• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Help - Session Start Warning

JBCards

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /.../includes/filenames.php:101) in /.../includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /.../includes/filenames.php:101) in /.../includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

these are the warnings I am getting at the top of my website. I can't figure out what the problem is. Also, if it means anything, I'm not able to find a php.ini file in my folders. This site is hosted by hostmonster if that means anything to anyone. It seems like the site works fine so far, but I haven't tried too much as I want to get rid of these warnings first.

Hi Jeff,

Have you checked that in the includes/configure.php file and the admin/includes/configure.php file the last line reads:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql')

and not

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ' ')

If I leave this blank, as above, then I get those warning messages.

Gary

if I had the faintest clue regarding exactly what it was that I may or may not be doing, I would stop it!!

I should have mentioned, I searched the forum last night for help, but nothing seemed to work.

Gary, thanks for the suggestion. I checked and already have mysql listed. I tried with and without just to be safe. I did see searching, that should help a lot of people with that problem.

Oh crap, I just got it. In my includes/filenames.php, I had some extra spaces after the ?>. So I went beside it, and just pressed delete until nothing moved. I had read about that in some other files, but not in filenames.php.

So anyone searching on this problem, make sure your configure files have 'mysql' listed and in pages listed in the warnings, go to the end and see if you can delete any additional spaces or lines that are blank after the last >.

Archived