• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I get rid of the "Welcome" email?

WoodsWalker

Greetings!

I'd like to get my system to stop sending new customers the "Welcome to My Store" email (text at catalog/includes/languages/english/create_account.php).

Can anyone give me a nudge in the direction of the relevant code? Then perhaps I can simply comment it out.

Thanks!

~Wendy

Towards the top of create_account.php change this line:

tep_mail($name, $email_address, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

to

//	  tep_mail($name, $email_address, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

What is the most practical way to keep the email, but have it addressed to: Dear Firstname, (instead of surname)?

Besides that, is there a way to change the content and formatting for the email that the admin receives once a new user is created?

If you want it always addressed to "Dear firstname", find this code:

$email_text .= EMAIL_WELCOME . EMAIL_TEXT . EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING;
  tep_mail($name, $email_address, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

Change it to:

$email_text = sprintf(EMAIL_GREET_NONE, $firstname);
  $email_text .= EMAIL_WELCOME . EMAIL_TEXT . EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING;

But for the life of me, I can't find the part that sends the email to the store owner when someone registers....

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived