at that time no other mods had hijacked the process.

Paypal_ipn have a separate file alternative "checkout_process" , different ipn versions have different files, any mods done to checkout_process also needs to be duplicated to the process file used by paypal_ipn

What is the process file named?

Which file gets called first after checkout_confirmation.php?

\catalog\ext\modules\payment\paypal_ipn\ipn.php

or

\catalog\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php

Those are the only two files other than the language file.

Paypal IPN v2.3.4 is what I am using.

Edited by dark_tyrant

I figured out that neither of those two files are called right after checkout_confirmation.php which means checkout_confirmation.php redirects straight to the Paypal site. I don't really want to spend too much time on this so I suppose the client check is good enough.

If someone writes a fix for this, let me know via private message.