• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

changing prices

hillary

Yes.

There are 2 ways use an sql command to chage the price of all your products by a %.

price = price * 1.1 will increase by 10%

See w3.schools.com for the syntx for update.

The other way is to install the Easy Populate contribution.

Download a file of your current catalog

Open it in excel and update the prices.

Use this file to update your site using easy populate

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Yes.

There are 2 ways use an sql command to chage the price of all your products by a %.

price = price * 1.1 will increase by 10%

See w3.schools.com for the syntx for update.

The other way is to install the Easy Populate contribution.

Download a file of your current catalog

Open it in excel and update the prices.

Use this file to update your site using easy populate

I don't have a clue about how or what to do with your solution.

Might be best to pay someone to do it for you then.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Might be best to pay someone to do it for you then.

I only have a few products. What do you think the charge would be? My site is wildmac.com. I haven't changed my prices in years. I want to just make one price. I would like to drop the sale of Adis ear rings and Wildmac's T-shirts and just charge $25.00 for any quanity of each pound of coffee ordered. Also delete the 2 ounce pkg. of coffee.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

I only have a few products. What do you think the charge would be? My site is wildmac.com. I haven't changed my prices in years. I want to just make one price. I would like to drop the sale of Adis ear rings and Wildmac's T-shirts and just charge $25.00 for any quanity of each pound of coffee ordered. Also delete the 2 ounce pkg. of coffee.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Hi Jim,

You only have 6 products for as far as I can see. Chaning your prices is very easy. Also dropping the earrings and the shirts is very easy.

A quick guide on how to do this:

You should have gotten those details from the designer, or in case you uploaded the oscommerce site yourself you most likely know the details.

When logged in click on catalogue on the left side in the menu. When clicked you see the three categories you have on your website:

Kona Coffee

Wildmac T-Shirts

Adria's Earrings

Click Adria's Earrings. Then click on 'Delete' on the right side of your screen.

Do the same with the Wildmac T-Shirts category.

To change the prices of your Kona Coffee:

Click on the Kona Coffee category. When you dont see your products yet click the category name again.

When you see your products click on one and select "change" in the following screen change the price and click on "example" on the bottom of your screen. You will see the price is updated. Click on "update" to finalise the update of your price. Do this for all four of your products.

If you have any questions you can email me

Hi Jim,

You only have 6 products for as far as I can see. Chaning your prices is very easy. Also dropping the earrings and the shirts is very easy.

A quick guide on how to do this:

You should have gotten those details from the designer, or in case you uploaded the oscommerce site yourself you most likely know the details.

When logged in click on catalogue on the left side in the menu. When clicked you see the three categories you have on your website:

Kona Coffee

Wildmac T-Shirts

Adria's Earrings

Click Adria's Earrings. Then click on 'Delete' on the right side of your screen.

Do the same with the Wildmac T-Shirts category.

To change the prices of your Kona Coffee:

Click on the Kona Coffee category. When you dont see your products yet click the category name again.

When you see your products click on one and select "change" in the following screen change the price and click on "example" on the bottom of your screen. You will see the price is updated. Click on "update" to finalise the update of your price. Do this for all four of your products.

If you have any questions you can email me

Aloha

I want to thank you for the info. It was very helpful and easy. I have another ?. When I update an order, the return email to customers never goes out. I always get a mail delivery notice stating that the time ran out on connection. What could cause this?

Jim

Aloha

I want to thank you for the info. It was very helpful and easy. I have another ?. When I update an order, the return email to customers never goes out. I always get a mail delivery notice stating that the time ran out on connection. What could cause this?

Jim

Hi Jim,

No worries, something as simple as changing prices and deleting products shouldnt cost you a dime.

In regard to your questions about the mail delivery notice I will have to see the error you receive when sending the e-mail to the customer. I do not know what the problem is with the description you gave. I do however have the feeling it is not an osCommerce problem but rather a email server problem. But I am not an expert on that. One thing you can also try is to log in to you admin and click 'Customers' there you will see a list of all your customers. Click on your own account and sent yourself an e-mail. See if that works, if so it might be an oscommerce problem after all.

Greets,

Bert