• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Gift certificate error

Zachary

I install the gift certificate addon, gift_certificate_module_0.63. My problem is when someone creates an account I get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'entry_firstname' in 'field list'

insert into customers (customers_id, entry_firstname, entry_lastname, entry_street_address, entry_postcode, entry_city, entry_email_address, entry_country_id, customers_gender) values ('', 'Zachary', 'Sayre', '3313 N 68th St #138', '85251', 'Scottsdale', '[email protected]', '223', 'm')

[TEP STOP]

It is a new install of oscommerce-2.2rc2a and I followed the instructions. I also search on here for the past 2 days but no luck in finding an answer.

any suggesting on how to fix this error.

Was there some sql to run to update the fields on the customer table.

It would appear that this has not been run.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Here is all that is said about sql changes

Installation Instructions (complete all instructions before testing):

1. Database changes:

a. Make these changes in the database with the following SQL statment in mysql

alter table address_book add column entry_email_address text;
	update address_format set address_format='$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $state    $postcode$cr$country$cr$email' where address_format_id=2;
	alter table orders add gc text;
	alter table orders add gc_code text;
	create table gift_certificates (
		gc_code char(11) NOT NULL UNIQUE,
		amount_purchased double,
		amount_redeemed double,
		purchased_by int,
		redeemed_by int,
		purchase_date date,
		last_redeemed date);

create table gift_certificate_redemptions(
		gcredeem_index  INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY,
		gc_code char(11) not null,
		redeemed_by int,
		amount_redeemed double,
		date_redeemed date);

I have a problem with the same package except mine says:

Resource id #741054 - Unknown column 'purchase_date' in 'field list'

insert into gift_certificates (gc_code, amount_purchased, amount_redeemed, purchased_by, purchase_date) values ('1bsQa3Oyl8Q', '14.5', '0', '2', now())

[TEP STOP]

I got the code figured out but now I can' t access the gift certificate. It doesn't even generate one. Is there something that I am missing? I guess I'm not too sure about the ImageMagick program either. Does anyone know anything about this program as well? Also when I go to download page it doesn't look like my other pages. It's all stretched out. What next!

I got the code figured out but now I can' t access the gift certificate. It doesn't even generate one. Is there something that I am missing? I guess I'm not too sure about the ImageMagick program either. Does anyone know anything about this program as well? Also when I go to download page it doesn't look like my other pages. It's all stretched out. What next!

I got mine working.... I re-installed the new pages and it works fine. I am not using the ImageMagick program at the moment.... need to work on getting that part working. Still in the process of getting everything set up. I was originally going to use like it was a gift card. Then today I found the gift card addon. Oh well I might add that one as well.

I am setting up 3 different stores at the same time. I add the stuff to the first one and then the other 2 go much faster since I have some experience with it.

My 3 store are:

TVQElectronics.com

SolarMorning.com

SexyMorning.com

Thanks

thumbsup.gif Zach cool.gif

Edited by Zachary

How did you get it to generate? Mine makes jpgs but they are very crappy and I have to go into the gc folder to find them. They don't appear in the email. I did everything that he said too. I have a template but that still shouldn't matter. I'm so confused.

Mine doesn't generate an image. I put the image in the image tag from the product setup page. The image is crappy looking as well until you click on the large view button.

I don't know how to set up the email part. How did you do that?

Thanks

Zach

I didn't really set up the email. When I test purchase a gift certificate it puts the link for the gift certificate at the bottom of the email that gets sent to the customer after a purchase. So far that link doesn't work. It goes to a page that I cannot access. This sucks.

I haven't received an email.... not sure why. But I'll look into on my site and if I get it working I'll post what I did to get it to work.

Edited by Zachary

How did you get your module to work? Did you have to run any commands? Where did you put the module? I am talking to the man that created it and he said that in order for it to work I had to run commands. I'm not really sure what that means. I just wanted to see how you did it. You just followed his directions in the folder correct? I think the only commands that I ran were the mySQL tables and such.

I didn't get an email from your store.

I just added the add on where the instructions said too. That's all I did so far, because of the error I was getting. But I am still looking into getting the imagemagick to work.

I am having trouble getting the images. The order seems to process, but craps out at the end when I am about to complete the purchase. I get the email regarding the GC but when I follow the link it take me to the main catalog page.

1. I get this when I complete the purchase.

Warning: file(images/gift_certificate2.ai) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/nattechc/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/gc_output.php on line 17

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home1/nattechc/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/gc_output.php on line 117

Resource id #65

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home1/nattechc/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/gc_output.php on line 42

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/nattechc/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/gc_output.php:17) in /home1/nattechc/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

2. I get this when I try to view the certificate after following the weblink.

Warning: require(includes/footer.html) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/nattechc/public_html/catalog/gc_downloads.php on line 75

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/footer.html' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home1/nattechc/public_html/catalog/gc_downloads.php on line 75

Any suggestion are welcome.

Thanks

I am having trouble getting the images. The order seems to process, but craps out at the end when I am about to complete the purchase. I get the email regarding the GC but when I follow the link it take me to the main catalog page.

1. I get this when I complete the purchase.

Warning: file(images/gift_certificate2.ai) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/nattechc/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/gc_output.php on line 17

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home1/nattechc/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/gc_output.php on line 117

Resource id #65

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home1/nattechc/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/gc_output.php on line 42

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/nattechc/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/gc_output.php:17) in /home1/nattechc/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

2. I get this when I try to view the certificate after following the weblink.

Warning: require(includes/footer.html) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/nattechc/public_html/catalog/gc_downloads.php on line 75

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/footer.html' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home1/nattechc/public_html/catalog/gc_downloads.php on line 75

Any suggestion are welcome.

Thanks

I had to remove the 2 on giftcertificate2.ai. There wasn't a giftcertificate2.ai file. I think the chdir() error might be a permission problem. You might have to change the permission on that file I think but I'm not sure. This is all pretty new to me.

Have you made sure that the all the files are in the correct directory as well?

If you really need help I emailed the guy that created it. He would know more. You can find it under his profile when you download the module.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up reinstalling everything. Now I have a new error

1054 - Unknown column 'ab.entry_email_address' in 'field list'

select ab.entry_firstname, ab.entry_lastname, ab.entry_company, ab.entry_street_address, ab.entry_suburb, ab.entry_postcode, ab.entry_city, ab.entry_zone_id, z.zone_name, ab.entry_country_id, c.countries_id, c.countries_name, c.countries_iso_code_2, c.countries_iso_code_3, c.address_format_id, ab.entry_state, ab.entry_email_address from address_book ab left join zones z on (ab.entry_zone_id = z.zone_id) left join countries c on (ab.entry_country_id = c.countries_id) where ab.customers_id = '2' and ab.address_book_id = '0'

[TEP STOP]

I am getting this error when I try to checkout

Not what's wrong.

Edited by Zachary

Never mind. I have pulled the Gift Certificate contribution for now. Am setting up a test server on my system to work on getting it to work.

Thanks For your input.

• 5 months later...

I am very furstrated as to why this is happening.. I have reinstalled the the mod several times step-by-step however these are the error outputs I get.

Any clue as to why? Everything is chmod correctly and my paths seem right... I don't get it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIR_WS_GCIMAGES=gc/ custno=108 directory should be gc/108

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in /var/www/catalog/includes/functions/gc_output.php on line 131

Warning: fopen(var/www/catalog/gc/108/1JIngfSp40H.ps) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/catalog/includes/functions/gc_output.php on line 19

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/catalog/includes/functions/gc_output.php on line 87

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/catalog/includes/functions/gc_output.php on line 87

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/catalog/includes/functions/gc_output.php on line 92

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in /var/www/catalog/includes/functions/gc_output.php on line 131

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: File exists in /var/www/catalog/includes/functions/gc_output.php on line 132

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: File exists in /var/www/catalog/includes/functions/gc_output.php on line 132

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/catalog/includes/functions/gc_output.php:129) in /var/www/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have installed this and when purchasing I get this error now

X1 gc= order->info[total]= 11.14 gc_redeemed= gc_code=

This is for a £10 voucher pluss £1.14 postage so the cost is correct.

I have even tryed to go to a backup. I then get errors that state that it can't find the certificate function. I have looked at the oreder_total.php and there was no mention of it. What is going on.