• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal thinks it's excepting USD payments not UKP

purpleKate

Hi

I've got paypal standard installed. My payment preferences are set to UKP. My default currency in DB is set to UKP. But when I try to made a payment from my site (in £'s), I get the following error message when transferring to PayPal:

"This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency."

can anyone point me in the right direction to correct this? I've checked the contributions, but can't find a fix.

Cheers Kate

The problem is with Pay Pal. They updated their systems around a week ago, and being a USA firm they only checked it was working for US Dollars. Transactions in other currencies are failing left, right and centre.

They are aware of the problem and working on it - but as to when they resolve it, your guess is as good as mine.

They messed up big time!

Vger

The problem is with Pay Pal. They updated their systems around a week ago, and being a USA firm they only checked it was working for US Dollars. Transactions in other currencies are failing left, right and centre.

They are aware of the problem and working on it - but as to when they resolve it, your guess is as good as mine.

They messed up big time!

Vger

Thanks your reply Vger!

I guess I'll have to sit tight and wait for them to sort it!

Kate

• 4 weeks later...

They messed up big time!

Vger

Thanks for this I have spent nearly 2 weeks trying to find an answer, I have found a lot of other good stuff while I was looking but none of the answers given worked for me.

Robyn

Thanks for this I have spent nearly 2 weeks trying to find an answer, I have found a lot of other good stuff while I was looking but none of the answers given worked for me.

Robyn

Hi,

I've sorted this problem out. For me I had the currency in oscommerce admin set to UKP not GBP, I also changed it in one of the paypal files.

Paypal defaults to USD if doesn't understand the currency like in my case. Just check everywhere that you refer to currency and make sure it's the right format for paypal to understand eg GBP not UKP.

kate

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue with Euros. Using Paypal Standard with only one currency set in the currencies. &eu is the currency code however on checkout I get "This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD"

Has anyone solved the issue for Euros

bflan

Chek what gets posted to Paypal.

The currency should not be "UKP" but "GBP" also make sure Your setting in Paypal profile accepts these.

If You ahve problem call Paypal with Your account details in hand and they will assist if the bug is related to some configure setting or paypal profile setting.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

The form on Your site that onm clicks submits to Paypal.

Vies its source code(chek what all is in the form as far as submissionis concerned).

else the code that generates this form put some file write code.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 4 weeks later...

I found the answer to this problem. In my case USD was set as default currency. I removed USD from currencies because I only wished to use EUR but in the catalog/includes/languages/english.php file the default currency was still set to USD.

This is the line to look for

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

I changed it to

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'EUR');

That did it for me

• 2 weeks later...
Chek what gets posted to Paypal.

The currency should not be "UKP" but "GBP" also make sure Your setting in Paypal profile accepts these.

If You ahve problem call Paypal with Your account details in hand and they will assist if the bug is related to some configure setting or paypal profile setting.

Satish

Satish I am being bugged with the same problem , my store is set to IN (Indian Rupees & IN is the right paypal code) in English.php as well as admin area

it still gives me "Paypal Does Not Accept USD" where is it getting USD from

my paypal settings say , accept whatever currecny

can you please help

• 1 month later...

OK I was being a twit and though I'd share just in case someone else did the same thing. I was trying to make the problem far more complicated than it actually was. :rolleyes: All that was wrong was that although I had GBP enabled, and all the shop prices were in GBP I hadn't set it to be the default currency.

Localisation / currencies / (select currency) then Edit button / "make default" checkbox / update and hey presto, Paypal working!

Cheers,

Owen.

Edited by Owen & Swat Motorsport