• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS is place of shit.

cojack

Whufff, it's the most shit of contribute have I ever seen. I don't know why someone have a great Idea but that what he do is bullshit. Now I and my friend tomakoz, from aichra.pl working at make template system for osCommerce on ITX, and on div lay.

I have respect for developers of osCommerce but that construction ( I men sts ) is horrible.

Whufff, it's the most shit of contribute have I ever seen. I don't know why someone have a great Idea but that what he do is bullshit. Now I and my friend tomakoz, from aichra.pl working at make template system for osCommerce on ITX, and on div lay.

I have respect for developers of osCommerce but that construction ( I men sts ) is horrible.

Well, you say you have respect but it sure appears you have none. :angry:

How much did STS cost you? Maybe you can get a refund??

STS is well documented with a very easy to follow installation instructions. Did you bother reading them? :blink:

I hope your new template system has easier to understand instructions than your post above. :lol:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I don't say nothing about installation instruction, I men the system "template" they have nothing... and he give you nothing, I have instaled it some time ago, and It's my opinion.

Best regards.

P.S. not pay attention to my English

Well, you say you have respect but it sure appears you have none. :angry:

How much did STS cost you? Maybe you can get a refund??

STS is well documented with a very easy to follow installation instructions. Did you bother reading them? :blink:

I hope your new template system has easier to understand instructions than your post above. :lol:

LOL :lol: This is something else now!! It probally did cost him more than its worth in database queries! I would not call it a stinking turd, but it does amaze me how many people do use it though.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

I don't say nothing about installation instruction, I men the system "template" they have nothing... and he give you nothing, I have instaled it some time ago, and It's my opinion.

Best regards.

P.S. not pay attention to my English

Obviously you have never worked with PHP before. Take a look at sourceforge.net and view the various PHP template systems available. You will find that STS is very similar to those. PHP is a variable based language and STS simply allows you to create variables for those variables and place them into an ordinary HTML page that can be edited using any text edit or WYSIWYG type editor. STS comes out of the box with variables that pull in all of the stock osC functions which makes it easy to integrate osC functions into an existing web design or to design a new osC shop altogether. STS even allows you to insert your own PHP code directly into the template page itself!

STS is based off a standard form of templating PHP scripts. It does not do all of the work for you as it still requires that you have a decent web skill set that includes knowledge in CSS, HTML, FTP, JavaScript (optional), Flash (optional), etc.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Well I personally would never use STS (or any other templating system) but that's not really the point.

I think the comments in this post are just downright rude. It is blatantly obvious when noting the usage of STS that there are many users out there who can't code PHP and/or don't want to learn and for them a solution like this is invaluable.

I hope some happy STS users reply to this thread in a positive fashion because coders of FREE contributions deserve encouragement to continue development and support not rude uncalled for comments like this.

Well I personally would never use STS (or any other templating system) but that's not really the point.

I think the comments in this post are just downright rude. It is blatantly obvious when noting the usage of STS that there are many users out there who can't code PHP and/or don't want to learn and for them a solution like this is invaluable.

I hope some happy STS users reply to this thread in a positive fashion because coders of FREE contributions deserve encouragement to continue development and support not rude uncalled for comments like this.

Exactly!

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Actually, STS is one of the best contributions i've come across. Installed it about a day after I installed osCommerce for the first time, then I proceeded to install it on my other stores, and each store that i've created afterwards.

Love it.

Seems like the OP, if I can understand correctly, is pissed because it didn't come with any pre-made templates for him to use.

Oh well, I guess there's some really, really lazy people out there.

I'm surprised he had enough energy to actually install it.

I can code and I still prefer the ease of STS. I think STS rocks, expecially after all the recent changes. I am not sure why people complain about free contributions, unless they are just trying to plug their new template system - which is exactly what the guy that posted this was doing. Pathetic.

I installed STS as first contribution to my store and I am glad I did.

This great contribution gives somebody like me ability to change look of the store easily. I just sorry that I don't know that contribution more in deep, otherwise I use it much more. I just very busy now with something else and don't have time to learn it as I like. But, I defenetely will. This contribution also has excellent support and this is also very important. I installed some other contributions but uninstalled them later after realise that they practically don't have support.

I amazed how much time Bill spent for contribution' support and answering all questions.

Also, I noticed that the best contributions some how were written by most respectful, educated and intelligent people.

I don't believe that somebody with attitude that low as cojack can write something good (don't even mention support). What they can do mostly is write some garbage post in jealousy.

Bill, thank you for your amazing contribution and please, please don't reply to post like this. You don't need to advocate your contribution, we all know what it is. Don't waste your time to people like that, you have more interesting things to do in your life.

Probably people who post such low attitude posts as cojack should be eliminated from forum, I'm not sure about rules here, but I think posts should be appropriate and respectfull. I don't want to see posts like this here.

You can say what you don't like in contribution but with respect and arguments.

Computers777dotcom

It is obvious that cojack is mad because he couldn't install STS correctly even though it was well documented.

STS is awesome. It does what it is suppose to do. Even though it hits the database hard, it makes template designing so much easier.

I would rather move a few variables around instead of blocks of PHP code.

Keep up the great work, bkellum. I haven't had any trouble with STS yet, and I don't think I will.

STS is free and the support bkellum provides is also free. I really appreciate the time and hard work.

I will be lurking around for updates so keep them coming...

It is obvious that cojack is mad because he couldn't install STS correctly even though it was well documented.

STS is awesome. It does what it is suppose to do. Even though it hits the database hard, it makes template designing so much easier.

I would rather move a few variables around instead of blocks of PHP code.

Keep up the great work, bkellum. I haven't had any trouble with STS yet, and I don't think I will.

STS is free and the support bkellum provides is also free. I really appreciate the time and hard work.

I will be lurking around for updates so keep them coming...

BIG THANKS TO BILL AND ALL CODERS OF FREE CONTRIBUTIONS.

STS is my next TO DO LIST.

Cojack, regardless on what happened on your STS installation or your understanding of STS contribution, if you have questions, just post on the forum constructive questions.

Laurent