• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database check tool support

ohioman

This thread has been set up to deal with issues regarding installation or use of the Database Check Tool contribution. I will help any and all as I have time to. Also, any suggestions you might have would be welcome to improve it for the future. You can read about and download this at:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5962

Please: If you are posting here because you are getting an error of some type, it would be very helpful for you to copy and paste the error into your post for me to know what you are facing. Most anything else would be merely guess work! Your feedback would also be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ohioman B)

Nice tool, but does not work if your admin is not in the directory "admin".

Have to replace /admin/ in database_check.php anf dbcheck.php with /xxxxxx/.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

I began working on the problem you've brought up ... after seeing your post.. however... I also see that you have already posted 2 other versions of this contribution which cover this problem and have included the model of the product and placed an additional section in the includes/languages/english/database_check.php file for header actions to generate the column headings in each step. (I think it's at v1.2 already) Also.... some results show the Parent Category ID? After reading in the contributions area.. and.. your additions to the readme file.. could you show me an example of what you meant by "corrected speelink mistoikes" so I can follow along as well? Is that where you took /admin/ out of links or img src calls (for example)? I looked over the latest version post of this contribution already... but would like to know these things for sure so that I can continue to provide optimal support to this tool over time as I can...as I promised to in the readme file.

Thank you,

Ohioman B)

Nice tool, but does not work if your admin is not in the directory "admin".

Have to replace /admin/ in database_check.php anf dbcheck.php with /xxxxxx/.

• 5 weeks later...

I receive a MySQL error #1064 while executing the 2 SELECTs in dbcheck.php containing the "NOT IN" clause because I am using version 3.23.58.

Can you please provide the corresponding SELECTs with "LEFT JOIN" syntax.

Thanx in advance

Ebseguru

Can't remember what the speelink mistoikes were but they would have been mine in the previous download.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Version number 3.23.58 of what please (Mysql)? Also, please tell me what you are checking for specifically. Perhaps you are looking for products with no category?.. category with no products? One of those two are likely to be what you are trying to do. I might have to re-write something for you to be compatible with the version you are using... if in deed that is the situation.

Thanks,

Ohioman :thumbsup:

I receive a MySQL error #1064 while executing the 2 SELECTs in dbcheck.php containing the "NOT IN" clause because I am using version 3.23.58.

Can you please provide the corresponding SELECTs with "LEFT JOIN" syntax.

Thanx in advance

Ebseguru